Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario - The raid boss is at 2%

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:00 AM PDT

Scenario - The raid boss is at 2% you're the last person standing after a raid wipe, do you take the risk and drop everything you have to burn it down or stay alive to rez a healer/summon people back to try again? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 11 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:22 AM PDT

This pretty well happened in early days of hate in eq. My wizzy came back from a ld to a wipe and got a solo kill   /grin.  Was 3 peeps standing. In answer to the scenario , reset start again.

• 121 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:35 AM PDT
    Confusing scenario. If Im a DPS class then I can't rez anyone so my only option is to try and burn it down and most likely die. If I can rez then I must be a healer so there's no way I'm burning down anything. Plus if I'm a healer then I'm rezing a tank not a healer. Or are you saying there will be a way for nonhealers to rez? Hint hint wink wink. ;)
    • 438 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:15 AM PDT
    If I am a dps no choice but to blow cds and try to burn. If I am a healer then try and find a way to drop agro in safe spot and start to rezzing
    • 521 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:18 AM PDT

Most likely id try to get the healer up and then engage the boss to give the healer a sec to rez others, but something like this is entirely situational, I mean if I know the healer is worthless, then ill probably just scream This is my Boomstick and bumrush the boss lol

• 2756 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:25 AM PDT

It depends how long a reset would take and if you genuinely think you have a chance.

It would be *SO* exciting to try and be the hero, but if a reset wouldn't take all night that should be your choice when #CommunityMatters...

...on the other hand, if a reset might take many hours or even lead to a postponment?... GOTTA TRY AND BE THAT HERO!

• 1019 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:31 AM PDT

If a single person can burn 2% off a raid boss, that's a weak ass raid boss.

• 40 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:05 AM PDT

I use my "Verdict" ability on my inquisitor (eq2) and i finish the last hit point with an auto attack.

• 75 posts
    October 17, 2019 7:03 AM PDT

Hmmm. So I'm the last dps but have the ability to rez, so I must be a druid or shaman? Either way 2% on a raid boss could mean 50k or 100k more HP's to go. Back off rez and down the sucka after med break.

• 1404 posts
    October 17, 2019 7:51 AM PDT

AS one that plays a Wizard I'm wondering how I'm going to explain to the rest of the raid why I'm the last one standing and don't already have agro?

• 2419 posts
    October 17, 2019 7:55 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Scenario - The raid boss is at 2% you're the last person standing after a raid wipe, do you take the risk and drop everything you have to burn it down or stay alive to rez a healer/summon people back to try again? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

As I'll be playing a Shaman I would try to rez a cleric who can then start rezzing the rest of the raid.  Oh, but I'll be in combat and currently the Shaman cannot rez while in combat. So I'll be sure I have AgeWalker's Gift active, then rush in and die so that I can use Part The Veil then rez a cleric who will then rez everyone else.

• 223 posts
    October 17, 2019 7:58 AM PDT

Hmm, i had these encounters before, as a wizzie yes I did manage to take a mob down in this scenario with a mana burn although not sure the percentage but it was similar maybe 1% or 2% but a wipe is a wipe and depending on the mob or the difficulty of getting there or if there is a camped resser already, etc, getting the healer up may be good.

• 696 posts
    October 17, 2019 9:22 AM PDT

you accept death...unless the raid mob is soo weak 1 person can do 2% of its hp in a matter of seconds before the mob eats you.

• 454 posts
    October 17, 2019 9:42 AM PDT

im definitely going to be a healer.  Type still not certain.  So I'll be rezzing peeps as fast as I can.

This post was edited by Questaar at October 17, 2019 9:44 AM PDT
    • 1428 posts
    October 17, 2019 10:36 AM PDT

pfft.  we all the know the real course of action here:

1.  shout really loud in an frenzy of excitement smashing the keyboard and mouse furiously(doesn't matter the class).

2.  come to a crescendo at 1% feeling the moment of glory and truimph.

3.  get one shotted by the boss in a screaming frustration only to break my keyboard, mouse, punching out my monitor, only a few moments later to realize i've broken my hand because i'm a physically weak fragile gamer and out 500 dollars worth of hardware not including my medical accrued bills, psychological trauma and most importantly the gamer throne because i accidentally lost control of my bodily fluids =(

best. raid. evar. :D

• 1785 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:32 PM PDT

As a tank, I somehow manage to stay alive for the next five minutes by using defensive abilities, potions, self heals, and every trick in the book.  I finally die with the boss at 0.5% health and everyone saying "damn, you almost had it."

• 438 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:57 PM PDT
    That’s pretty good Nephele lol. I can see that happening if I were in the boots.
    • 19 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:13 PM PDT

As a ranger main in EQ, I had more than a handful of moments when I saved a raid with weaponshield and various other defense abilities/vet rewards later in the game. It was an amazing rush whether I tanked for the last few minutes all the way to the win or just stood long enough to let the tanks get rezzed and regrouped.

• 168 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:33 PM PDT

Seriously? how can a lone person have time to do anything but burn cool downs against a raid boss? I would imagine if you disconnect there is going to be some safegaurd to prevent agro wipes.  Using the ability to disconnect to clear agro has been overly exploited and no way you will get a rez off before the boss eats you alive.

• 520 posts
    October 17, 2019 9:11 PM PDT

Burn baby burn!

• 624 posts
    October 18, 2019 6:11 AM PDT

A bard "burn down" the big bad boss mob's last 2%...surely you jest!? I could try running it about for an hour while the raid regroups, or maybe flee, then sneak back to assist in recovery. Depends on the encounter obviously, but here is a better plan:

1) compose an ode to the boss, lightning quick, covering its heroic demolishing of our brutal invasion

2) entertain the target du jour with a rousing rendition of my new masterpiece, pointing to the piles of our corpses each chorus

3) get squashed like a bug at the coda

This post was edited by Kumu at October 18, 2019 6:12 AM PDT
    • 1019 posts
    October 18, 2019 6:38 AM PDT

stellarmind said:

pfft.  we all the know the real course of action here:

1.  shout really loud in an frenzy of excitement smashing the keyboard and mouse furiously(doesn't matter the class).

2.  come to a crescendo at 1% feeling the moment of glory and truimph.

3.  get one shotted by the boss in a screaming frustration only to break my keyboard, mouse, punching out my monitor, only a few moments later to realize i've broken my hand because i'm a physically weak fragile gamer and out 500 dollars worth of hardware not including my medical accrued bills, psychological trauma and most importantly the gamer throne because i accidentally lost control of my bodily fluids =(

best. raid. evar. :D

This is a sad sad reality of the life we live.  And we all love it!

• 160 posts
    October 18, 2019 8:21 AM PDT

If you have time to cast a rez spell and bring the rezzed person back to any sort of useable state, it must mean that the raid boss did not agro on you.

Which in turn means you weren't doing anything (a parked rez bot).

In which case your job is to rez.

If you have agro and the raid boss is hitting you for a few thousand hp per second, and interrupting your channeling, you likely won't be able to cast a rez anyway.

Even if there is some sort of an insta-cast rez item and you have it, so what? You will bring back one person, the raid boss kills you a few seconds later, and then kills him, especially since the person you rezzed is now unbuffed and with whatever death effects the game puts on you, so, not in a condition to do jack ****, except feign death and later rez others if he can.

Situations where this works, if you have agro, are few and far between. In 99% of the cases, it means a complete raid wipe, including you.

• 644 posts
    October 18, 2019 9:47 AM PDT

Kilsin said:Scenario - The raid boss is at 2% you're the last person standing after a raid wipe, do you

take the risk and drop everything you have to burn it down

or

stay alive to rez a healer/summon people back to try again? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Choice 3 !    Gate away and wander back nonchalantly asking in /gu what happened while you were getting rations?

• 1584 posts
    October 18, 2019 10:19 AM PDT

I'm going to look at this from a realistic pov and realize if I'm the only person left and the 2% left of the boss im going to get wiped, but im going to try to burn him down, becuase i dont see how if im the only person left how i could get a rez off, before the raid boss killed him/her, as i believe a raid boss if not hitting a tank should be close to a one hit scenario, or close too.