Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

What games are keeping you occupied?

• 14 posts
    January 26, 2015 7:53 AM PST

I have been playing Arma 3 alot nowadays. The wasteland mod is brilliant, 270 square km of terrain to explore, and iat the same time fighting agaisnt other people. It is  the most realistic and beautiful sandbox game i have ever played. Not really an MMo, but more of a Multiplayer game with up to 120 people on each server.

Here is a video showing of a few things in the game that is worth seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1mm2KKSv0

Some of these thing i would love to see in pantheon, like the night being pitch black unless u have some sort of light. Realistic inventory system and fatigue system if u carry too much. And as shown as the 23'rd thing in the video, fully simulated body with the ability to turn youre head in any direction while moving.

• 9115 posts
    January 26, 2015 8:36 AM PST
    Westermann said:

I have been playing Arma 3 alot nowadays. The wasteland mod is brilliant, 270 square km of terrain to explore, and iat the same time fighting agaisnt other people. It is  the most realistic and beautiful sandbox game i have ever played. Not really an MMo, but more of a Multiplayer game with up to 120 people on each server.

Here is a video showing of a few things in the game that is worth seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1mm2KKSv0

Some of these thing i would love to see in pantheon, like the night being pitch black unless u have some sort of light. Realistic inventory system and fatigue system if u carry too much. And as shown as the 23'rd thing in the video, fully simulated body with the ability to turn youre head in any direction while moving.

I really enjoy the ArmA series and all the mods, including Altis Life, Battle Royale, DayZ and DayZ Standalone etc, I really should put more time into Arma 3 though, I have been slacking for quite a while now ;)

• 595 posts
    January 26, 2015 9:15 AM PST

I'm playing a lot of p1999 right now and really enjoying it.  I also play a fair bit of Magic: The Gathering Online, as it offers me the chance to play Limited format much more often than I would be able with paper Magic.  And I also purchase games on steam and GoG when I see something of interest.  The funny thing is I buy lots of games, but for whatever reason rarely get around to playing them.  One day I'll have to start chipping away at some of them ;)

As a side note, I fully plan to spend some time with the Vanguard emu,  as VG will always hold a special place in my heart.

• 378 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:06 PM PST

Thought I would bump this and see what some of our new members are playing ATM.

Due to my Oculus Rift showing up currently playing 

Elite: Dangerous

Alien isolation

and bit of Half Life 2

Non Rift games i'm playing are ESO - it's got it's issues but still enjoying it.  

This post was edited by Zandil at February 5, 2015 6:07 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:37 PM PST

I was playing ArcheAge again quite regularly but once I hit level 50 for the 3rd time (had two level 50's through Alpha/Beta as a Patron) and started realising the time difference between my friends/guildies it kind of turned into farmville, which doesn;t keep my interest for long plus real life became a lot more busy recently.

I have gone back and put more time into Skyrim though to try and get 100% completion, just to give myself a target to work towards while I have downtime from pantheon :) (So far over 650 hours on PC Skyrim)

I was looking at Elite: Dangerous but never enough to go ahead and buy it.

I still jump on DayZ Experimental servers to test every now and then which is fun.

• 378 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:50 PM PST
    Kilsin said:

Elite is fantastic, even without the Rift,  if you ever played the older ones it is slimier in it is more of a space sim than a space game. no auto land and some stations you have to fly into and through an airlock.

A joystick is a bit of a must for it, can be done with mouse / keyboard but for the full experience it requires a stick.  Can be quiet unforgiving in open play server with real life players as pirates. 

This post was edited by Zandil at February 5, 2015 7:28 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 5, 2015 7:05 PM PST
    Zandil said:
    Kilsin said:

Elite is fantastic, even without the Rift,  if you ever played the older ones it is slimier in it is more of a space sim than a space game. no auto land and some stations you have to fly into and through an airlock.

I joystick is a bit of a must for it, can be done with mouse / keyboard but for the full experience it requires a stick.  Can be quiet unforgiving in open play server with real life players as pirates. 

Yeah it looks pretty cool I have watched a few videos and I think when I get some serious spare time, I will check it out but I have too many games at the moment and need to either play them and finish them to get them off my list before I start anymore! ;)

It does look good though and if I wasn't so busy and didn't have so many games already I probably would of got it during beta.

• 432 posts
    February 6, 2015 9:32 AM PST

Stopped Lotro now and when I feel like playing a bit, I spend my time with Dragon Age Inqusition.

The immersion is impressive - there are tons and tons of small details whose only purpose is to increase immersion.

Of course the flaw (same one in Skyrim and Dragon Age Origin) is that when you get to higher levels (17+), every combat is a cake so that the sentiment of fear disappears.

But all in all a good story line, well fleshed out characters and immersive environment - can only recommend it.

• 56 posts
    August 11, 2017 6:46 PM PDT

Right now it's been Zelda, Has Been Heroes, Mario Kart and anything on the Switch or Wii. 

• 188 posts
    August 11, 2017 7:35 PM PDT

Very shortly it will be Destiny 2.

• 769 posts
    August 14, 2017 10:04 AM PDT

Path of Exile has been keeping me occupied - mostly trying to play through the bugs since Xbox took it over. Sigh.

Otherwise, I shuffle back and forth between Titans Quest (I friggin' love that game) and P99, killing wisps in NK for lightstones while chewing nicotine gum and trying to not think about cigarettes.