Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tooltips

• 520 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:21 AM PDT

arazons said:

Yea, I have nothing really against min/maxing. Ive done it before over the years in various MMO's. I was just hoping Pantheon would be less conducive to it though by not catering to the folks that sit there and stat crunch the entire time and demand this or that.

Honestly the only demands I see is from you. Other people just gave their opinion on the matter. Devs may take into consideration what the majority of the fanbase wants, but from what we have seen, they won't go against anything that they had envisioned themselves anyway.

• 2752 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:22 AM PDT

arazons said:

Yea, I have nothing really against min/maxing. Ive done it before over the years in various MMO's. I was just hoping Pantheon would be less conducive to it though by not catering to the folks that sit there and stat crunch the entire time and demand this or that.

They are going to crunch the "numbers" whether they are visible or not, it won't take long for min/maxers to break down any system and have guides that become community norms. It just removes most players personal ability to make their own adjustments or make their own informed decisions since breaking through the needless hidden math/mechanics is just too time consuming. 

Personally I would never play a game that purposefully leaves me in the dark when it comes to making decisions on abilities etc. Especially if I were offered no numbers at all, simply "You strike a ghoul!" That would be something I could work with in a distant future with heavily detailed VR where I could see the cuts and bruises being inflicted upon a foe and their resulting fatigue, but never in the modern gaming world. 

• 1428 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:25 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

People need to understand that there are several playstyles. None are right or wrong in general. Some are just wrong/right for a specific individual.

Toggles work best in enabling each playstyle to do their way.

Toggle details on gives min/makers happiness.

Toggle details off gives others the immersion they want.

What needs to stop is each of the sides demonizing each other. There is no reason the game can't support other methods, allowing each player to decide how they want to play.

If you don't like min/maxers, simply don't play with them. You don't like more relaxed folk, don't play with them. The community will be large enough that you can ofhers to play with that match your style.

The interface can and should be made to support many play styles.

sniff sniff even pvpers?

• 1618 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:30 AM PDT
    Although it’s difficult for me to accept, VR should accommodate as many play styles as possible, even PvPers.
    • 368 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:33 AM PDT

Hegenox said:

arazons said:

Honestly the only demands I see is from you. Other people just gave their opinion on the matter. Devs may take into consideration what the majority of the fanbase wants, but from what we have seen, they won't go against anything that they had envisioned themselves anyway.

I've made no demands I simply stated my stance on the topic and apparently triggered someone in the process. Vaand on the other hand did make demands... " I demand that I see all the numbers"

• 2001 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:45 AM PDT

arazons said:

Vandraad said:

...I demand that I see all the numbers because...

...be that luddite if you want, ... and be blissfully unaware that your gear is garbage...

I've got to be honest, this type of attitude right here is why MMO's are what they are today. Making demands, literally...

Your attitude regarding players who would choose not to view the numbers as inferior players sporting garbage put me off a bit. What makes your "demands" more valid than someone who opposes your view points "demands"?

Totally agree.

• 1428 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:58 AM PDT

Beefcake said: Although it’s difficult for me to accept, VR should accommodate as many play styles as possible, even PvPers.

a sign of a beautiful soul far and few in an ocean of hostilities.  thank you for this moment sir.(not satire)