Forums » The Dire Lord

Evil Direlords tie (and then rapidly overtake) Fancy Bards

• 733 posts
    September 24, 2019 2:05 PM PDT
    Congrats gang. While the minstrels have nearly stopped composing for fun and pub coin, you have continued to grind out serious theory crating on what it means to snarl at your enemies as you pound them into a somewhat chunky but quite satisfying gooey mess.

A tip of my feathered cap to you all. Here’s hoping that at least some paisley patterned silk doublet armor gets accidentally marked as wearable by DLs (pssst Ceythos: bards are happy to share some quality threads so Ogres can strut their stuff on the runways of Terminus).
    • 235 posts
    September 25, 2019 7:25 AM PDT

I'm not sure it's 'continuing to grind out serious theory crafting' as much as it's hand wringing and head scratching. Until it can actually be played by the masses, the debate as to whether the dire lord is inferior, adequate, or superior as a tank will continue to rage. I'm going to laugh really, really hard if we get to 'end game' and the dire lord turns out to be the go-to tank, though. :)

• 2476 posts
    September 25, 2019 1:24 PM PDT

Yeah, it's a lot more wailing than anything. May as well be the Dirge class forum. 

• 1653 posts
    September 25, 2019 1:41 PM PDT

Mostly dataless brainstorming, thus doomsayers vs hopesayers. Participating is great but no one really has anything to support their arguments but "possibilities", which are almost endless.