Forums » News and Announcements

The September Newsletter is here!

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    September 18, 2019 9:08 AM PDT

The September newsletter keeps the heat turned up with our newest Underwraps, that has information on funding and an exciting reveal. Joppa is up next as he tackles some of your Burning Questions about class design. We catch up with Will Barry this month to discuss some of the finer points in crafting the Weapons of Terminus. A Formal introduction is made to Janis Sova, a master of deception known as The Queen’s Thief in this month’s Signature Character. We wrap it all up with September’s Community Spotlight, an adventuring Elf known as Stellarmind.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_september_intro/

This post was edited by Roenick at September 18, 2019 9:08 AM PDT
    • 13 posts
    September 18, 2019 9:17 AM PDT
    Hi, would have been nice to tell us, how the streaming programm is progressing. No PA5 update also . And where is any new infos on the new website you were talking month ago? Can only speak for myself, but this are burning questions to me.
    Nice new class-question-feature tho.
    • 35 posts
    September 18, 2019 10:25 AM PDT

The new section on class questions is a plus, but overall a disappointing newsletter. Yet again we are left with concepts and no real information.

Burning Questions:

1. Is the game funded or just getting by on whatever happens to being coming in each month?

2. Do you have an internal date you want to release Alpha, Beta the full game? I don't want the dates, just a yes or no if those goals exist.

3. Do you have any plans for additional staff since 3 gaming companies just recently announced restructuring plans to investors which included reducing staffs which makes experienced talent available on the job market?

• 75 posts
    September 18, 2019 11:21 AM PDT

I might be out of line here and may not be a popular opinion but I'm not quite sure I understand where the marketing idea of adding shirts mugs etc (grossly overpriced) was the idea for the month. Again, it may just be me but paying $35 for a mug that says pantheon when I could go to a local label shop and have them put pantheon on a mug for me for what $7? Just seems ridiculous.

These *burning questions* I haven't really seen in the other forum questions, granted I don't read every new post thats made day to day so I'm sure in some way they have been asked or reiterated by people one way or another. But they never really stood out as the *priority* questions being asked constantly. I feel like this was another newsletter stringing people along using italics on *key words* to make it seem like these questions are what the people want answered.

Having a crowd funded game is great and all but at some point you have to start giving answers or at least addressing questions that as VR has put "the people who keep the lights on and the team fed". I feel like it's just being pushed aside. Sometime (soon I'd hope) you will have to come up with an answer better then "we'll let you know about alpha when it's ready and not a moment sooner". I'm not saying an exact date but I think it would calm the nerves of having an estimated date, and saying "we don't want to do that and not hit that mark" is an evasive tactic of saying we aren't ready. Id much rather read something from the devs saying we hope to see alpha end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 AND then if it gets pushed saying hey we are working on it we haven't forgotten about it, or you! That's a much easier pill to swallow in my opinion.

But to say we wont give you an annoucement date on Alpha..."and not a moment sooner" then turn and say check out our online shop buy from us support Pantheon we need you, is a slap in the face because in simple terms you are saying "give us more money." You can twist it however you want and open up a shop and say check out our merch but between the lines it comes down to just more crowd funding for a product everyone here HOPES will be successful.

The issue with this tactic is it only goes so far. Support only goes so far before presentation on your end needs to be made. Not just pictures not player of the month not Developer's talking about how much they enjoy working on such a great game and team. Simply put...You make a pitch we offer you money you provide a product. Without a pitch you have no customer base, without a customer base you have no money, with no income you don't have a product just a drawing on a piece of paper that says "My Dream". I don't mean to sound rude (I'm really not upset while I'm typing this) but a pitch was made money has been provided and I think you'd see more support (crowd funding) with a bit bigger of a sample of the product you are trying to sell.

The only reason why I'm typing this (again I pledged years ago because I believed in what you believed Brad)is this has become dejavu for another game that was never released. (EQNext) The difference was that David Georgeson provided a product to be played before DB decided to milk the cow and send it to the slaughterhouse. Same bells and whistles, a man with a great vision to rekindle a flame that many wanted. And in the end after the pledges and alpha/beta keys and cash shops the game shut down.

I really do support VR and what they are doing, I'm just treading much more lightly now rather then going in blind as I did when the game was first and upcoming. It really does sadden me to come on once a month to a game that is highly anticipated and to be honest, be disappointed with these newsletters. I am only 1 of many in your support and I am sure there are plenty in these forums that will 110% back you no matter what you provide and thats great to. The gaming world needs both sides to survive. I just wanted to provide you some insight of what may some may see from the outside looking in, nothing more.

I really hope to see VR take off and to see Pantheon become some truly nastolgic and even mind opening to younger generations of people who would like to see something else other than the WoW world.

Yours Truly,

A fan, a dreamer, a guy who just wants Pantheon to be successful,

Tomkins.

This post was edited by OGTomkins at September 18, 2019 11:26 AM PDT
  • September 18, 2019 12:02 PM PDT

I can't comment on dates and development, other than to say that the team addresses this monthly, and the answers remain the same.
    Alpha, when it's ready.
    Project Faerthale proceeds apace and in keeping with internal schedules - it's our major drive.
    Crowdfunding makes us an indie studio - we are already lean and tight, operating on a well-controlled budget. The nature of this industry is such that there are always fantastic people coming into the labor market through no fault of their own as the big companies shift and shrug their way through corporate machinations. Our team is always looking to add good people when possible, and sustainable crowdfunding is part of that process, as our Producer has outlined in a previous newsletter or two.

Now, on to the Pantheon Merch Store:
    These items are priced as they are because this is crowdfunding, where 100% of the profits goes directly into development.

As I posted on another thread, Pantheon makes the exact same on every shirt offered; the difference is the base cost of manufacturing based on style and materials, which we do not control.
    Taxes and shipping costs are not something within our control either.

It is true that someone could lift our IP and make their own mugs or shirts to use, at cost. Sure; I can do that for my favorite band instead of buying their $40 shirts, but I won't, because I want to support the artist.
    We can't (and wouldn't) stop someone who made an item for personal use. If they start selling or giving items away, we are obliged by trade law to issue a cease and desist in order to maintain rights to our IP.
    However, lifting Pantheon assets does not support the development of the game, as buying official merch does.

We are most definitely reading feedback on the Merch Store, and want you to know that it is, like everything else we do, an evolving work in progress.
    Brasse

• 32 posts
    September 18, 2019 12:05 PM PDT

This newsletter is a disappointment.  The class info was informative.  That actually felt like real info for once.  But not one mention about the zone project.  I am sorry the name is slipping my mind right now.  But the push to get one zone completely done.  You didn't even mention that at all.  

I hope your business plan doesn't count on the merch shop.  Let's say it costs you $7 a shirt and you sell it for $35.  That's $28 bucks of profit for each shirt.  Even if you sold 1000 shirts, that's only 28k in profit.  I highly doubt you will sell 1000 shirts.  But ok even if you did 28k isn't all that much when talking about a development project.  You wouldn't even have enough to hire a new person at that rate.  So yes the merch store can be helpful I just hope you don't bank on the idea that it will quicken development.  

I really want to play Pantheon, and I am being patient.  Please take the time needed to make a fun game.  However, I hope you have better plans for fundraising than a merch store.  Time for outside capital.  

• 18 posts
    September 18, 2019 12:23 PM PDT

Once again the newsletter is mostly fluff and no real content answering burning questions about PA, A, etc.  You make a big deal out of funding and especially crowd funding giving off the impression that the game is hanging by a financial thread, yet in the past you said funding was secured to finish the game.  Also, maybe not take additional funding to add new features further delaying release and instead invest said funding into real marketing and also save for future DLC/expansions that can have content added.

My 2 cents...

• 103 posts
    September 18, 2019 12:33 PM PDT
    Ahh.....well anyway, Thank you for the merch store I was realy close to making one for myself. On a side note I may be mistaking but I'm pretty sure Killsin said it would be at least 6 to 9 months for PF and that it would be a blackout till then that was in March so why would you expect an update on PF?
    • 75 posts
    September 18, 2019 12:35 PM PDT

Brasse said:

Now, on to the Pantheon Merch Store:
    These items are priced as they are because this is crowdfunding, where 100% of the profits goes directly into development.

It is true that someone could lift our IP and make their own mugs or shirts to use, at cost. Sure; I can do that for my favorite band instead of buying their $40 shirts, but I won't, because I want to support the artist.

We are most definitely reading feedback on the Merch Store, and want you to know that it is, like everything else we do, an evolving work in progress.
    Brasse

Appreciate the response Brasse, I won't get into the first part about alpha as I wasn't worried about exact dates or wanting a time frame just simply adding that, those are the *burning questions*. It was more or less giving options on how to respond to the same question over and over rather then coming off so short is all.

While true yes spending $40 on a shirt to support your band make sense, it would be a lot different if the band released a ton of photos and said "Soon we will tour and you'll hear our music and we hope you like it!" You can't listen now but buy our stuff we promise a tour is coming soon!" I'm sorry I wouldn't pay $40 to support that. Again I may be speaking on the minority side of things as I've seen people already commenting on how they'll buy the merch for the price it is with, I'm sure the same mind set as you, it's to support what they want.

For me personally I'll wait until I see results from a game thats been in development for years and then I'll throw my money at it. For me I don't want promises of something grand possibly being behind a door, I want the door opened to see for myself. Then my money will go where I want it. Being in sales and marketing myself I really do understand where you are coming from. And I do appreciate what you guys do.

Indie based games and designs are great if done properly and there is obviously pros/cons to big corporate gaming. I can appreciate you guys do things on your schedule and not what the 6 CEOS behind a desk think will get the most for their money. I just personally decided to stop supporting via $$$ until I see something more promising. 

Again thanks for the response it's positive to see ppl from VR are reading forums still.

Tomkins

• 945 posts
    September 18, 2019 12:40 PM PDT

The "Burning Question" section will be something to look forward to going forward.

• 34 posts
    September 18, 2019 1:09 PM PDT
    I’ll agree with most others here in that the newsletters have become very sub-par as of late. I understand it’s a combination of factors like the fact that your team members working hard on Project Faerthale, big ticket items such as class reveals have already been touched upon, and that secrecy protocols are in place to prevent certain expectations while the game is in early development, but surely these letters can have a little more substance to them. When I imagine you putting the letters together, I feel like the person responsible for the Signature Character section creates beautifully written pieces with ample time for proofreading, and then the rest of the components of the letter are brainstormed in a morning meeting as to what can be passed off as a content filled news letter. For an analogy, let’s utilize your climate system that was “revealed” last news letter by basically summarizing points made in streams and news letters prior and adding in a touch of new detail. Let’s say these forums are in a zone consisting of a Tier III information climate, requiring a 175 acclimation score to avoid core and sporadic detriments. You guys have been floating around a score of 150. You have enough information, or at least sections, to pass it off as a letter but not really a monthly appetite whetter. So please upgrade those glyphs or utilize a potion to become acclimated again, as I think the community needs it. Release dates aren’t necessary, but there are multiple avenues you could take to prevent the doomsday prophets from preaching about vaporware. Talk about progress on an updated pantheon website, create a new world atlas in which you can reveal portions of land periodically over several news letters, put together a feature on the team’s (specifically Joppa’s) current thoughts on necromancer and bard gameplay. I have high hopes for Pantheon, and rave about the progress done so far with almost everyone I know, as you guys are truly doing great work. However, I feel that whoever the master of the newsletter is needs to reevaluate their process on article selections to make this game more marketable during this phase of development, as I feel its reach will go much further than a $30 mug. I still love you all, but let’s see some change on the news front. Share your ideas for the future of your game knowing your audience is mature enough to expect big and little changes to these ideas along the way.
    • 1428 posts
    September 18, 2019 1:46 PM PDT

thanks i've been needing a new hat for sometime.  btw i'd maybe thinking about putting a link to the merch store on the main website or make it more uhh visible because i couldn't find it on the main page.  i had to find it through the newsletter.

This post was edited by NoJuiceViscosity at September 18, 2019 2:21 PM PDT
    • 85 posts
    September 18, 2019 2:11 PM PDT

Thanks for the post Brasse. Some of what follows is for you, but it's mostly directed at VR more generally - you just triggered it. And I very much do not direct the negativity toward you personally.

I don't think anyone posting here is unaware that you guys are doing crowdfunding. Many of us have put a hefty chunk of money into that development. In fact I would venture a guess that most of the people who have contributed, have done so well in excess of the purchase price of the game. Multiply those dollars by whatever interest rate you think that money could have made in the market while the game is in development and we aren't playing it. That is the oppertunity cost we are paying to fund your game; to pay your sallary.

Sometimes fans get demanding, wanting more information or not appreciating choices VR has made. You would have that even if we weren't paying your bills. But we ARE paying them, to whatever extent your crowdfunding is sucessful. We are going to get demanding sometimes.

Think of us like shareholders in a private company. We are all interested in the success of the company, we all have something invested in it. And like any share holder in a private company that hasn't posted a return on that investment over a number of years, we are all a little concerned. Questions like the financial viability and future profitability (putting out a successful game) are major concerns. I understand that VR is not going to give clear answers, but the questions of "are you meeting internal targets" and "do you have the funds needed to release a product" are extreamly valid questions. Those are the kind of questions that ANY investor should want to ask.

I understand you don't want to answer those questions. I am not going to trash on you for it. You already have my money, enough for Alpha access, and you have had it for years now. I know why I handed it to you, and I knew the risks involved when I did it. I don't regret that choice. But I can not in good faith recommend anyone I know add their money to the project without some answer to those questions, and I find it distasteful to read the curt response to the questions. You might try to sugar coat it better. Or ignore the questions. Or maybe give an answer that is as responsive as you can be.

Personally I am not going to buy merch for the game at this point. I don't recommend anyone hand you any money for any reason until the answers to those valid questions are at least responsive and respectful, even if they don't contain the answers we all want.

You want us to fund your project? Treat us like we are funding your project.

Or don't. You do you VR.

• 3016 posts
    September 18, 2019 2:27 PM PDT

Glad to see the merchant store finally we have been discussing this from the get-go...this is a good start. :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    September 18, 2019 2:30 PM PDT

Kurgon999 said:

Thanks for the post Brasse. Some of what follows is for you, but it's mostly directed at VR more generally - you just triggered it. And I very much do not direct the negativity toward you personally.

I don't think anyone posting here is unaware that you guys are doing crowdfunding. Many of us have put a hefty chunk of money into that development. In fact I would venture a guess that most of the people who have contributed, have done so well in excess of the purchase price of the game. Multiply those dollars by whatever interest rate you think that money could have made in the market while the game is in development and we aren't playing it. That is the oppertunity cost we are paying to fund your game; to pay your sallary.

Sometimes fans get demanding, wanting more information or not appreciating choices VR has made. You would have that even if we weren't paying your bills. But we ARE paying them, to whatever extent your crowdfunding is sucessful. We are going to get demanding sometimes.

Think of us like shareholders in a private company. We are all interested in the success of the company, we all have something invested in it. And like any share holder in a private company that hasn't posted a return on that investment over a number of years, we are all a little concerned. Questions like the financial viability and future profitability (putting out a successful game) are major concerns. I understand that VR is not going to give clear answers, but the questions of "are you meeting internal targets" and "do you have the funds needed to release a product" are extreamly valid questions. Those are the kind of questions that ANY investor should want to ask.

I understand you don't want to answer those questions. I am not going to trash on you for it. You already have my money, enough for Alpha access, and you have had it for years now. I know why I handed it to you, and I knew the risks involved when I did it. I don't regret that choice. But I can not in good faith recommend anyone I know add their money to the project without some answer to those questions, and I find it distasteful to read the curt response to the questions. You might try to sugar coat it better. Or ignore the questions. Or maybe give an answer that is as responsive as you can be.

Personally I am not going to buy merch for the game at this point. I don't recommend anyone hand you any money for any reason until the answers to those valid questions are at least responsive and respectful, even if they don't contain the answers we all want.

You want us to fund your project? Treat us like we are funding your project.

Or don't. You do you VR.

You DO know that they are warming up to the next testing phase..still pre-alpha don't you?   There have been 4 phases thus far.    Pre- Alpha,  then Alpha (how ever many iterations or testing phases that takes)   then beta when they are closer but not at release just yet.   I have been testing games ..quite a few of them over the last two decades.   This is par for the course.   And for those that seem to have forgotten the project being worked on....the name is Project Faerthale,  and it should be, from what has been stated,  representative of what the whole game world will be like upon release.    I too have pledged...I am not a shareholder however,  I am a pledger.   I have been around since February 2014...pledged that summer, and have seen through livestreams and other media, the big improvements in the game over all.     In the meantime,  I do other things.  I wait for the newsletters ..devour those...and comment from time to time.   I am HAPPY there is finally a merchant store,  as time goes by I hope to see more variety in products offered.   BUT..baby steps.       As far as fluff or what have you,   one man's trash is another man's gold.     From the start til now inclusive there have been constant updates and improvements.     If you have no patience,  find something in the real world to occupy you.   It's coming...if it wasn't I wouldn't have wasted one minute waiting.      I have played and tested other games that Mr.  McQuaid has developped.      I have the patience to wait it out.         This current project is a large one,  therefore has taken more time than what we saw previously..for Pantheon.

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at September 18, 2019 2:41 PM PDT
    • 1428 posts
    September 18, 2019 2:42 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

You DO know that they are warming up to the next testing phase..still pre-alpha don't you?   There have been 4 phases thus far.    Pre- Alpha,  then Alpha (how ever many iterations or testing phases that takes)   then beta when they are closer but not at release just yet.   I have been testing games ..quite a few of them over the last two decades.   This is par for the course.   

Cana

it's a legit concern for some.  if one thinks about production it never really goes as planned >.>  like building a business or simple as cooking dinner, there is always something that comes up... such as my momma yelling at me for 4 hours then i totally forget to cook it XD

for the most part i agree vr is on track considering the choices(delay pa5 from q4 2018 to polish graphics, animation, fairthnhale, immersion)

• 3016 posts
    September 18, 2019 2:50 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

CanadinaXegony said:

You DO know that they are warming up to the next testing phase..still pre-alpha don't you?   There have been 4 phases thus far.    Pre- Alpha,  then Alpha (how ever many iterations or testing phases that takes)   then beta when they are closer but not at release just yet.   I have been testing games ..quite a few of them over the last two decades.   This is par for the course.   

Cana

it's a legit concern for some.  if one thinks about production it never really goes as planned >.>  like building a business or simple as cooking dinner, there is always something that comes up... such as my momma yelling at me for 4 hours then i totally forget to cook it XD

for the most part i agree vr is on track considering the choices(delay pa5 from q4 2018 to polish graphics, animation, fairthnhale, immersion)

I understand :) Nope something can always go awry in the back ground......"the best laid plans of mice and men."  Or to think positively...new crew member needs to learn the ropes...get on the same page as the ones that have been there forever.  New idea..."lets add this to the game" "lets add that to the game."   In the long run,  we who are the pledgers and (the testers) benefit.    The other thing that keeps me going is the excitement and mystery about what is happening next time. :)  And when it all comes down to release day (when ever that will be)   WE can own that this is our game, and be proud of that. :)

Cana

• 2752 posts
    September 18, 2019 3:02 PM PDT

Kurgon999 said:

Think of us like shareholders in a private company. 

Accurate if you think of us like donors to a cause, because that is what we are. We are not investors or shareholders. We donated funds toward an idea in hopes maybe it someday sees the light of day.

• 85 posts
    September 18, 2019 3:17 PM PDT

Yup. I am aware of the testing phases. I personally am not concerned that they won't finish the game. I am not concerned about the progress they have made. I am actually really very happy with progress made. That wasn't the point of what I wrote.

I am very happy with what I have seen of development. I am concerned about financials to a degree, but that really wasn't the point either. My point was more about the response to those people who do post those concerns. That response hasn't been the best, in my opinion. And some of it has been contradictory, wich is really my only wrinkle of concern personally.

Kilsin posted long ago something to the effect that "funding had been secured to carry the team to launch, and all future funding would merely speed the process." BUT.... that was posted well before Brad was "sure" we would be in Alpha by Q1 2019.

Things change during a development cycle. I am ok with that. I personally would like a little more transparency, but I can live without it. I really just want someone to be up front about what they will and wont discuss. I also expect them to be respectful, which they mostly are. But there is a tendency to condescension  when the fans are being negative or "demanding." That condescension  is distasteful, and so is the frustration that bleeds through even though it is often warranted  100 fold.

I am sure that it is true on the other end. They know we are passionate, but the people who post here often get snotty with VR. I am trying to not be one of those, but it is hard to express frustration without coming across as snotty. I am sure that is true for them also. They are welcome to stop giving me money too.

This post was edited by Kurgon999 at September 18, 2019 3:27 PM PDT
    • 441 posts
    September 18, 2019 4:00 PM PDT
    Awesome but no Bard info at all :/
    • 125 posts
    September 18, 2019 6:02 PM PDT

Roenick said:

The September newsletter keeps the heat turned up with our newest Underwraps, that has information on funding and an exciting reveal. Joppa is up next as he tackles some of your Burning Questions about class design. We catch up with Will Barry this month to discuss some of the finer points in crafting the Weapons of Terminus. A Formal introduction is made to Janis Sova, a master of deception known as The Queen’s Thief in this month’s Signature Character. We wrap it all up with September’s Community Spotlight, an adventuring Elf known as Stellarmind.

Great newsletter and a day early, woot woot! Will for sure be doing my part and getting atleast a mug. Keep on putting one foot in front of the other and don’t let any of these nay-sayers get to you. They’re only gonna take the time post cry baby stuff to express their impatientence(seriously reflect posters, specially all you on reddit- you’re literally THAT kid in a toystore except these devs aren’t your parents), when a hard release bomb drops only a fraction take the time to express thier appreciation.

This post was edited by Grime at September 18, 2019 6:04 PM PDT
    • 10 posts
    September 18, 2019 7:57 PM PDT
    VR y’all are doing a great job. It’s easy to demand dates and want massive progress reports. Dropping unfinished programming on testers and the community will only hurt the game.

Everyone chill, this is one part of the process that you knew about when you signed up, this game may or may not happen. I’m more inclined to believe it will happen. VR has been very honest about every aspect of the game, who are we to call them into question after they have come so far!

And If VR is struggling they should just come out and say it. Tell us what the need is and let the community respond. I for one don’t know the need so I am fine to sit at my current pledge level. If you where to tell me step it up we need more funding then I would defiantly consider it.

Again, great job VR! And as for me, I love coffee so another mug is never a bad thing even if it’s $30.
    • 10 posts
    September 18, 2019 7:57 PM PDT
    VR y’all are doing a great job. It’s easy to demand dates and want massive progress reports. Dropping unfinished programming on testers and the community will only hurt the game.

Everyone chill, this is one part of the process that you knew about when you signed up, this game may or may not happen. I’m more inclined to believe it will happen. VR has been very honest about every aspect of the game, who are we to call them into question after they have come so far!

And If VR is struggling they should just come out and say it. Tell us what the need is and let the community respond. I for one don’t know the need so I am fine to sit at my current pledge level. If you where to tell me step it up we need more funding then I would defiantly consider it.

Again, great job VR! And as for me, I love coffee so another mug is never a bad thing even if it’s $30.
    • 75 posts
    September 18, 2019 9:21 PM PDT

Grime said:

Roenick said:

Great newsletter and a day early, woot woot! Will for sure be doing my part and getting atleast a mug. Keep on putting one foot in front of the other and don’t let any of these nay-sayers get to you. They’re only gonna take the time post cry baby stuff to express their impatientence(seriously reflect posters, specially all you on reddit- you’re literally THAT kid in a toystore except these devs aren’t your parents), when a hard release bomb drops only a fraction take the time to express thier appreciation.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and maybe reddit really is that toxic but as for here on this post specifically I'm not sure where you are getting people are being cry babies or nay sayers. Just like you myself and everyone else has paid some monetary value to this game and are entitled to our opinion. Just because you dont agree with whats being said doesn't mean they are whining or don't understand how long development takes. Everyone has their own idea of when they would like to see something. 

That's no better than what you said and people turning around saying you are "White Knighting" VR and your expectations and willingness to buy a $30 mug is ridiculous and absurd. This is a chance for everyone to voice their opinion on the topic at hand and gives all other, developers included a chance to see what people have to say. You're taking what could be a nice debate and place to share ideas and turning it into something childish, making lines seem drawn when there are none and adding drama where it isn't needed. Save that for how you so put "reddit forums".

Don't demoralize and generalize what you think people will do when the game comes out because your so called "fraction" of people to come in and express their appreciation I would be willing to bet would be very surprising to you. (We'll see come release day and ill bookmark this post). I'm all for you being happy and supporting VR and this newsletter but dont deface the value of others opinions and make them seem like they aren't more then "cry babies". VR needs both sides of the fence to make a great game, not just everyone always saying "It'll come out when it comes out".

We can not see eye to eye and still agree this game will be great when it comes out. But it doesn't mean we have to be at "war" with eachother until it does.

• 125 posts
    September 18, 2019 10:21 PM PDT

OGTomkins said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and maybe reddit really is that toxic but as for here on this post specifically I'm not sure where you are getting people are being cry babies or nay sayers. Just like you myself and everyone else has paid some monetary value to this game and are entitled to our opinion. Just because you dont agree with whats being said doesn't mean they are whining or don't understand how long development takes. Everyone has their own idea of when they would like to see something. 

That's no better than what you said and people turning around saying you are "White Knighting" VR and your expectations and willingness to buy a $30 mug is ridiculous and absurd. This is a chance for everyone to voice their opinion on the topic at hand and gives all other, developers included a chance to see what people have to say. You're taking what could be a nice debate and place to share ideas and turning it into something childish, making lines seem drawn when there are none and adding drama where it isn't needed. Save that for how you so put "reddit forums".

Don't demoralize and generalize what you think people will do when the game comes out because your so called "fraction" of people to come in and express their appreciation I would be willing to bet would be very surprising to you. (We'll see come release day and ill bookmark this post). I'm all for you being happy and supporting VR and this newsletter but dont deface the value of others opinions and make them seem like they aren't more then "cry babies". VR needs both sides of the fence to make a great game, not just everyone always saying "It'll come out when it comes out".

We can not see eye to eye and still agree this game will be great when it comes out. But it doesn't mean we have to be at "war" with eachother until it does.

Im glad that we can see eye to eye about knowing that the game will be great when it comes out.

Can you reread that passive aggressive 3 paragraphs you wrote that are a direct attack on me and my character before you argue that I’m starting drama and dividing the community with my white knight-ness? Maybe send me a DM next time.

Its a technique you’re using to write, how you present your contradictive and hypocritical statements logically.

Look, all I was trying to say is you chose to financially support what you hope to be a masterpiece. It’s not yours, or any other supporters place(okay besides whoever got to design a dungeon) to criticize crowdfunding techniques or the quality of the newsletters.

If you’re going to complain about the lack of material in the newsletters or the quality of the crowdfunding you’re nothing different then a kid crying in a toy store.

The devs don’t owe use any newsletters, or any merch. So just be thankful you do get newsletters and merch, atleast on the forums that the devs all read throughly. *edit* Or keep it to yourself, atleast supporters get access to dev round tables and development newsletters- traditionally this is stuff reserved for VIP only supporters(not us).

Means must be made, with all projects if they’re going to see fruition; as a crowdfunder I don’t appreciate my peers negativly critisizing the content of the newsletter or the specifics of the crowdfunding techniques, most particularly on the official boards of whatever I’m crowdfunding. If any opinion open for discussion has merit, it’s that.

Also, I think the newsletter is a sufficient amount of material to hold me over till next month and I love the new character design on the merch, and if any of you devs are reading this: take as much time as you need for Project Faethale, it’s the foundation of your Masterpiece.

This post was edited by Grime at September 18, 2019 11:53 PM PDT