Forums » News and Announcements

GEAR UP! The Pantheon Store is Live!

    • 54 posts
    October 7, 2019 8:45 PM PDT

    I tried to go to the store to purchase a tshirt but got this message "

    This Shop is not active

    This Shop has not been activated. Please try again later."

    • 2501 posts
    October 8, 2019 6:31 AM PDT

    As per Brasse's October 2 post:

     

    "We are now temporarily taking the Pantheon Merch Store offline"

     

    Thanks for confirming that they did indeed do this. 

    • 606 posts
    October 8, 2019 1:26 PM PDT

    Brasse said:It appears that our Merch Store has also been in Pre-Alpha. We have received your comments and feedback, and we deeply appreciate it. We are now temporarily taking the Pantheon Merch Store offline while we rework our manufacturing choices and offerings to be more in line with what you want and at the level of quality you all expect from Pantheon.

     

    Don't feel bad.  Seriously.   My company is a large ~$400M manufacturing company and we had a merchanidise store, as well.  We went through 3 (or was it 4?) different providers becuase of quality, ddelivery, selection issues.   It's a difficult process to get a good merch store going.

     

     

    And, for what it's worth - the shirt I got from them is top notch - I love it, and my coffee mug is just as nice.   So, I had no complaints.

    • 1475 posts
    October 8, 2019 4:42 PM PDT

    Now wait a second!

    I was going to buy, - seriously! like on the weekend and then the shop shut down? hmm

    So- anyone got the Pre-nerf mugs? or Pre-Nerf T-Shirts with the print? I was sort of looking forward to collecting the prints as they came out.

    *sigh* someone is probably going to sell them in a tunnel at a Con for outrageous prices now, or even 5 years from now, I can just see it. Pre-Nerf Mugs for $1,000US. dang it- trying to haggle in CosPlay, hmph.

     

    • 61 posts
    October 9, 2019 5:05 PM PDT

    The closure is just temporary, correct?  Somehow I did not see this until today... late to the party I suppose.

    • 185 posts
    October 9, 2019 6:24 PM PDT

    Ordered the hoodie and it arrived today. Medium size, in black. Pretty pleased with how it looks and fits.

     

    • 60 posts
    October 10, 2019 11:41 AM PDT
    My wife and I got our hoodies and T-shirt’s before the store closed, but I forgot to order mugs!!!!

    Oh well. My dreams of owning a vintage Pantheon Mug have been dashed.
    • 126 posts
    October 10, 2019 4:38 PM PDT

    Therek said:

    Ordered the hoodie and it arrived today. Medium size, in black. Pretty pleased with how it looks and fits.

     

     

    Like the profile pic sporting the hoodie!!!

    • 126 posts
    October 10, 2019 4:39 PM PDT

    Manouk said:

    Now wait a second!

    I was going to buy, - seriously! like on the weekend and then the shop shut down? hmm

    So- anyone got the Pre-nerf mugs? or Pre-Nerf T-Shirts with the print? I was sort of looking forward to collecting the prints as they came out.

    *sigh* someone is probably going to sell them in a tunnel at a Con for outrageous prices now, or even 5 years from now, I can just see it. Pre-Nerf Mugs for $1,000US. dang it- trying to haggle in CosPlay, hmph.

     

    Have no fear. When we reopen the shop, you should still be able to get the Janis Sova shirt.

    • 126 posts
    October 10, 2019 4:40 PM PDT

    Olympeus said: My wife and I got our hoodies and T-shirt’s before the store closed, but I forgot to order mugs!!!! Oh well. My dreams of owning a vintage Pantheon Mug have been dashed.

     

    We are still working on a new solution. Mugs are still on the table

    • 466 posts
    October 10, 2019 4:51 PM PDT

    Artois said:

    Olympeus said: My wife and I got our hoodies and T-shirt’s before the store closed, but I forgot to order mugs!!!! Oh well. My dreams of owning a vintage Pantheon Mug have been dashed.

     

    We are still working on a new solution. Mugs are still on the table

    Well if they're not we're gonna need a mop and broom. =p

    • 1475 posts
    October 11, 2019 6:48 PM PDT

    *tap-tap-tap to get MMO business class attention* This is a microcosm of the kind of real life dynamic that develpers will run into with their target audience. The business model you have always heard is "the customer is always right" does anyone know what that really means? no, that is wrong, it does not mean that the customers opinion or thoughts are always right, it is not a statement about customer service, no. The statement is about customer buying habits, if you sell red bandanas and black bandanas and you run out of red bandanas, you don't continue to buy black bandanas because? the customer is always right. The customer wants red bandana's, the customer buys red bandanas. The customer is "right" in choosing red bandana's.

    With MMO's you are walking a fine line, because you are delivering a product to the customer service. Let me be clear. The customer wants a bandana. initially the customer doesnt care if its red or black. the MMO developer does a spanking job of making the best bandana there is and delivers it to the customer, this is what the customer wants, what they have always wanted. Once the customer gets the bandana, they wonder why it cant be a little red and a little black or a little more red than black or if they can choose if it can be red or black. From a MMO designer perspective, any one of these requests is- what?...anyone?... simple. Yes simple to execute but whats the problem? the problem is: everyone has the same bandana. You can change the bandana to suit any one individuals desires, but inso doing you inadvertently force that set of choices or- in the MMO parlance- force that Ruleset/gameplay mechanic on everyone that owns your bandana.

    That makes us question the business model- IS the customer always right? We have what the customer wants, we have the bandanas. The difficulty is to allow the customer to be pleased with the color we put on the bandana's, the joy is seeing the customer suddenly realize the bandana is never, ever only one color nor stays one color, and THAT is what we need to try to get the customer to sell themselves on. we cant sell that tothe customer because the customer will think we are selling the impossible and the customer is too smart for that. That is your assignment and

    Yes, we have MMO Bandana's   *collective groan* download your assignments before you leave, see you next time.

    • 21 posts
    October 18, 2019 1:50 PM PDT

    Thought I’d take a stab at a Dire Lord t-shirt concept for you guys. Whatcha think? If ya'll like it, what class would you like to see next?

    Dire Lord T-shirt Mock

    -crag

     

    • 172 posts
    October 18, 2019 5:45 PM PDT

    cragmcbeard said:

    Thought I’d take a stab at a Dire Lord t-shirt concept for you guys. Whatcha think? If ya'll like it, what class would you like to see next?

    Dire Lord T-shirt Mock

    -crag

     

     

    Looks sick, bud!

    • 126 posts
    October 22, 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    We are still working on a new solution for physical merchandise. There are a lot of business factors that go into this decision and we want to get this right, both for you and for us. 

    • 217 posts
    November 6, 2019 2:35 PM PST

     

    I bought a tshirt, cap, mug.  Quite happy overall. There should be a bigger mug though.

    • 126 posts
    November 6, 2019 9:44 PM PST

    Questaar said:

     

    I bought a tshirt, cap, mug.  Quite happy overall. There should be a bigger mug though.

     

    I know, right? That felt like a beginner's mug for us who need more caffeination...