Forums » News and Announcements

GEAR UP! The Pantheon Store is Live!

    • 126 posts
    September 23, 2019 5:23 PM PDT

    Grime said:

     

     

    Polo logo is not embroidered..its printed, atleast mine is. Print on tee is low quality compared to the high quality one shown on the website. 

    You know those 40$ band shirts are high quality screen prints and stuff most the time right?

    returning the 3 shirts, keeping the mug.

     

    Thanks for the feedback. We will be investigating with the vendor on why this wasn't embroidered. 

    • 107 posts
    September 23, 2019 8:13 PM PDT

    here’s the shirts, I can email hi res if you want.

    Artois said:

    Grime said:

     

     

    Polo logo is not embroidered..its printed, atleast mine is. Print on tee is low quality compared to the high quality one shown on the website. 

    You know those 40$ band shirts are high quality screen prints and stuff most the time right?

    returning the 3 shirts, keeping the mug.

     

    Thanks for the feedback. We will be investigating with the vendor on why this wasn't embroidered. 

    Thank you @Artois, 

    I don’t know what the quality of the proofs you got were to choose this vendor. However it’s asthough there is a white base that bled way over- also it’s as though the brightness and contrast have been turned all the way up- or the opacity of color was turned all the way down.

    I want to rep the game and tell people about it, I just don’t think anyone will say much cause its details are almost indecipherable at 3 feet.

    Will still be putting the monies into upgrading my pledge if your vendor returns the shirts- I already emailed them as well.


    This post was edited by Grime at September 23, 2019 8:16 PM PDT
    • 42 posts
    September 24, 2019 5:39 AM PDT

    Looks like the mugs are either a rare drop or the mob has a long respawn. 

    • 1180 posts
    September 24, 2019 6:40 AM PDT

    Thanks for posting that, Grime.  I agree with your comments regarding the brightness / contrast / opacity.  It makes the image look washed out, unsaturated, or both.
    Additionally, the Janis cape should be purple or violet, not pink. 
    Some of the cape is dark enough, it should blend ( a bit ) into the black background of the shirt, but obviously that's not happening, at the moment.

    • 107 posts
    September 24, 2019 7:25 AM PDT

    vjek said:

    Thanks for posting that, Grime.  I agree with your comments regarding the brightness / contrast / opacity.  It makes the image look washed out, unsaturated, or both.
    Additionally, the Janis cape should be purple or violet, not pink. 
    Some of the cape is dark enough, it should blend ( a bit ) into the black background of the shirt, but obviously that's not happening, at the moment.

    Most definitely,

    I‘m 100% glad VR made a cash shop with merch And outsourced its management- that way they can focus on development and have someone else printing/distributing swag that advertises the project every time a supporter wears the shirt out in public. They might even make enough to cover the coffee budget(another supporter did the math, it isn’t much).

    I don’t thing it needs to blend, it needs hard edges imo to have any sort of pop. The base is giving highlights where there shouldn’t be from bleeding and it’s putting a ‘shell’ on a highly detailed piece. If you have a cartoonish piece with hard black lines outlining it this sort of bright shell works well. Not so much with realism(borderline photo realism) pieces.

    Lets just keep in mind VR outsourced this so that they may concentrate on game development. I’m a little annoyed- however if I had a company who outsourced a product for my customers and whoever I outsourced to dropped the ball on my customers while carry my name I would be furious.

    • 107 posts
    September 25, 2019 9:36 AM PDT

    Spreadshirt has handled the situation with an exemplary display of customer service. There’s a hundred things that could have been the cause for my merch, it could have been as simple as the machine itself having technical toner/ink issues(anything with adhesive will gum up in random places, randomly). Regardless, I emailed them on Monday and they replied this morning completely resolving the issue and alleviating my dissatisfaction.


    This post was edited by Grime at September 25, 2019 9:38 AM PDT
    • 17 posts
    September 25, 2019 9:44 AM PDT

    I need a new coffee cup but i like the taller cups that hold more cofffee. Maybe in time there will be more options.

    • 126 posts
    September 25, 2019 1:48 PM PDT

    Grime said:

    Spreadshirt has handled the situation with an exemplary display of customer service. There’s a hundred things that could have been the cause for my merch, it could have been as simple as the machine itself having technical toner/ink issues(anything with adhesive will gum up in random places, randomly). Regardless, I emailed them on Monday and they replied this morning completely resolving the issue and alleviating my dissatisfaction.

    If you could, would you be able to provide me with the resolution? I am gathering information on how they interact with all of you. If you don't want to post on the forums, you can send it to me privately.

     

    Thanks

    • 49 posts
    September 25, 2019 6:37 PM PDT

    Artois said:

    Grime said:

    Spreadshirt has handled the situation with an exemplary display of customer service. There’s a hundred things that could have been the cause for my merch, it could have been as simple as the machine itself having technical toner/ink issues(anything with adhesive will gum up in random places, randomly). Regardless, I emailed them on Monday and they replied this morning completely resolving the issue and alleviating my dissatisfaction.

    If you could, would you be able to provide me with the resolution? I am gathering information on how they interact with all of you. If you don't want to post on the forums, you can send it to me privately.

     

    Thanks

    Mine came in looking washed out also. So I wasn't just your order. I thought that it gave him a more shadowy, ghostly appearence. What was your resolution? Are they going to change it out or is that the way that Janis is going to look from now on? Is VR going to need to change the in-game artwork to match the t-shirts? :-) 

    I have not contacted Spreadshirt, yet. I was just curious as to what options that I have. Or is Artois working on a solution?

    Also, if you look carefully at the product pictures none of the models are wearing Pantheon t-shirts. It has all been Photoshopped. For example, look at the male model with the Janis Sova t-shirt and the Pantheon Logo t-shirt. Same guy, his hair doesn't change between t-shirt colors nor between styles. And the wrinkles on the t-shirts are in exactly the same location for all of his t-shirts. So, obviously they didn't produce any shirts for their website. They are just having problems matching their manufacturing process to their computer graphic screens.

    • 71 posts
    September 26, 2019 6:44 AM PDT

    Laeril said:

    Artois said:

    Grime said:

    Spreadshirt has handled the situation with an exemplary display of customer service. There’s a hundred things that could have been the cause for my merch, it could have been as simple as the machine itself having technical toner/ink issues(anything with adhesive will gum up in random places, randomly). Regardless, I emailed them on Monday and they replied this morning completely resolving the issue and alleviating my dissatisfaction.

    If you could, would you be able to provide me with the resolution? I am gathering information on how they interact with all of you. If you don't want to post on the forums, you can send it to me privately.

     

    Thanks

    Mine came in looking washed out also. So I wasn't just your order. I thought that it gave him a more shadowy, ghostly appearence. What was your resolution? Are they going to change it out or is that the way that Janis is going to look from now on? Is VR going to need to change the in-game artwork to match the t-shirts? :-) 

    I have not contacted Spreadshirt, yet. I was just curious as to what options that I have. Or is Artois working on a solution?

    Also, if you look carefully at the product pictures none of the models are wearing Pantheon t-shirts. It has all been Photoshopped. For example, look at the male model with the Janis Sova t-shirt and the Pantheon Logo t-shirt. Same guy, his hair doesn't change between t-shirt colors nor between styles. And the wrinkles on the t-shirts are in exactly the same location for all of his t-shirts. So, obviously they didn't produce any shirts for their website. They are just having problems matching their manufacturing process to their computer graphic screens.

     

    Soooo 2 for 2 on shirts...is this company actually fixing the issue or are they just falsly advertising their product? Looking back at the photos and I do now see the photoshop on those shirts lol...Interesting. I would say you get what you pay for but if you guys are spending that much on shirts and thats the quality they are going to provide, I'd close up shop with those guys VR and find a better company to go through. That or invest in your own label machine and make them in house and control it all yourself. You'd probably find tons of people who would love to make shirt prints and mug prints all day long! Can even get more creative and do Pantheon lanyards etc etc.

    Otherwise try contacting Merchology.com and working something out with them. Have only had great experiences with them both personal and business side.

    Good luck guys hope you get your money back or they fix the issue and give you what they are advertising, more importantly keeping a good reputation for the name of VR. 

    • 107 posts
    September 27, 2019 10:19 PM PDT
    OGTomkins: i have already been refunded and the merch is still in its bag on my corner table waiting for the manufacturer to give me a return # or email me a shipping tag. Could easily take advantage of the situation as bad as you’re insinuating the 3rd party is but I won’t. The world isn’t as bad as you perceive the it to be. At least not around these parts.
    • 107 posts
    September 27, 2019 10:29 PM PDT

    Also, if we’re pitching printers to VR:

    http://shakershirts.com (local to CA too!) For real quality screen printing. They may only do a couple handfuls of colors pr project but rendering to simplify color palet is nothing compared to real hard edges that real screen printing produces.

    for anything else: 

    https://www.techniprintaz.com Been a customer for over two decades and will be for many more.

     


    This post was edited by Grime at September 27, 2019 11:15 PM PDT
    • 107 posts
    September 27, 2019 11:13 PM PDT

    This is a double post.

    Double posted trying to edit, AGAIN! I apologie, many apologizeezies. Please whoever deletes this know that I know I do it almost every time I post, I’m sorry. Thank you for cleaning up my double posting mess. Just moving between mediums you get mixed up where the buttons are. You got edit on the left and they got it on the right. Im not trying to say one is the correct way and the other isn’t: because I honestly can’t tell because it’s so inconsistent from forum to forum. All I’m trying to say is I need to be more diligent with what the layout is of where I‘m at. It’s not you, it’s definitely me. Thank you for putting up with it.
    This post was edited by Grime at September 27, 2019 11:27 PM PDT

    • 55 posts
    September 28, 2019 5:42 AM PDT

    I'll add a few notes as well, if only to confirm what others have written:

    • Polo shirt: logo is printed not stitched. Pictures on the website make it look more like a golf shirt (i.e. tight weave, and a sheen to the appearance). It's actually a low-quality heavy thread shirt.
    • Hat: logo is tiny and printed. Structure is very odd, with hard-backing inside causing buldges on the sides.
    • Pantheon T-Shirt: this one is pretty good. Material is soft. Print looks good with no bleeding.
    • Beanie: Pretty comfortable. Print is single-color (as advertised), which doesn't translate as well.
    • Backpack: Not actually a laptop bag, as described. While the back is padded, the main section is just a big open area like a normal backpack. Actual laptop bags usually have some area to keep a computer from moving around. Headphone port setup is odd also: you route headphones from front pocket into the main storage area and then outside.

    I don't think anything I bought was falsely advertised, so I won't return anything. That said, I probably won't get much use out of anything but the t-shirt. In retrospect, it probably would have been better to just pledge another $50 and avoid the merch altogether.

    None of this impacts my view of, or support for, VR and Pantheon in any way. If you find a better vendor, or if this vendor offers better quality items with better executed finishing, I'll happily pick up some more stuff.

    • 126 posts
    September 30, 2019 3:32 PM PDT

    Thanks all for the feedback. We continue to work on a resolution that will resolve these issues.

     

    • 325 posts
    September 30, 2019 9:44 PM PDT

    My Janis shirt is the black one and it looks super faded just like Grimes.  its a fruit of the loom T shirt with a pretty bad iron on.

    /shrug i really just bought it to support the game. too bad it's so bad or i would have bought more.  As it stands, i gave Pantheon a bit of cash and my cat has a new bed she'll likely puke on. 

     

    Maybe check into Teespring? I got a few shirts from them and they seem way higher in quality. 

    • 172 posts
    September 30, 2019 9:45 PM PDT

    Pretty damned excited for Panth Merch. Woot!

    • 25 posts
    October 1, 2019 1:14 AM PDT

    Flapp said:

    My Janis shirt is the black one and it looks super faded just like Grimes.  its a fruit of the loom T shirt with a pretty bad iron on.

    /shrug i really just bought it to support the game. too bad it's so bad or i would have bought more.  As it stands, i gave Pantheon a bit of cash and my cat has a new bed she'll likely puke on. 

     

    Maybe check into Teespring? I got a few shirts from them and they seem way higher in quality. 

     

    I also got the Janis shirt in black and was sadly disappointed. You could barely make out that Janis was on the shirt.

    At least people can see the Pantheon logo. LOL

     

    Edit: Oddly my shirt looked nothing like in Grime's photo. I would have been happy to have the Janis show up like his; my Janis basically blends in with the shirt entirely.

    Even the tag on the shirt is different than his.


    This post was edited by Pierce at October 1, 2019 1:20 AM PDT
    • 71 posts
    October 1, 2019 8:26 AM PDT

    Well I was going to suck it up and say maybe I was being to harsh about the merch store, but reading all this think I'll hold off for a while. Telling ya VR, spend the $8k and get an in home label printer and embroidery machine. Save ya some cash in the long run especially if Pantheon takes off. Just hire someone to make your merch. I'll do it, heck, probably anyone in this forum will do it. Get more customizable option and the satisfaction guarenteed to your customers and yourselves knowing it's being done correctly. =)

    • 2506 posts
    October 2, 2019 6:11 AM PDT

    I usually try to put a positive spin on things. Shameless fanboi here. Easy enough to do in this thread.

    We now know, beyond any possible doubt or debate, that VR is not very clothes minded. 

    Haven't we been asking for years for them to be open minded whenever we make a suggestion?

    • 38 posts
    October 2, 2019 1:24 PM PDT

    Fantheons,
    It appears that our Merch Store has also been in Pre-Alpha. We have received your comments and feedback, and we deeply appreciate it. We are now temporarily taking the Pantheon Merch Store offline while we rework our manufacturing choices and offerings to be more in line with what you want and at the level of quality you all expect from Pantheon.

    We'll be back, better than ever, and we couldn't do this without you.
    Watch for future announcements and your next chance to score Pantheon crowdfunding swag!
    ~The Pantheon Team

    • 4 posts
    October 2, 2019 1:38 PM PDT

    Brasse said:

    Fantheons,
    It appears that our Merch Store has also been in Pre-Alpha. We have received your comments and feedback, and we deeply appreciate it. We are now temporarily taking the Pantheon Merch Store offline while we rework our manufacturing choices and offerings to be more in line with what you want and at the level of quality you all expect from Pantheon.

    We'll be back, better than ever, and we couldn't do this without you.
    Watch for future announcements and your next chance to score Pantheon crowdfunding swag!
    ~The Pantheon Team

     

    Thanks for the update!  

     

    I just received my t-shirt and like others that posted earlier the image seemed washed out on the shirt.  

    • 46 posts
    October 2, 2019 1:40 PM PDT

    I'd be into the pink/white VR logo on a black trucker hat.  

    • 325 posts
    October 2, 2019 11:20 PM PDT

    Good plan. Knowing the next round will be a higher quality, I will have no problem spending more in the future. 

    Thanks for update. 

    PS: will you please start over with Janis again when the fixed version comes out? I am keeping the one I bought, but I really would like a new one.

     

    ya know, cloth map would likely sell Very well (after Map update)  ... jus sayin

    • 172 posts
    October 7, 2019 8:07 PM PDT

    @Brasse

     

    Yes! looking forward to that embroidered polo.