Forums » Support

How can I download the alpha/beta

    • 5 posts
    September 6, 2019 5:14 AM PDT

    I’m paid for the alpha and beta phase.  How do I download the game for it?

    • 614 posts
    September 6, 2019 5:19 AM PDT
    Probably get an email when the time comes for alpha/beta. Patience young padawan
    • 5 posts
    September 6, 2019 5:30 AM PDT

    I’m not sure how to take that...

    but anyway...  I’ve seen the game is in Alpha which I should have access too.

    so do I or should I?

    • 5 posts
    September 6, 2019 5:41 AM PDT

    Is it still pre alpha Or alpha?

    • 15 posts
    September 6, 2019 5:42 AM PDT

    Phonics said:

    Is it still pre alpha Or alpha?

    The game is between pre-alpha phases.

    • 5 posts
    September 6, 2019 5:52 AM PDT

    How close?  If I upgrade to pre alpha level and y’all change to alpha can we work something out?

    • 5 posts
    September 6, 2019 5:59 AM PDT

    If y’all are going alpha soon it doesn’t makes sense to upgrade now.  It’s $700 to upgrade.

    • 362 posts
    September 6, 2019 6:18 AM PDT

    Phonics. The game is in Pre-Alpha 5 currently in the implementation phase. That means there is a testing/feedback phase coming up where Pre-Alpha (VIP) players may play during that segment. If you upgraded now, there is a possibility you would get to test the game in this upcoming PA5 testing/feedback phase but I don't know enough about the particulars to say for certain. They have said there is a possibility of a PA6 as a final segment but that's a big 'IF'. If they don't and move onto Alpha, that would mean Champions are included.

    Keep in mind, testing/feedback is only for a few weeks per segment. That means for instance, they will spend 4-5 months developing and implementing content, then test it with players of that pledge level for a few weeks. Then after, they move to development and implementation of the next segment.

    • 2506 posts
    September 6, 2019 8:19 AM PDT

    I would have said - step one, invent a time machine and set it for 6 months into the future. Step two, activate machine. Step three - chenck the forums you may need another three months - I sure hope you didn't create a single-use machine. This for alpha not beta which will come significantly later.

    Obviously I am guessing - as many of us have - and all my previous guesses have been wrong. 

    Janus' answer is a better one - we are simply not up to alpha and there is no schedule for when we will get there. Even VR may not have a schedule though they, even more than we, want alpha to be as soon as possible and with the game in as good a shape as possible. Two self-evidently contrary objectives.

    • 1009 posts
    September 6, 2019 8:28 AM PDT

    I haven't seen anywhere that they said anything about PA6 as a "Final Segment"

    We need to be careful of misinterpretation of what they say, it makes them look bad and less likely to tell us anything more in the future.

    Yes the game is still in Pre-Alpha. Not "between" anything.

    There WILL be a pre-alpha 5 as soon a project Farethale is ready.

    To quote directly from the august newsletter found HERE

    After Pre-Alpha 5, additional Pre-Alpha events may need to be scheduled as we discover new issues and features that need to be addressed; this is something that we simply cannot predict and we will announce any additional testing well in advance. We are aiming to get the rest of the data we need with PA5, but there remains a possibility that we may need to extend it. Again, in a traditional, closed studio, no one would get insight into this process at all; we’re laying it all out on the line for you.

    Once our Testers inform us that we are in a solid state to move forward, we will schedule Alpha itself—not a minute sooner. We have made a commitment to quality, and we’re sticking to it.

    I see absolutely nothing in there saying PA6, PA7 or even PA8 or 9 would be a "Final Segment"

    @OP, I'd recommend reading the newsletter. Then you will have first hand info the rest of us have.

    • 1 posts
    September 6, 2019 1:21 PM PDT

    The Game looks out of date graphics... they make themselves look bad by not putting game out.... the dont want to say when it will release or give any info that is ... FAQ??? no the biggest question i have seen is when will it release... not even there the FAQ is a joke .... I would sign up for pre alpha but if they release in 1 month kind of a waste but id pay if it was a release to alpha in 6 months worth it... but no info... here a an FAQ---By the time you actually release the game will other games with better mechanics , graphics, and over all gameplay have been released? We ALL are/were exited at news of this new MMO. However we ALL are slowly losing faith and steam in our drive to hold out for your game, may have to move on to bigger and better things


    This post was edited by Suagnam at September 6, 2019 1:21 PM PDT
    • 2462 posts
    September 6, 2019 1:41 PM PDT

    Suagnam said:

    The Game looks out of date graphics... they make themselves look bad by not putting game out.... the dont want to say when it will release or give any info that is ... FAQ??? no the biggest question i have seen is when will it release... not even there the FAQ is a joke .... I would sign up for pre alpha but if they release in 1 month kind of a waste but id pay if it was a release to alpha in 6 months worth it... but no info... here a an FAQ---By the time you actually release the game will other games with better mechanics , graphics, and over all gameplay have been released? We ALL are/were exited at news of this new MMO. However we ALL are slowly losing faith and steam in our drive to hold out for your game, may have to move on to bigger and better things

    Pretty solid first post written like a last post.


    This post was edited by Iksar at September 6, 2019 1:41 PM PDT
    • 325 posts
    September 6, 2019 1:43 PM PDT

    This game is no where near Alpha or Beta. You will likely need to wait a full year or maybe longer for Alpha ( my guess based on the current pace of things )

    The graphics are Pre alpha. If you are going to give VR money, shouldn't you at least do a littel research like Reading all the newsletters. Maybe dig around in forums some. Maybe watch a few of the YouTube videos that have released showing the game. 

    it amazes me how people just sign up after reading the name and knowing literally nothing about what they just gave money for.  Please keep doing that. Give VR money. but don't come in crying that you have to wait a year or two for alpha/beta. 

    Suagnam, they aren't going to put the release date in FAQ because it's still in PRE ALPHA and may be in PRE ALPHA for another year. could be even more than a year. They don't know when they game is going to release. They will release it, when it's Done and not one minute before. a Full retail launch is likely 3 years from now. 


    This post was edited by Flapp at September 6, 2019 1:46 PM PDT
    • 362 posts
    September 6, 2019 2:11 PM PDT

    Zorkon said:

    I haven't seen anywhere that they said anything about PA6 as a "Final Segment"

    We need to be careful of misinterpretation of what they say, it makes them look bad and less likely to tell us anything more in the future.

    Yes the game is still in Pre-Alpha. Not "between" anything.

    There WILL be a pre-alpha 5 as soon a project Farethale is ready.

    Yeah, I should have been careful on saying 'final' as they merely hinted at a possibility of an addtional PA phase and not that it was definitively the last one. As for where they're at though, they are currently in PA5 but it's the implementing phase where the testing/feedback comes after to test that content introduced. PA5 content implementation began around January which likely includes Project Faerthale. If they decide on additional content implementation after the PA5 testing/feedback session (here soon hopefully) it would essentially be the beginning of PA6.


    This post was edited by Janus at September 6, 2019 2:12 PM PDT
    • 194 posts
    September 6, 2019 3:04 PM PDT

    An important bit nobody has mentioned yet is that you're not paying to play the game when you pledge.  You're giving the developers money to help bring a game you believe in to market.  If you donate enough then you get perks like being able to play in the beta, alpha or even pre-alpha stages.  As soon as you start thinking that you're buying something you're deluding yourself.  $700 is not a waste of money "because pre-alpha is almost over"; It's a donation to the dev team to help them build the best possible game they can.

    Pledge what you're willing to give and wait with the rest of us, wishing, hoping and nail-biting on these forums.  If the opportunity to get into the game presents itself while you're waiting, well, that's just icing on the cake.

    • 122 posts
    September 6, 2019 6:13 PM PDT

    lol ... this reminds me of the "Burned Woods" EQ story.

    • 10 posts
    September 6, 2019 6:15 PM PDT

    Akilae said:

    An important bit nobody has mentioned yet is that you're not paying to play the game when you pledge.  You're giving the developers money to help bring a game you believe in to market.  If you donate enough then you get perks like being able to play in the beta, alpha or even pre-alpha stages.  As soon as you start thinking that you're buying something you're deluding yourself.  $700 is not a waste of money "because pre-alpha is almost over"; It's a donation to the dev team to help them build the best possible game they can.

    Pledge what you're willing to give and wait with the rest of us, wishing, hoping and nail-biting on these forums.  If the opportunity to get into the game presents itself while you're waiting, well, that's just icing on the cake.

     

    Well said

    • 362 posts
    September 6, 2019 7:42 PM PDT

    valhalla said:

    lol ... this reminds me of the "Burned Woods" EQ story.

    For those curious as to the story. I used the uncensored version and color coded the individuals so it's easier to follow along.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i4cfKWuKoYg6OKA57Tz1zTE_bxRcjOJ1rwmGvFoxCUo/edit?usp=sharing

    • 162 posts
    September 7, 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    Suagnam said:

    The Game looks out of date graphics... they make themselves look bad by not putting game out.... the dont want to say when it will release or give any info that is ... FAQ??? no the biggest question i have seen is when will it release... not even there the FAQ is a joke .... I would sign up for pre alpha but if they release in 1 month kind of a waste but id pay if it was a release to alpha in 6 months worth it... but no info... here a an FAQ---By the time you actually release the game will other games with better mechanics , graphics, and over all gameplay have been released? We ALL are/were exited at news of this new MMO. However we ALL are slowly losing faith and steam in our drive to hold out for your game, may have to move on to bigger and better things

     

    Not ALL of us are losing faith. I for one understand that mmo's take time to develop. 

    • 1009 posts
    September 7, 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    arazons said:

    Suagnam said:

    The Game looks out of date graphics... they make themselves look bad by not putting game out.... the dont want to say when it will release or give any info that is ... FAQ??? no the biggest question i have seen is when will it release... not even there the FAQ is a joke .... I would sign up for pre alpha but if they release in 1 month kind of a waste but id pay if it was a release to alpha in 6 months worth it... but no info... here a an FAQ---By the time you actually release the game will other games with better mechanics , graphics, and over all gameplay have been released? We ALL are/were exited at news of this new MMO. However we ALL are slowly losing faith and steam in our drive to hold out for your game, may have to move on to bigger and better things

     

    Not ALL of us are losing faith. I for one understand that mmo's take time to develop. 

    Same, I find it rather annoying when somebody tries to speak for me. Even more so when they are wrong.

    Stay the course VR. things are looking great.

    • 8 posts
    September 7, 2019 8:39 PM PDT

    Janus said:

    valhalla said:

    lol ... this reminds me of the "Burned Woods" EQ story.

    For those curious as to the story. I used the uncensored version and color coded the individuals so it's easier to follow along.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i4cfKWuKoYg6OKA57Tz1zTE_bxRcjOJ1rwmGvFoxCUo/edit?usp=sharing

     

    OMG! Was this from an old EQ Comic back in the day? I forgot what the comic was called. But there was this segment just like this about a fantastically retarded gnome necro named SkaterGnome or something... Brings me back man...