Forums » Pantheon Races

non-humanoids as playable races?

• 71 posts
    September 4, 2019 8:34 PM PDT

I understand the appeal of playing as a humanoid race in video games but over the years i've grown rather tired of only seeing Humanoid races as a playable character in video games. So, I'm here to request if it'll be possible to play as a non-humanoid species. For instance playing as a Slime, Centaur, or even a Floating head? So far most of the races we have are just your standard 2 arms and 2 legs species with the exceptions to that being Dark Myr (since they turn into a mermaid but only in water) and Gnomes (since from what i've read don't technically have a body) but since they've still have that humanoid silhouette on land they still fall into that category of being a humanoid species, at least for me they do. 

Would it be possible to add in non-humanoid races in the future? or are we strictly sticking to the 2 arms and 2 legs races? I'd be disappointed abit if that's the case. 

• 1399 posts
    October 2, 2019 9:39 PM PDT

I've never seen this exact question addressed, but I personally am of the opposite opinion. I hope they never do something like that. But that's just my opinion, I also don't like Frog, Cat, or Dog type races (still 2 hands 2 feet)

I HAVE heard something official (from Brad) about those. I believe he is not against them "if done right" and I don't recall him elaborating on what "if done right" was.

I would think the same responce could apply to your suggestion. Anything is possible.

• 520 posts
    October 8, 2019 6:12 PM PDT

Personally I'd rather have more "humanoid" races to choose from, though I'm not against non-humanoid ones. I do hope that I'll be able to make Necromancer Skellie!