Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Never Everquest Server Nov 9th

• 11 posts
    September 3, 2019 7:03 AM PDT

Just giving everyone a heads up on the EQ new announcement.  To celebrate EQ2, the Original Everquest is launching a new server with a different take.  You will start off at level 85 via a heroic character and the server will start at the House of Thule expansion.  Everyone will start at the same point.  I am going to use this server as timesink before Panthoen.  I have played the the first 10-15 expansions atleast 4 times but never found a guild that continued to the last 8+ expansions because they all fizzled out.  I've always wanted to see the entire game and their expansions but can only find guilds where you have a ton of catch up to do.  Starting on a server where everyone starts at the same point seems like a perfect server for me.

They modernized EQ during these expansions and I think it will be a good time sink before Pantheon Alpha comes out.  Just wanted to inform people about it.  Sure a lot of you are playing WoW classic but sadly not the game for me.  Can't wait for Pantheon..I need an old school MMO in my life.

*Meant Newer...spell check fail*

This post was edited by Pending at September 3, 2019 3:21 PM PDT
    • 844 posts
    September 3, 2019 2:06 PM PDT

EQ2 and Original EQ.

Two entirely different games, made by different development groups. Why do people continue to conflate them?

• 11 posts
    September 3, 2019 3:28 PM PDT

Was that for me?  I'm not getting it confused.  Everquest 2 is having their 15th anniversary and to celebrate, EVERQUEST 1 is going to celebrate with them by opening a new server.  Both games are owned by Daybreak games but yes they were developed by two different companies...especially since Verant was the original developer before Sony bought them out but none of that matters or has any bearing on my original post.  

Still applies thou, if anyone has wanted to go back and try the new expansions they never experiences because WoW, Aion, Tera, DDo ect drew you away..but now that the MMO market is in a holding pattern for new content, now is a good time to self inject yourself with new content from an old classic.

• 316 posts
    September 8, 2019 6:10 PM PDT
    Thanks for the info!