Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

September Stream

• 19 posts
    August 14, 2019 6:55 PM PDT

The entire Visionary Realms team is on fire.  Last time we asked for a stream VR delivered hard.  Alpha is coming soon and yet we wonder if Brad has made the call to launch with Bard and Necro.  Everybody loves Cohh right?..How can you not.  Will we get to see one of the Dev's drop a random pre alpha player in a duel request in the next stream?  Who knows???

• 2419 posts
    August 14, 2019 7:18 PM PDT

SSgt said:

Everybody loves Cohh right?..How can you not.

Speak for yourself.  Plenty of us cannot stand him.

• 19 posts
    August 14, 2019 7:31 PM PDT

You are telling me to speak for myself yet you say "Plenty of us cannot stand him".  Who is backing you on this claim?

• 1714 posts
    August 14, 2019 8:14 PM PDT

Drunk posting rules!

• 430 posts
    August 14, 2019 8:23 PM PDT

I enjoy cohh's streams , but I laughed my ass off when I watched Jim Lee's ..

Any stream is a good one :)

• 3852 posts
    August 15, 2019 7:17 AM PDT

Alpha is coming soon? Is that a hope or is it based on actual information? Gods grant that it may be so!

• 844 posts
    August 15, 2019 7:30 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

SSgt said:

It is inherantly understandable that all streamers will have those that don't care for them.

Cohh simply provides the best technical stream, imo. And seems to have the most legitimate history going back to EQ1 as a child. Zero of the other streamers have that.

No other streamer has those critical parts for their presentation.

Cohh stays out of the way of showing off the progress, and doesn't spend important screen space covered with overlays. He also suspends popups and other notifications where others had their popups runnings, and were reacting to chat posts and talking over more interesting game development discussion.

I'm not a Cohh fam. I don't follow him, I don't watch his streams. But I appreciate his professionalism and seemingly legit passion for EQ1.

PS. And no Dorotea, apha will not be in 2019.

This post was edited by zewtastic at August 15, 2019 7:32 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    August 15, 2019 7:41 AM PDT

PS. And no Dorotea, apha will not be in 2019.))

Alas the letdown (sobs uncontrollably). Never thought it would be.

• 1019 posts
    August 15, 2019 8:44 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

SSgt said:

He's not overly annoying IMO.  Plus he seems to know what to do while in the game.  And he's, for the most part, quite.  

• 2138 posts
    August 15, 2019 8:57 AM PDT

iirc when cohh is allowed to stream for pantheon he does so on his own time. No sponsors, no ads and any support on his side is voluntary.

He talks mostly at the Devs during those streams, and I think he lets VR do the chat modding on his  twitch to field questions from the crowd. Otherwie, he doesn't interact with the populous at all, just plays and asks what he wants to ask.

• 379 posts
    August 15, 2019 9:15 PM PDT

I just want an actual good player(s) in the streams.

• 145 posts
    August 15, 2019 10:29 PM PDT

I don't mind him. He makes some weird faces while devs are talking and he acts like a little kid in a candy store. I would to if I got the chance to play this game that early on with those guys. Would be like a gaming bucket list kind of thing. 

He must be doing something right, the guy gets to sit around playing games all day and gets paid to do it. I envy that.

• 346 posts
    August 16, 2019 6:53 AM PDT

Moloka said: "I don't mind him. He makes some weird faces while devs are talking and he acts like a little kid in a candy store."

I don't watch him other than for Pantheon content but his faces are likened to emoticons. Even if I don't really watch any streamers in general, I personally like it as the expression can be good for a streamer. This is important because if that streamer isn't the reason for the stream, than why be visible in the corner of the screen? An old reference, but his reactions reminds me of old 16-bit SNES RPGs when sprites (2D models) would express by doing what would today be considered an emoticon expression. I liken him to Final Fantasy 4 Cid doing his expressions.

This post was edited by Janus at August 16, 2019 6:54 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    August 16, 2019 2:32 PM PDT

I'm happy waiting for a stream that has new content. Really don't need to see the same stuff again.

But if they are looking for stream ideas for older content, one that that might be neat is if someone could run around some of the zones that we've seen in the past but show us more of the areas. I Just like watching that stuff. It could even be outdoor areas of the zones we've already been to but just different parts.

There were a lot of zones we've seen in 2016/17 era that I don't know if even exist anymore or are just different parts of the zones we are still seeing. Would be neat ot catch up.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at August 16, 2019 2:39 PM PDT
    • 470 posts
    August 16, 2019 6:05 PM PDT

dorotea said:

Alpha is coming soon? Is that a hope or is it based on actual information? Gods grant that it may be so!

It's a good question. But it's gotta be getting close. Pre-alpha will officially hit year 2 on December 13th if it's still ongoing by then. So one has to think that they have to be about ready to make the jump to the next phase of testing. Maybe we'll get some official info one way or the other soon...ish. In the meantime, a new stream would be nice, especially if we can get one with some new stuff.

This post was edited by Kratuk at August 16, 2019 6:05 PM PDT
    • 287 posts
    August 16, 2019 7:24 PM PDT
    I enjoy coh's enthusiasm for pantheon. Not seeing alpha until 2020.
    • 23 posts
    August 16, 2019 10:55 PM PDT

I don't know know Cohh from anywhere other than Pantheon, but I've enjoyed watching his stream because, well, I get to see the game! :D

And I also agree that alpha is likely not til 2020. My theory is after Faerthale (hopefully) comes out this fall, then there will be one more pre-alpha phase, followed finally by alpha next year. Athough, really, in my head I think of that as "soon" relative to how long the wait's been so far. What's a few more months, right? ;)

• 7 posts
    August 17, 2019 3:13 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

SSgt said:

Yeah? Cohh is honest and forthcoming in all of the streams I have seen. Not sure why you would choose to call him out here like this. Subscribe to his channel and let him know how you truly feel, instead of cowarding out in an embedded post.

• 627 posts
    August 17, 2019 9:16 AM PDT
    I too like Cohhs Pantheon streams. I though he did the "Best" of them all, i also liked Hivemind stream.

In general when ur invited to stream a game like Pantheon with the Deva them selfs. I appriciate when the streamer shows, skill tooltip, give the Deva space to talk, and that the streamer "job" right now is to show their game, and not just play test it.

In regards to these things Cohh did 10/10
    Some of the other streamer did not to the same degree, in my opinion.
    • 947 posts
    August 17, 2019 10:45 AM PDT

Kratuk said:

dorotea said:

It's a good question. But it's gotta be getting close. Pre-alpha will officially hit year 2 on December 13th if it's still ongoing by then. So one has to think that they have to be about ready to make the jump to the next phase of testing. Maybe we'll get some official info one way or the other soon...ish. In the meantime, a new stream would be nice, especially if we can get one with some new stuff.

Alpha doesn't have to be close, we likely have at least another year of Pre-Alpha at the rate they are developing content.  Its safe to assume Alpha won't be available until they have the starting areas flushed out along with the the races and classes that are expected at launch.  Alpha players won't be held to the same EULA as the Pre-Alpha testers and there will be way too much YouTube posting of crazy bugs and crashes giving the public the wrong impression of the game if they opened Alpha access too soon.  They are doing streams with people like Cohh to keep comentary and content revealed regulated, which is a smart move.

I enjoy Cohh's PRotF streams because of his MMO experience - although he is often distracted by trying to multi-task on his followers questions, the devs comments, trying to understand a fairly new class (to him) and his own commentary, he does a decent job at showcasing the classes he plays as well as the topic the devs want to preview/discuss (considering the amount of multitasking he is doing).

This post was edited by Darch at August 17, 2019 10:48 AM PDT
    • 2037 posts
    August 17, 2019 2:54 PM PDT

Darch said:

Alpha doesn't have to be close, we likely have at least another year of Pre-Alpha at the rate they are developing content.  Its safe to assume Alpha won't be available until they have the starting areas flushed out along with the the races and classes that are expected at launch.  Alpha players won't be held to the same EULA as the Pre-Alpha testers and there will be way too much YouTube posting of crazy bugs and crashes giving the public the wrong impression of the game if they opened Alpha access too soon.  They are doing streams with people like Cohh to keep comentary and content revealed regulated, which is a smart move.

It makes a ton of sense that VR would wish to have at least the starting zone for every starting race up and running before they start Alpha. Considering that they haven't even released a map of the southern continent, getting all the starting zones finished could certainly take a while.

Given that they aren't making Alpha into an "advance play" deal, why do you think the NDA for it will be less restrictive than for Pre-Alpha?

I wasn't sure about Cohh when I watched his first stream, but I've liked him more with each subsequent stream that I've seen.

• 23 posts
    August 17, 2019 6:47 PM PDT

From what I've seen I doubt that they are planning to have every starting zone ready by Alpha. By Beta is much more likely, but they originally said that they were going to start Alpha with the continent of Kingsreach finished, which would include only 3 of the 9 starting zones, as the rest are on the other two continents. Later, after they delayed Alpha to focus on art and polish for Faerthale, they said that might not still be the case, so it's possible that there isn't even going to be a single complete continent, but what is there will be closer to launch quality. Their main priority seems to be having all of the core gameplay systems in by Alpha, and also to refine the creation pipeline so releasing future areas after Faerthale will hopefully go faster.

• 20 posts
    August 18, 2019 11:47 AM PDT

A stream in September would be fantastic!  Regardless, I hope there is some juicy news coming soon.. It feels like we haven't had anything new in a long time and Im excited to see at least a small part of what they've been working on with Faerthale.

Maybe they could do another streamer pass where they took several streamers through similar content.

• 57 posts
    August 18, 2019 11:58 AM PDT

I am pretty certain that we won't get another stream until PF is ready to be shown.  Hopefully, that is soon(tm)... but I am thinking it will be more towards the holiday season. 

• 346 posts
    August 19, 2019 12:10 PM PDT

@Darch

Alpha at the minimal is said to be Kingsreach. There's absolutely no way they are extending Alpha for after the creation of the entirety of all three continents or even all the newbie zones in each. What's more likely is we all start in PF which changes by Beta once the continents are completed and fleshed out.

This post was edited by Janus at August 19, 2019 12:11 PM PDT