Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

FACEBOOK

• 52 posts
    August 14, 2019 11:00 AM PDT

Just wanted to say I am enjoying the discussions on Facebook some are pretty lively without too many trolls.  I hope VR read through them as there have been some great ideas put forth and discussed.

Cheers.

• 200 posts
    August 14, 2019 11:21 AM PDT

Albe said:

Just wanted to say I am enjoying the discussions on Facebook some are pretty lively without too many trolls.  I hope VR read through them as there have been some great ideas put forth and discussed.

Cheers.

i deleted fb... care to share any highlights?

• 1428 posts
    August 14, 2019 12:04 PM PDT

WarKnight said:

Albe said:

Cheers.

fb is a trap.  they should have done it on discord.

• 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:22 PM PDT

Seriously , what was it ? I don't do facebook or any social site . I look for it on PROTF's site to see what's new or read about thier info updates ... Personaly it should be on THEIR FORUMS first ..

ps .. Honestly I am not sure why everything is first posted on facebook,twitter , whatnot .. before the orignal site ????? first and foremost anyone who wants to know about the game most certainly will type into google or whatever search engine they use . Pantheon rise of the fallen first ...which in turn should show PROTF first .. why give facebook twitter your first response ?  is this not your site to get info ?

This post was edited by Shea at August 14, 2019 7:19 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:33 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

WarKnight said:

Albe said:

Cheers.

No, it should be done on these forums and this website first.  FB can go F itself.

• 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:35 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

stellarmind said:

WarKnight said:

Albe said:

Cheers.

No, it should be done on these forums and this website first.  FB can go F itself.

KUDO'S my sentiments exactly :)

• 46 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:37 PM PDT

@Shea I can't speak for Albe, but I assume he is refering to the questions posted by Kilsin. I've noticed Kilsin usually posts the exact same question to both FB and the Forums, so I assume he is also posting them over most of the common social medias to try and extentd the reach of Pantheon and get new people exposed and hopefully join the cause.

• 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:44 PM PDT

Well In my expierence I notice that any info related to PROTF Tends to be broadcasted on many other sites prior to PROTF . 

If this is your site your business then it should first be posted here .. to include the questions the info and anything inbetween .. anyone who read anything will see the name Pantheon Rise Of The Fallen .. first thing most do is type into their search engine that name ..Should not all info come from them first ? 

Edit : if i want correct accurate info . i dont rely on social media as my go to place .. I go to the sourse the site where it should come from .. Hey  No idea what was posted on FB nor do i care :)

This post was edited by Shea at August 14, 2019 7:19 PM PDT
    • 1120 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:48 PM PDT

They arent posting game breaking news on Facebook.  If people want to have conversations about the game on Facebook, who cares.  People come here all the time and start posts based upon conversations they have in discord.  Not everyone uses discord, but you dont see people complaining about this.

I understand alot of people despise social media... but it's by far the most effective form of free marketing for the game.  Relax.

• 1120 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:51 PM PDT

Shea said:

Well In my expierence I notice that any info related to PROTF Tends to be broadcasted on many other sites prior to PROTF . 

If this is your site your business then it should first be posted here .. to include the questions the info and anything inbetween .. anyone who read anything will see the name Pantheon Rise Of The Fallen .. first thing most do is type into thier search ingine that name ..Should not all info come from them first ? 

Edit : if i want correct accurate info . i dont rely on social media as my go to place .. I go to the sourse the site where it should come from .. Hey  No idea what was posted on FB nor do i care :)

Do you have examples of information that was posted to other sites first?  Because in the multiple years I have pledged I have not seen any substantial news posted to a 3rd party site before it was posted here.

• 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:59 PM PDT

Practically all questions are first posted on facebook .. granted not game info .. but the fact remains many do not use facebook or any social media outlet .. perhaps i just see it on FB . but I personally feel even interviews with the designers of this game , ( whether its general conversations ). should be put on this site so all those can see it . if its about gaming and the Head People in charge (PROTF) are speaking I want to hear it . That means here first .. not FB.twitter , third party site .. It's About Pantheon , this is their site .. this is where all info regardless what that info is . should be posted here first .. 

I'm all for promoting the game I've mention in many forums many in game playing .. but seriously if i say go check out PROTF .. everything should be there for them to see .. not having to go elsewhere first . MHO .. 

Edit : Im a Fan of anything Brad had create done . I like his style of gameplay . From old school DND to the modern type of playstyle .. I am not here for new age nor old school. I pledged back some time 2013 maybe 2012 , but its all about the expierence . 

This Game will Succeed:)

This post was edited by Shea at August 14, 2019 7:20 PM PDT
    • 1247 posts
    August 14, 2019 2:30 PM PDT

I HATE Facebook and will never, ever use it. To hell with Facebook. Info should be posted here right on the Pantheon website! :)

This post was edited by Syrif at August 14, 2019 2:31 PM PDT
    • 159 posts
    August 14, 2019 2:55 PM PDT

I also HATE Facebook. If it is true that game related information that gets posted on social media isn't getting posted on the official site for Pantheon. Huston we have a problem. But I'm not going to spaz out and be all condescending. I'll have to do my homework and look into it for myself before I start any form of criticism.

• 1428 posts
    August 14, 2019 2:55 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

stellarmind said:

WarKnight said:

Albe said:

Cheers.

it's a bit difficult to have a realtime discussion on the forums though >.>  as great as forums is, it's more personable for voice to voice communication to occur.  there's a loss of articulation when it comes to text.

• 413 posts
    August 14, 2019 3:16 PM PDT
    FB is bad. I hope VR finds alternative ways for fans to promote their mmo
    • 1281 posts
    August 14, 2019 3:22 PM PDT

We all may hate Facebook, but Social Media is the modern information dissemination of choice for reaching the masses, for better or worse.

Visionary Realms is far from the only company that posts across multiple Social Media sites in addition to their own web site.  Personally, I haven't seen ANYTHING posted on their OFFICIAL Facebook site that hasn't made it here.  Same for any official posts on their Reddit.  That said, there are a couple of Pantheon "fan groups" on Facebook that do not get posted here, nor should they necessarily.  For example, there is a Pantheon Rise of the Fallen named Facebook group that is *NOT* "owned or managed" by Visionary Realms.  Their official Facebook presence is a page, not a group.

• 79 posts
    August 14, 2019 4:06 PM PDT

I use a Facebook but under a pseudonym, I don't have any personal information nor do I have any friends on Facebook.  I mainly use it for board game auctions and information and news about games, music and other things I enjoy reading about.  I don't get into the socialization aspect of it but I do find it is a good source when it comes to information.  But I am a very private person and don't share anything.  I do follow Pantheon and haven't noticed any information they are sharing on Facebook that they aren't sharing on their main site.  As a business I think it is important for them to use all avenues to get their game out.

This post was edited by Walpurgis at August 14, 2019 4:07 PM PDT
    • 1120 posts
    August 14, 2019 4:12 PM PDT
    I'm still confused as to what the uproar is. Every question that I've seen on social media was posted on the forums as well. Theres like 20 posts in this thread of people just reacting negatively to something that doesnt even happen. Cmon, get it together lol.
    • 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 4:41 PM PDT

@Porygon That's your personal opinion , but when i see it first on other sites or third party site prior to seeing it first on Pantheon . !  Well what do you think anyone new to the genre or a anyone interested in this game is going to think .. Yes all sites all media is relavent .. 100% agree ... But just like the news we all go to the source for accurate info not to mention the newest info .. ( granted i have no idea what started the post as i do not do FB ) ..Do we not all want every single person interested in the least about a New upcomming MMorpg to know they can go to PROTF website and need not look further for all related info . not only about the game but about the developers the game design and everything in between ?   MHO  I don't speak for anyone but myself .. and when I look something up // I go to thier site their forums their website .. ( maybe it just me ) .. My sincere opology :) 

PS : to edit , As for website : I've had a account way before it went live , years ago it was said update info have correct email .. ( well i had changed my email since I donated to kickstarter , yet I have updated my email on many accasions in fact to this day still try to force it to update . in more then a Year I've not recieved a single newletter or update with my new email .. :) want people to see your website , :P  update the simplest things . LMFAO 

This post was edited by Shea at August 14, 2019 9:28 PM PDT
    • 1120 posts
    August 14, 2019 4:52 PM PDT
    I've literally asked you to give an example of when this happened. Because I have yet to see it. That's where my confusion is coming from. You keep adamantly saying that you see all of this information posted on 3rd party sites... what information...
    • 1281 posts
    August 14, 2019 4:53 PM PDT

Porygon said: I'm still confused as to what the uproar is. Every question that I've seen on social media was posted on the forums as well. Theres like 20 posts in this thread of people just reacting negatively to something that doesnt even happen. Cmon, get it together lol.

I think that people are assuming that the Pantheon Rise of the Fallen Facebook group belongs to VR, and there is alot of activity on it.  It's not a VR proerty.

• 1281 posts
    August 14, 2019 4:55 PM PDT

Shea said:

@Porygon That's your person opinion , but when i see it first on other sites or third party site prior to seeing it first on Pantheon . !  Well what do you think anyone new to the genre or a anyone interested in this game is going to think .. Yes all sites all media is relavent .. 100% agree ... But just like the news we all go to the source for accurate info not to mention the newest info .. ( granted i have no idea what started the post as i do not do FB ) ..Do we not all want every single person interested in the least about a New upcomming MMorpg to know they can go to PROTF website and need not look further for all related info . not only about the game but about the developers the game design and everything in between ?   MHO  I don't speak for anyone but myself .. and when I look something up // I go to thier site thier forums thier website .. ( maybe it just me ) .. My sincere opology :) 

I believe yoiu are incorrect.  Can you cite some examples please.  It's important to note that the Pantheon Rise of the Fallen FFacebook group is *NOT* owned or managed by Visionary Realms, only the Pantheon Rise of the Fallen page is.

• 438 posts
    August 14, 2019 5:00 PM PDT
    Yea I’ve only seen questions come up first on forums before Facebook. IG is different. They’ll show a graphic with a bit of Lore and tells people who follow them to check out their website for more info.
    • 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 5:05 PM PDT

Porygon said: I've literally asked you to give an example of when this happened. Because I have yet to see it. That's where my confusion is coming from. You keep adamantly saying that you see all of this information posted on 3rd party sites... what information...

Never have I said all info is on all other sites or third party site , but I've many times notice things posted on FB or Twitter about Kilsins questions .. Granted perhaps FB or twiiter show it first .. But honestly even the interviews with those developers having to do with PROTF are posted first on other sites not listed till some other poster mentions them on this site  . regardless . its about PROTF .. where ever its posted I'm all for it .. 

This is the forums , this is their website their business .. First and foremost everything related to PROTF including all the designers developers interviews should always be posted or at the very least . be posted about to the viewers the subscribers on this FORUM FIRST .

Ps: let s not forget Brad , Ben and ben lol . Perkins chris yep more then one , rob , tod , jason , daniel , many many more to many to mention . but if its related anything to do with Pantheon regardless if it seems non relevant . should be posted here .. Thank you to all the team from every part all deserve our thanks .. 

This post was edited by Shea at August 14, 2019 7:23 PM PDT
    • 470 posts
    August 14, 2019 5:40 PM PDT

Shea said:

Seriously , what was it ? I don't do facebook or any social site . I look for it on PROTF's site to see what's new or read about thier info updates ... Personaly it should be on THIER FORUMS first ..

ps .. Honestly I am not sure why everything is first posted on facebook,twitter , whatnot .. before the orignal site ????? first and foremost anyone who wants to know about the game most certainly will type into google or whatever search ingine they use . Pantheon rise of the fallen first ...which in turn should show PROTF first .. why give facebook twitter your first response ?  is this not your site to get info ?

Same. I absolutely detest Facebook. I come here and the rare Twitter stop. While I still have a Facebook from a while back, I use it as little as possible. I mean I know why they do it. Pretty much to try and expand the brand with extra social media accounts boosting its reach. But I still just feel like I need a shower whenever I use Facebook. lol