Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

FACEBOOK

• 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 5:43 PM PDT

@Kratuk so agree , I know why its done , I'm all for them promoting in any forums they can .. But lets make these forums the best they can be .. Here first . regardless of info :)

• 200 posts
    August 14, 2019 6:44 PM PDT
    I'm just still curious about these great ideas discussed!
    • 388 posts
    August 14, 2019 8:05 PM PDT

Pantheon or VR, whoever owns the Facebook page and the Instagram page, get explusive pictures that never end up here. 

They do this because Social media is a thing now, even if you decided to hate it for whatever reason. 

The reason Kilsin's questions end up on Facebook and Instagram before they get here is because social media is stupid fast and easy.  Doing web site stuff on a phone is not as easy as doing it on a computer.  Maybe he waits until he's at work to do the question on this site.  He can knock out facebook, twitter and instagram in 15 seconds on his phone and be done with it. 

Everyone loves to hate, and that's fine. Facebook does some stupid crap but I have reconnected with many friends and relatives I haven't seen in years and it's really nice being able to see what's up with them day to day. I don't invite anyone I am not friends with or related to. I have less than 50 friends if I had to guess. Hate it all you want, i think it's a useful tool. Same with instagram. There have been some really awesome picts posted there. if not for instagram, I wouldn't see them at all. I follow Very little on instagram. I follow NASA (for the pictures) and Pantheon. I can't remember who else. Couple other games i think. 

There is some fun discussions going on with the pantheon FB page. No one said you Have to look at it. Kilsin's question get asked here, even if it is later in the day. ignore FB and twitter and instagram. The important stuff shows up here. And i would bet a moutain of money to a pinch of cat poop that the FaceBook Pantheon Page get 10X the visits this site gets daily. 

• 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 8:29 PM PDT

Thank you @Flapp  For reinforcing my point .. Nothing against social media . But even you mention getting exclusive pics that never end up here ... 

This is the site that is all and everything about PROTF . therefor even those so called exclusive pics should be posted here .. Not only for those who come to this site to check it out . but more importantly for those who subscribe/donate/follow/fans .. 

But I  am still all for any media/social site they choose to use to premote Pantheon , more the merrier :)

• 429 posts
    August 14, 2019 8:40 PM PDT

I'd like to mention the fact that although social/media sites might grab the viewer at first glance , Its the website the core info the all is PROTF . 

That is what will keep them . and if you post things on certain sites to grab the attention .. Well great you grabbed them (whats to keep them ? ) . 

This website is supose to keep them , not only with information / pictures/videos and every interview or anything in between .

So if you put out pictures/videos/interviews / I do not care if its Brad going to the mall , you put it out on other sites it should be here .. .MHO 

This post was edited by Shea at August 14, 2019 8:41 PM PDT
    • 116 posts
    August 14, 2019 10:39 PM PDT

Companies need to know if fans or customers will respond to certain platforms.  The drama could be toned down though.

Personally, I won’t utilize FB due to their abysmal privacy protections and practices. 

So here is where I will get my Pantheon info. 

• 9115 posts
    August 15, 2019 3:58 AM PDT

I manage our official forums here, Tiwwer and Facebook and I can tell you I certainly do read them, the comments and discussions are pretty similar across the different platforms but they are still great value with a lot of different opinions, ideas and input from people all over the world, so please keep it up :)

• 1281 posts
    August 15, 2019 6:54 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

I manage our official forums here, Tiwwer and Facebook and I can tell you I certainly do read them, the comments and discussions are pretty similar across the different platforms but they are still great value with a lot of different opinions, ideas and input from people all over the world, so please keep it up :)

I think some of the confusion lies in the fact that some people confuse the Pantheon Rise of the Fallen Facebook group for an official VR "property", when it's not.  It is, arguably, more active than the actual VR Facebook page and has alot more posts, especially from people like Bazgrim, who regularly writes Youtube content for Pantheon.

• 3852 posts
    August 15, 2019 7:11 AM PDT

I do not use Facebook. It doesn't bother me if things go there first if that is more convenient as long as they also come *here* within a reasonable period.

Note that I do suggest that anything especially important come here first as these *are* the official forums. Thus if there were to be an official announcement of alpha, beta or release I would hope to see it here not to see people that saw it somewhere else coming here and discussing it.

• 388 posts
    August 15, 2019 10:25 PM PDT

Shea said:

I'd like to mention the fact that although social/media sites might grab the viewer at first glance , Its the website the core info the all is PROTF . 

That is what will keep them . and if you post things on certain sites to grab the attention .. Well great you grabbed them (whats to keep them ? ) . 

This website is supose to keep them , not only with information / pictures/videos and every interview or anything in between .

So if you put out pictures/videos/interviews / I do not care if its Brad going to the mall , you put it out on other sites it should be here .. .MHO 

I do wish we had a little Pictures by Kilsin area so that some of the screen shots that end up on social media also ALL end up being here as well. You are correct. I see picts that others don't (if they don't use social media) I would much rather see them on my awesome large monitor vs a 5.8" screen. agree that 100% needs to be here as well.

This post was edited by Flapp at August 15, 2019 10:26 PM PDT
    • 429 posts
    August 16, 2019 12:02 PM PDT

@Flapp , Can we all sign petition for Kilsin ( our great awesome Manager of these great forums ) , to release some shots of his little area with all those lovely screen shots ? 

My John Hancock .. %^&*^&%$ ... 

Ps: We love you Kilsin :)

• 3016 posts
    August 19, 2019 4:32 PM PDT

Shea said:

Seriously , what was it ? I don't do facebook or any social site . I look for it on PROTF's site to see what's new or read about thier info updates ... Personaly it should be on THEIR FORUMS first ..

ps .. Honestly I am not sure why everything is first posted on facebook,twitter , whatnot .. before the orignal site ????? first and foremost anyone who wants to know about the game most certainly will type into google or whatever search engine they use . Pantheon rise of the fallen first ...which in turn should show PROTF first .. why give facebook twitter your first response ?  is this not your site to get info ?

From what I have seen any questions from the VR team for feedback from us..are posted here and on Facebook at the same time...no worries. :)

Cana