Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Intro Music

• 1019 posts
    August 9, 2019 4:17 AM PDT

I'm going to set my alarm to the the music of Everquest's introduction.  Thats how much I love that music.

Hoping that Pantheon will have such a strong and beautiful orchestra playing it's introduction music.

• 724 posts
    August 9, 2019 4:39 AM PDT

Whatever the music may end up, I hope it will be possible to turn it off - but separately from other in-game music.

• 470 posts
    August 9, 2019 12:29 PM PDT

Kittik said:

I'm going to set my alarm to the the music of Everquest's introduction.  Thats how much I love that music. 

Hoping that Pantheon will have such a strong and beautiful orchestra playing it's introduction music.

I might be wrong but I feel like this might be the intro theme.

https://soundcloud.com/pantheon-rotf/protf-terminus

And I agree, loved that EQ intro theme. Intro music that actually gets you hyped for a game you're already logging in to play is some crafty talent.

• 1019 posts
    August 12, 2019 6:37 AM PDT

Needs more brass instraments.  I like violins, but the french horns of EQ's theam song are amazing.

• 2138 posts
    August 12, 2019 7:01 AM PDT

copyright Laws

Music

Interview by young girl running after Mic Jagger and asking how he felt about Brittany spears (I think it was britany) doing "satisfaction" to imply she was not allowed and Mic's response "once I do it, it's 'out there' anyone can perform it.

Cover bands

something about images and 60pct alteration comes to mind- may not apply when it comes to music and covers

If you play a song on youtube- you dont pay.

If a popular song is played in GTA, did GTA have to buy the publishing rights?

Pinball machine -High Speed- by Williams with ZZ tops "LaGrange" (hmm!-hmm!-hmm!-hmm!) that plays when you lock 3 balls. Was snippet used in pinball machine too short to offend copyrightists?

so....

Little easter egg music box in Terminus with the old Midi? with small in game audio range. You can hear it faintly if you are somewhat near someone playing it. Can hear it clearly if you are grouped with someone playing it. right click with 16 bars? or the whole thing- at least to the bridge. Or make it echo-y like Star trek Voyager theme.

but the horns, yeah.

• 2419 posts
    August 12, 2019 2:11 PM PDT

I hope it is 8-bit sound quality played on a <$50 Casio keyboard.

• 432 posts
    August 12, 2019 2:36 PM PDT

I really like the first 45 seconds. I don't like the anticlimatic pause in the middle . And I find that the finish lacks energy and is less "adventurous" and "crescendo" than the start.

If one listens to really successful scores (games, movies, series), they generally use an identifying theme which goes through 2 or 3 variations. I would certainly prefer that the Pantheon piece consists of variations on the first 45 seconds which really sound like a good identifying theme.

But now, we are not even sure that the piece linked will really be Pantheon intro theme.

• 1479 posts
    August 12, 2019 3:18 PM PDT

I think I never felt more doubtfull the day Jeremy Soule presented a new "Everquest theme" for EQN's hype and there was just nothing EQ in it :|

This post was edited by Mauvais_Oeil at August 12, 2019 3:18 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    August 12, 2019 3:26 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

I think I never felt more doubtfull the day Jeremy Soule presented a new "Everquest theme" for EQN's hype and there was just nothing EQ in it :|

His music matched the fact that EQN itself actually had nothing EQ in it...or nothing in it at all really.

• 1019 posts
    August 12, 2019 4:00 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

I boo'd out loud when that was played.

• 1281 posts
    August 16, 2019 2:36 PM PDT

Jeremy did the music for some games that are my favorites like Icewind Dale. He can make great music, I just think we have a certain expectation of what we want the music to sound like.

• 145 posts
    August 16, 2019 2:45 PM PDT

I got some serious chills the first time I downloaded Everquest and watched the intro video. Such a cool video. Always liked seeing the iconic female High Elf screen pop up too. But the intro music is definitely iconic. Especially when your computer would crash and you couldn't play and you had to wait to buy a part for it or get a new one, and you had to download on dial up and all the time it took to get in game and play, when you finally heard that music it was like OH YEAH here we go! 

Little nostalgia for some who never got to see it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJdrc8ZsEI