Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - What is your favourite character ability

• 9115 posts
    July 22, 2019 4:04 PM PDT

Nice variety guys! I'm impressed :)

• 8 posts
    July 22, 2019 4:49 PM PDT

Selos and Fading Memories made for lots of interesting ways to goof off in EQ.  I used to enjoy swarm kiting Plane of Fear to help other bards get their Amygdalan Tendril.  And the best out of Plane of Fear?  the Worker Sledgemallet!

• 1584 posts
    July 22, 2019 5:50 PM PDT
    Snare, in pvp everything you the enemy wanted to do didn't matter if they were slower than a snail, even casters were defenseless, move in cast and move out before taking damage from multiple directions, while shooting them with arrows, and watching them beg for mercy when you knew their wasn't going to be any.
    • 78 posts
    July 22, 2019 6:26 PM PDT

I was a fan of path of frost, nothing like standing on the middle of the lake to fish.

• 388 posts
    July 22, 2019 6:57 PM PDT

I know its simple but Gate from EQ. sometimes, at the end of the day, you just wanna gate and log. 

My 2nd fav was Clones, Phantasms and shatters from GW2 Mezmer. That entire class was amazing. Mind Wrack too. 

too hard to have just One fav spell or ability :) 

• 103 posts
    July 23, 2019 9:20 AM PDT
    Amends EQ2 Pally ability, loved this ability it realy required the amends target to work with pally, as a pally tank a good/bad amends Target could make or break you.
    It was hard to get me to do anything without my swash buckler amends target for insain aggro control.
    • 438 posts
    July 23, 2019 9:38 AM PDT
    Favorite was Bind. Nothing like having a shorter CR
    • 239 posts
    July 23, 2019 9:52 AM PDT
    Obviously not many people here have played Divinity 2.
    If you had the easy answer would be the Polymorph skill line Chicken Claw.
    The skill is as quoted
    "Turn the target character into a chicken. Squawk!"

Simple..gets the job done, and fun on all levels.
  • July 23, 2019 11:37 AM PDT
    Raise. The. Dead. You just don't get a cooler ability.
    • 454 posts
    July 23, 2019 1:34 PM PDT

since I have always played a Shaman, I would say Canni.  Loved that spell, really helped me be effective, doing something all the time.  Second was Gate.  After a long day of playing, the ability to go to a safe spot, usually to sell, was great.

• 93 posts
    July 24, 2019 10:05 AM PDT

Cannibalize! So much fun being able to regulate your mana level by consuming your health. And with Iksar natural regen and a regen spell on you (or even better if you had a Fungi Tunic) you basically had unlimited mana and could solo things that you otherwise could not. Good times!

This post was edited by urgatorbait at July 24, 2019 10:06 AM PDT
    • 23 posts
    July 24, 2019 12:19 PM PDT
    In EQ warriors have the ability to tank using dual wield, I like how you weren't tied down to board and sword. If warriors can tank with DW I'm all in on the warrior .
    • 223 posts
    July 24, 2019 3:47 PM PDT

I loooved teleporting, then I would second a roo/snare so I can flee :)

• 238 posts
    July 25, 2019 2:48 PM PDT

There are so many unique spells that I have come across over the years, but if I had to pick one or one group of spells It would be the Mage pets from EQ1.

20 years later and they are still some of the most iconic and well-designed pets that I have ever seen. Even as a healer there is just something about bending elements into living forms that I find awesome. 

• 81 posts
    July 26, 2019 11:51 AM PDT

My favorite ability to use on others is probably one that I like the least used on me and that is.... Knockdown.

Just love it.  Neverwinter was good at it,  looked awesome.

My favorite non-pvp would probably have to be Feign Death.  My monk in EQ2 used is soooooo much.

• 178 posts
    July 26, 2019 9:05 PM PDT

My favorite ability was from the Minstrel in Dark Age of Camelot.

They had an instant cast mezz that could be cast while moving. Long recast timer but I loved that ability. People that would try to race through the fortress to help their realm if we were sieging it I loved to chase and insta-mezz so others in the realm could whomp them. When our group was running around to challenge other groups I liked the insta mezz to save my skin, others in the group that may have had someone on them, or the opposing realm. Naturally, it was a very overpowering ability - I don't believe any other class in any other realm had it.

• 188 posts
    July 26, 2019 9:25 PM PDT
    Had a ton of fun with the Shaman spell, SHRINK and grow!! LOL. Also, Bard speed, selos with levitate. EQ and Vanguard did such a great job with abilities making them feel unique and powerful. The great interdependence!