Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“ Crafting and the Community ” w/ The Hive Leader

• 259 posts
    July 9, 2019 1:10 PM PDT

On this weeks “ Crafting and the Community ” we are spotlighting community member “ The Hive Leader ”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to " The Hive Leader@TheHiveLeader " for taking the time to answer these few questions for us.

Be sure to check out The Hive Leader here:

On Twitter

And on YouTube

Remember to check back each week as we spotlight a different community member.

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

Definitely more of an adventuring type, though I love those who do craft.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

The first time I picked up crafting was in EverQuest. I was a tailor who made most patchwork armor and sold it to newbie characters.

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

I actually loved Enchanting in WoW. I enjoyed making everyone's equipment stronger and being able to provide a true benefit to endgame characters.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

Of course.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

Extremely important. I have always felt crafted gear should be the best available get you can get in an MMO. While raiders should get great gear as well, I feel raid bosses should also drop recipes for even BETTER gear as well that could then be sold and can only be used by the best crafters. This would allow a nice synergy between those who spend their time crafting and hardcore raiders.

• 189 posts
    July 11, 2019 7:53 AM PDT

Really like the last question and his take on how to balance out raiding gear vs crafted gear.

I think if VR manages to find a perfect balance for both then crafting can still stay relevant and be part of the game (which is definitely not the case is 90% of MMOs) and all types of gamers will get to enjoy end game content without being forced to compete for it. 

Casuals might need to find a way to make money or friends who can make them end game gear

And Hardcore raiders can just farm raids until their heart's content. 

• 259 posts
    July 12, 2019 6:58 PM PDT

I agree that the balance really is important.

I love the idea of items and recipes being put in the loot table for end game rewards.

You have a great perspective on this topic.

This post was edited by Shyin at July 12, 2019 6:59 PM PDT