Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hail from the depths of Neriak

• 10 posts
    July 6, 2019 4:03 AM PDT

Hello and well met all,

Just wanted to introduce myself here.  Im an older, old-school gamer.  My first introduction to multi player online games were, like for many of you, Mudd's.....  The there was this game called, Meridian 59.  Anyone remember that classic gem of the begining MMORPG's?  I eventually graduated to Ultima Online, where the grandafather/mother of mmo's was introduced to us.  But then one day, as i was stolling down the road from Britania, heading over to the mining town of Minoc, A buddy of mine rushed in with his copy of Everquest.  This guy was, to say the least, freaking excited....  So of course i had to know what got my childhood friend into such a tizzy.  I rarely would see him like that except maybe on table top DnD nights, where his much older character would often just whelp us for the fun of it.  So i had him load it up, and.........Well there went my sleep schedule.  Thank you Verant Studios, Thank You Brad, I still have bags under my eyes to this day from lack of sleep due to Everquest.  First character was a Dark Elf Warrior, of which I stayed up the first night and litterally dont remember it, but somehow i got myself to lvl 10 before I went to sleep. Was it just one night???  Or was it more...  To this day, I cant remember for the life of me.  Here I was, in this, World that offered so mucg visual input.  So much Sensory input....  On that day a true Fantasy MMORPG gamer was born.  Yes, we become gamers so very early on in our lives, but the day you Become a TRUE GAMER, is that day, that you decide what you can cut from your budget to be able to afford this new found passion.  What you can live without.  What extra hours you have to pick upo at work to afford this new found love of your life.  

Okay i suppose that was a bit long winded....  sorry for that.  My Fiancee always says im talented with the gift of gab...  So yes, I am another returning EQ player, Current EQ player on DB servers, and Current player on P99.  Yeah okay i love the game...  

Original Characters names where Loganizal(Wizzy), and Rustedone(Cleric), (i found out i sucked at being a tank....) But boy could I Nuke, and I was a decent healer Ive been told.

Anyways, Nice to meet you all, either for the first time, or maybe Again...  EST TZ

Loganizal

Rustedone

Shannon........

• 1597 posts
    July 6, 2019 6:58 AM PDT

Welcome  :)

• 54 posts
    July 6, 2019 7:18 AM PDT

Welcome

• 467 posts
    July 6, 2019 9:32 AM PDT

Welcome

• 1090 posts
    July 6, 2019 12:17 PM PDT

Neriak! :) Two thumbs WAY UP for returning from Old EQ (like many of us here). There were hundreds of thousands of us there at one time. So glad to see the community returning. Welcome back Loganizal! 

This post was edited by Syrif at July 6, 2019 2:30 PM PDT
    • 158 posts
    July 7, 2019 5:05 AM PDT

Welcome! Great story :)

• 4271 posts
    July 7, 2019 8:16 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 266 posts
    July 20, 2019 1:02 PM PDT

Welcome :)