Forums » The Bard

Should Bards where Plate Armor?

• 401 posts
    June 28, 2019 8:10 AM PDT
    Lether or light mail at most, if you ask me it breaks realisme if a full plate waring musician is a part of Pantheon..
    • 559 posts
    June 28, 2019 10:23 AM PDT

They currently have plate armor items for bards.  But it's not copying EQ, so we should stop comparing the classes like DL -=eyeroll=-  

Add: But for the record, I agree with leather or mail for immersion of an actual musician/poet... (I would think even mail would be too heavy).

This post was edited by Darch at June 28, 2019 10:25 AM PDT
    • 467 posts
    June 28, 2019 10:29 AM PDT

Same answer as the sister thread https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4052/what-weapons-and-armor-would-you-like-to-see

I only think of bards in plate since EQ  :)

• 147 posts
    June 28, 2019 1:56 PM PDT

I don't mind bards wearing plate, would make it 4 classes using plate though, going to have to have some diverse plate items.

Just because they can use plate does not mean the best items for them will be plate, there may be a leather tunic that is too well stated for a bard to pass up, just means they will have the flexibility of all the armours.

This post was edited by Kellie at June 28, 2019 2:05 PM PDT
    • 559 posts
    June 28, 2019 4:41 PM PDT

Kellie said:

I don't mind bards wearing plate, would make it 4 classes using plate though, going to have to have some diverse plate items.

Just because they can use plate does not mean the best items for them will be plate, there may be a leather tunic that is too well stated for a bard to pass up, just means they will have the flexibility of all the armours.

I completely understand where you are coming from with your opinion of "versatility", but frankly this is why I feel they shouldn't be able to wear all armors; In particular, when there is a tank class that can't wear all armors.  On an imersion scale of 0-10 item appearance and believability is up around 8 in my book - I'll play any game for a while, but will only stick with a game if I feel immersed in the world. 

Things that contribute to immersion for me are:
    -Creating a character that looks how I "want" to look (within reason) -  Armor is a big factor here!  (It determines what you look like because that is all you see unless you are on a CR!)  I also don't want to imagine I'm a Human Engineer going to work every day... I want to escape reality by living in (being immersed in) a believable alternate reality.  -  I'm expecting this to be the worst aspect for me "personally", because none of the race/class choices would be my first pick.  (I don't want to "fantasize" about being a human... or female.)
    -Skill/ability response time (not including internet/server delay) - I'm expecting this to be the best point in the game for me.
    -Skill/ability animations - expecting these to be similar to EQ which I was fine with
    -Ability to be somewhat unique within my social group (if every other Paladin looks identical to me aside from dye choices and even has all of the same skills, I play just to play, not because I'm immersed).  Hoping for horizontal progression for this because the race/class matrix greatly restricts this otherwise.
    -Enemy creativity/AI - expecting EQ NPC mentality with a couple of twists, which I'll be fine with ultimately but I'm not expecting much immersion from it here.

This post was edited by Darch at June 28, 2019 4:43 PM PDT
    • 637 posts
    June 28, 2019 6:11 PM PDT

This thread is a duplication as Tigersin pointed out - but my strong personal preference (you don't have to agree) is =>

Leather pants, silk doublet, feathered cap! Music is my armor, charisma my weapon and shield.

Make your group look good, while looking good...

• 401 posts
    June 28, 2019 10:11 PM PDT
    I have seen the other thread, its about weapons and Armor and ppl are answering leftand right.

This is only about Plate Armor and the hope that its not avsilable for Bards, its just unnessesarry to be honest. #GivePlateToTanks
    • 21 posts
    June 29, 2019 7:59 PM PDT

Should bards be able to play stringed instruments while wearing gloves?

• 355 posts
    July 15, 2019 1:08 AM PDT
    Haha kdavis!
    • 96 posts
    July 15, 2019 6:58 PM PDT

I would go with no.. I think up to Mail perhaps, but not full blown plate.