Forums » Pantheon Lore

so let me get the world lore str8...

• 658 posts
    June 21, 2019 12:33 PM PDT

dragons(foreigners?) are the old boys of terminus, but not really because there were others before them.
    dragons go to sleep.
    dwarves, elves and ogres pop up, but they all keep to themselves.

a moment laytur:

ginto, humans, myr and archai pop up.

turns out fish people really don't like rock people.

ginto god gets ebola and ginto goddess devolves him into a high mortal in attempt to cure him, but he mutates into ginto high mortal ebola king.

ginto goddess kills herself to make a waifu protection blanket for the rest of ginto so ebola king can't corrupt them anymore.

ebola king then wants to infect everything.

a notable human and archaei deity join ebola king to go on a corruption spree.

the dwarves, elves, ogres, myr, archai and humans form super sacred team 6.

dwarves and archai become best bros.
    humans and elves become best bros.
    ogres and myr are meh okay we'll work together for now.

dragon king wakes up pissed because his boy, a reignborn(dragon prince), got whacked by ebola and there is too much ebola going on outside.

dragon king begins to eat ebola king.

an entity tells dragon king you no eat ebola king go away and he says ok.

will go back to warwizards(i have no idea who they are) later.

ogres were like eh... we might stay in super sacred team 6.
    myr peace out team 6.
    halfings, skar and gnomes lol in :D
    skar goes warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and pillllllageee!!
    halfings go everywhere.
    gnomes go ehhhhhhh we not here.
    light and shadow organization forms.
    current day terminus here ^.^

This post was edited by stellarmind at June 29, 2019 9:30 AM PDT
    • 219 posts
    June 21, 2019 12:41 PM PDT

*puts the big jar of dice back on the shelf*

Yeah, that's pretty much it to this point.

• 658 posts
    June 21, 2019 12:50 PM PDT

Percipiens said:

*puts the big jar of dice back on the shelf*

Yeah, that's pretty much it to this point.

that means a mix of all the races in a party is possible?  i really hope there won't be a faction based pvp system and that it'll be more personable.

• 171 posts
    June 21, 2019 12:58 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

that means a mix of all the races in a party is possible?  i really hope there won't be a faction based pvp system and that it'll be more personable.

Think it was said at some point that the pvp server would be ffa. Can't remeber where it was said though :(

• 2360 posts
    June 21, 2019 12:59 PM PDT

Ginto are not native to Terminus. One of their deities was corrupted by an unknown cosmic power, the other sacrificed herself to impart a bit of herself in the remaining Ginto to protect them from being corrupted and to fight back against those who were. 

Dragon's didn't "go to sleep," we don't really know where they went but they are still keeping a distant eye on the world. Dragons also are not the OG rulers of the planet, they came to power after others. 

• 658 posts
    June 21, 2019 1:06 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Ginto are not native to Terminus. One of their deities was corrupted by an unknown cosmic power, the other sacrificed herself to impart a bit of herself in the remaining Ginto to protect them from being corrupted and to fight back against those who were. 

Dragon's didn't "go to sleep," we don't really know where they went but they are still keeping a distant eye on the world. Dragons also are not the OG rulers of the planet, they came to power after others. 

okay so ginto daddy was corrupted and ginto mommy killed herself to keep the other gintos pure.

this is basically the corrupt vs the pure.

okay so dragons were sleeping now they are awake, but some entity told them, 'if you kill everyone i kill you.' the dragon king goes 'fine but it always end in killing'

could you clairfy who the 'others' are at the end of your post?

• 658 posts
    June 21, 2019 1:08 PM PDT

Kellie said:

stellarmind said:

Think it was said at some point that the pvp server would be ffa. Can't remeber where it was said though :(

ffa is great! it'll be great if it's handled like bdo ;D

• 2360 posts
    June 21, 2019 2:03 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

okay so dragons were sleeping now they are awake, but some entity told them, 'if you kill everyone i kill you.' the dragon king goes 'fine but it always end in killing'

could you clairfy who the 'others' are at the end of your post?

I can't remember where, I think it was a newsletter, but basically before the dragons there we other dominant foces on the planet. It might have been the giants, the Tholen, or maybe Spriggan? Not sure. The planet has been named a few things over its life: Aevozul, under the dragons it was Nhystyrrok, and now it is Terminus. 

We don't know what the entity was that spoke to the dragon king, that's sort of what we are intended to be trying to figure out as far as I can tell. That entity (likely the same from the Dark Myr lore) plays a role in why the gods have fled their home worlds and what struggle is going on beyond the gods. 

• 1583 posts
    June 21, 2019 2:19 PM PDT

Your best post, well done. 

• 1063 posts
    June 21, 2019 2:40 PM PDT

Honestly Stellar, some of your thoughts have been amongst the best here. I can’t say that for all members though lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing and it’s good to keep an open-mind.

This post was edited by Syrif at June 21, 2019 2:42 PM PDT
    • 658 posts
    June 21, 2019 2:46 PM PDT

Syrif said:

Honestly Stellar, some of your thoughts have been amongst the best here. I can’t say that for all members though lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing and it’s good to keep an open-mind.

the world is vast and filled with wonders.  if we choose to see them then we can soar the heavens and transcend the shackles that bind us to this mortal realm.  not sure if i stole that from, but it sounds nice XD

• 283 posts
    June 21, 2019 9:06 PM PDT

ya Pantheon has the strangest lore of any mmo i've played. after reading the lore i pretty much just went  ..... 

ok I can still play without getting into game lore. ... 

• 1063 posts
    June 21, 2019 10:16 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

Syrif said:

the world is vast and filled with wonders.  if we choose to see them then we can soar the heavens and transcend the shackles that bind us to this mortal realm.  not sure if i stole that from, but it sounds nice XD

Yep, bring on that lore. :D I love lore. :)

• 211 posts
    June 22, 2019 9:45 AM PDT

Syrif said:

Be careful there.   Do not be fooled, he still wants to kill you in PvP.  :)

• 467 posts
    June 22, 2019 10:03 AM PDT

dragons(foreigners?) and ginto(who are deities) are the old boys of terminus, but not really because there were others before them.

-The Dragons were on Terminus with other races. The Ginto arrived in the Second Collisions with the Dark Myr, Archai and Humans.
    -Upon their arrival, their God King was ethereally wounded by something like a disease that was eating away at him.
    -In an attempt to save him, the God Queen descended him to a High Mortal hoping it was just something that  affected gods.
    -It did not and he became quite mad and corrupt.

dragons go to sleep.
    dwarves, then elves and finally, ogres pop up but they all keep to themselves.

-Dragons depart around the time that Dwarves arrive around 7 IH... long before the Ginto arrived.

ginto daddy husband says lets genetically modify our kids deities!
    ginto mommy waifu says stop that honey and kills herself to protect the rest of the ginto deities from being corrupt.
    ginto civil war happens.

-The corrupted God King turned High Mortal began corrupting his once beloved Ginto. =REVENANT
    -The God Queen sacrificed herself to spread her purity among the remaining uncorrupted Ginto. =REMNANT

myr and archai pop up saying hello but don't realy like each other.
    humans say what's up elves and all is good.

ginto daddy husband wants to kill everything.
    the dwarves, elves, ogres, myr, archai and humans form super sacred team 6.
    a notable human and archaei deity join ginto daddy husband to go on mass genocide.

dwarves and archai become best bros.
    humans and elves becom best bros.
    ogres and myr are meh okay we'll work together for now.

-Accruracy isn't a word I'd use to describe any of that but... things like that may have happened, yes.

dragon daddy king wakes up pissed cuz he didn't get enough sleep there's too much noise with ginto husband.
    an entity tells dragon daddy king find another place to sleep go away and he says ok.

-Ravaging Lord kills a Reignborn which summons the King who eats the Ravaging Lord.
    -Dragon King goes away after saying next time he'll slaughter all of us...even you.  Yeah. YOU. 

(you left out the part about the wounded and the fallen war wizards!  ruuude)

ogres were like eh... we might stay in super sacred team 6.
    myr peace out team 6.
    halfings, skar and gnomes lol in :D
    skar goes warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg!
    halfings goes everywhere.
    gnomes goes ehhhhhhh we not here.

-Yes. No. Sort of. but maybe some of it.  I won't know how to grammar after reading this ~

light and shadow organization forms.
    current day terminus here ^.^

-Current day is correct!  Well done!

Open up your profile so I can send you a DM with infos... 

This post was edited by Tigersin at June 22, 2019 10:24 AM PDT
    • 658 posts
    June 22, 2019 1:23 PM PDT

i have no idea what i'm doing with the profile thing.  i thought i set it to public O,o

• 8492 posts
    June 22, 2019 4:31 PM PDT

Moved to Pantheon Lore.

• 219 posts
    June 24, 2019 12:01 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

dragons(foreigners?) and ginto(who are deities) are the old boys of terminus, but not really because there were others before them.

-The Dragons were on Terminus with other races. The Ginto arrived in the Second Collisions with the Dark Myr, Archai and Humans.
    -Upon their arrival, their God King was ethereally wounded by something like a disease that was eating away at him.
    -In an attempt to save him, the God Queen descended him to a High Mortal hoping it was just something that  affected gods.
    -It did not and he became quite mad and corrupt.

dragons go to sleep.
    dwarves, then elves and finally, ogres pop up but they all keep to themselves.

-Dragons depart around the time that Dwarves arrive around 7 IH... long before the Ginto arrived.

ginto daddy husband says lets genetically modify our kids deities!
    ginto mommy waifu says stop that honey and kills herself to protect the rest of the ginto deities from being corrupt.
    ginto civil war happens.

-The corrupted God King turned High Mortal began corrupting his once beloved Ginto. =REVENANT
    -The God Queen sacrificed herself to spread her purity among the remaining uncorrupted Ginto. =REMNANT

*snip*

I haven't seen anything in the lore to indicate any of the Ginto were gods except Ittero (the Ravaging Lord) and Ginavi.

• 1561 posts
    June 24, 2019 12:33 PM PDT

Yep, the Ginto were a mortal race, terminus doesn't catch dieties by themselves, only because they follow their people.

The split made all corrupted Ginto turn into the Revenants, and the remaining protected Ginto into the Remnants. Now they are either pure evil, or pure good (from my point of view) and perhaps infused by a shard of divine energy from two opposites. Doesn't make them deities, though.

This post was edited by MauvaisOeil at June 24, 2019 12:33 PM PDT
    • 467 posts
    June 24, 2019 4:06 PM PDT

Ginto are a people like Dark Myr, Archai, Humans who arrived in one of the collisions.  The non-blue text is the OP.  At the top of this thread.

While we're on this topic , it's my opinion that the six didn't just become a team and the six represents a lot and the war wizards and .. and .. and ..  I don't actually like trying to simplify it to this level. Mainly because I'm annoyed about all the missing lore that must have been written by now.  :P  Give it to us

Yes a Reignborn is a dragon, specifically a dragon prince.  

This post was edited by Tigersin at June 24, 2019 4:14 PM PDT
    • 658 posts
    June 29, 2019 9:27 AM PDT

Tigersin said:

Ginto are a people like Dark Myr, Archai, Humans who arrived in one of the collisions.  The non-blue text is the OP.  At the top of this thread.

While we're on this topic , it's my opinion that the six didn't just become a team and the six represents a lot and the war wizards and .. and .. and ..  I don't actually like trying to simplify it to this level. Mainly because I'm annoyed about all the missing lore that must have been written by now.  :P  Give it to us

Yes a Reignborn is a dragon, specifically a dragon prince.  

sorry for the oversimplification.  i have to do it to understand the lore at its core.

• 467 posts
    June 29, 2019 10:50 AM PDT

stellarmind said:

sorry for the oversimplification.  i have to do it to understand the lore at its core.

No, really, this is a good point.  Different people are able to comprehend different styles of writing.

Or... you need to break it down in a way that makes sense to you.   Sounds good.  :)

• 134 posts
    June 30, 2019 10:58 AM PDT

@stellarmind ... You need to be loremaster, I've gotten more understanding of lore from this post than reading/re-reading of any other published Pantheon lore.

--- My opinions are not humble, they are just my opinions. ---

• 20 posts
    July 29, 2019 10:41 PM PDT
    Oh man this made me laugh out loud. Especially punting back a jar of dicks* back on the shelf. XD
    • 10 posts
    August 12, 2019 12:27 AM PDT

stellarmind said:

dragon king wakes up pissed because his boy, a reignborn(dragon prince), got whacked by ebola and there is too much ebola going on outside.

Rhy’Kafiros was a dragon princess.

dragon king begins to eat ebola king.

Dragon King succeeds in eating ebola king.

an entity tells dragon king you no eat ebola king go away and he says ok.

Dragon King was going to eat everyone else too, but the entity told him no, that's enough!

will go back to warwizards(i have no idea who they are) later.

WarWizards (or Suns of Terminus) were prophesized by waifu goddess when she sacrificed herself, and seem to be High Mortals (Descended gods), one from each of the six races. It's not clear where exactly they came from, but they seem to be somehow connected with Ginavi's sacrifice. They joined with the races of sacred team 6 after they were almost defeated, and helped them turn the tides. One died in the war, and the rest peaced out after ebola king died.

This post was edited by asterlea at August 12, 2019 12:28 AM PDT