Forums » The Dark Myr

Matriarchial culture and other Dark Elf-inspired aspects?

• 66 posts
    June 13, 2019 11:31 AM PDT

I'm curious if this is the case. The original versions of Dark Elves, which the Dark Myr draw inspiration from obviously, are matriarchial in culture, which I always found fascinating. It adds to the complexity of the culture of a particular group of people in lore that is just so alien to us. It serves also to distinguish the races further, which perpetuates the feeling that you are really playing as a given race. I'm curious what aspects of Dark Elf culture will be adopted or be inspiration for the Dark Myr. Just my thoughts, but we can discuss other aspects of DMyr culture as well in this thread.

I'm a huge fan of the lore set up in the page(s) regarding the Dark Myr already, and I absolutely adore the character design. I'm definitely going to make a Dark Myr enchanter for sure. Good work, VR team.

• 1627 posts
    June 13, 2019 1:42 PM PDT

Please. I want it to be true as it would help shaping the Dark Myrs towards beeing more than just aqua humans.

Beeing made and devoted to a feminine deity should help going toward this particularity.

• 955 posts
    July 3, 2019 11:40 AM PDT

Vortikai said:

I'm curious if this is the case. The original versions of Dark Elves, which the Dark Myr draw inspiration from obviously, are matriarchial in culture, which I always found fascinating. It adds to the complexity of the culture of a particular group of people in lore that is just so alien to us. It serves also to distinguish the races further, which perpetuates the feeling that you are really playing as a given race. I'm curious what aspects of Dark Elf culture will be adopted or be inspiration for the Dark Myr. Just my thoughts, but we can discuss other aspects of DMyr culture as well in this thread.

I'm a huge fan of the lore set up in the page(s) regarding the Dark Myr already, and I absolutely adore the character design. I'm definitely going to make a Dark Myr enchanter for sure. Good work, VR team.

i thought they were a militant race created by both nythir and syronai..