Forums » Expansion Classes

A Shapeshifter Class/ Integration of Shapeshifting Abilities

• 55 posts
    June 6, 2019 1:46 AM PDT

I was debating about adding this as a topic under "Expansion Classes" as the aspects of a shapeshifter class are usually tied in with druids, however, shapeshifting aspects could be tied into shamans and beastlords as well. I saw a similar topic under the druid forum, however, I believe shapeshifting aspects are not unique only to druids. As of the date that this topic was posted none of the existing classes have any shapeshifting ability.

So here is how I feel about this topic:

I think that it would be cool to see a class designed around shapeshifting, or eventually seeing aspects of shapeshifting being integrated into existing classes. I think the concept of shapeshifting has a lot of possibilities in terms of skill design, class flavor, and possibly lore expansions.

If a class were to be designed primarily around shapeshifting then I think that the beastlord could be a good candidate as Pantheon is aiming to give each class their own unique identity.  In the past beastlords have usually commanded animals into battle and I think this is a great aspect, but I think it could be cool to see them transform into an animal or various animals themselves. 

If Shapeshifting aspects were to be tied into existing classes then I think the druid and shamans could be good candidates. I think it would be cool to see the druid be able to transform into a Tree of Life or a fox aspect, Shamans could turn into wolves, and if beastlords were to be added at a later date maybe they have the ability to transform into bears.

What opinion do you guys have about a shapeshifting class, or integrating the ability to shapeshift into existing classes? Please share your thoughts below.  

• 20 posts
    June 7, 2019 1:20 PM PDT

play an enchanter or druid...end of the thread.

• 55 posts
    June 8, 2019 12:35 AM PDT

Morn said:

play an enchanter or druid...end of the thread.

Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that either of those classes fit into this niche within Pantheon? Did I miss an ability under one of these classes? The closest thing I saw was the enchanter's illusion ability, Squee’s Mimicry, and Squee’s Grand Foolery. Those spells are not shapeshifting based, they are illusion stealth-based abilities for the purpose of avoiding combat.  

Maybe it is your definition of shape-shifting that has lead you to this conclusion, and this might be my bad. When I created this post maybe I should have defined shapeshifting. Shapeshifting is transforming into another form and using that form for offensive combat purposes, or defensive combat purposes if the form is based around healing. A shapeshifting form is maintained in combat, while the enchanter's illusion ability sounds like it falls off when combat is entered.

Now the druid doesn't have any ability that remotely implies that they can or will be able to shapeshift.

But don't get me wrong if you can defend your position and provide evidence that either of these classes fits into this class archetype, by all means, please go for it.