Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“Crafting and the Community” w/ Nathan

• 259 posts
    June 4, 2019 2:53 PM PDT

On this weeks “Crafting and the Community” we are spotlighting community member “ Nathan ”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to Nathan from the Nathan NAPALM for taking the time to answer these few questions for us. Be sure to check out Nathan here:

On YouTube

and Twitch TV

Remember to check back each week as we spotlight a different community member.

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

I am definitely more the adventuring type, but there are pockets of time that I enjoy quietly tinkering away at a crafting or gathering skill!

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

Ultima Online was my first crafting experience, and sadly I never got too deep into it, but I had to make my own bandages to do some small self heals to survive! The first time I actually got addicted to crafting though was during the launch of Everquest 2, I really enjoyed that people could come to your house to buy your stuff and save some coin when purchasing off of the auction house. I one time got an ingame mail from a guy letting me know he really appreciated my prices always staying the same.

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

Anything related to metal working, blacksmith for weapons or heavy armor, I love slaving over a hot forge!

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

They have been quite low with the crafting and harvesting so far, we know some, but I’m waiting until we understand the system better before I get super hyped about it.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

I think crafting should be hard and a long process and something that the feint of heart can not make it to max. I think it should take a ton of time and resources and then because of that the value of the gear created should be astronomically powerful