Forums » Website Support

Forum doesn't function well on Chrome

• 20 posts
    May 19, 2019 7:40 AM PDT

Hi guys, not sure if you know, but this forum acts wonky in a Chrome browser. It doesn't give you the option to hit reply and type in content.

I had to flip over to Internet Explorer to post a response.

Just flagging you in case there's some simple fix? (haha, computers, coding, simple, yeah yeah I know) 

• 1632 posts
    May 19, 2019 9:05 AM PDT

I believe they recently hired a full-stack developer to update/recreate the website, so I wouldn't expect much until they're ready to roll out that new website.

• 20 posts
    May 19, 2019 9:18 AM PDT

Thank you hon! :)

• 467 posts
    May 19, 2019 9:46 AM PDT

I think the first time I visited the forums I didn't have the option to reply but I have ever since. I've only ever used Chrome here. 

• 467 posts
    May 23, 2019 7:52 PM PDT

OK wait..  I thought these were the new forums.  I gather they are not.  So along with the new website they're adding new forums.

I tried using the search box and can't believe how many mentions I saw of different forums. There were at least three mentioned, the last being something like IPBoard.

So... people are thinking the new forums are coming at the end of 2019?  Hungry for details...  :)

• 3201 posts
    June 25, 2019 1:36 PM PDT

Looking forward to the new website!

• 18 posts
    September 25, 2019 10:57 AM PDT

Every time I try topost on these forums, I don't get the ability to post. I found an easy work around for that. I press the bold, italics, or underline key twice, then I get the ability to post.

• 509 posts
    October 4, 2019 6:05 AM PDT

Current forum software is painful to use at best.  I'm sure everyone, especially VR staff, is looking forward to an upgrade to something functional.