Forums » News and Announcements

May's Newsletter is here!

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    May 15, 2019 8:35 AM PDT

Motion, Magic, Managing, and Motivation Make May Magnificent

We aren’t sure if you’ve noticed, but we’re all in on alliteration here at Visionary Realms. We’re also 100% committed to maintaining an open line of communication and transparency with our community, which we discuss in this month’s Under Wraps. Interviews are the delicious meat in the center of this month’s information sandwich, including two fantastic Q&A sessions with members of our development team (Fernando Flores (more alliteration!) and Ross Armstrong), as well as in-depth interview with our Project Manager, Lynn Ashworth. Our Community Spotlight with Thorndeep wraps it all up

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_may_intro/

This post was edited by Roenick at May 15, 2019 8:35 AM PDT
    • 42 posts
    May 15, 2019 8:40 AM PDT

Awesome!  Love the magic VFX.

• 125 posts
    May 15, 2019 8:49 AM PDT
    Aha! You guys are the best- for sure thought it was gonna be next Thursday since the first one was literally on the first. Now if I could just hold off an entire 5 weeks till the next one...
    • 85 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:21 AM PDT
    Lynn plays an Elven Paladin....

That is all.
    • 523 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:23 AM PDT

Guess it's time to update/revise that class/race matrix.

This post was edited by Mathir at May 15, 2019 9:24 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:35 AM PDT

Kurgon999 said: Lynn plays an Elven Paladin.... That is all.

Good catch. Much like Aradune plays a "War Wizard," Lynn's Elf Paladin is not available as a playable class as of now. I will revise in the newsletter. 

Thanks, and sorry if Lynn got anyones hopes up.

This post was edited by Roenick at May 15, 2019 9:37 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:41 AM PDT
    Q: Any hints about what you’ll be working on in the future?

A: Soon I’ll start working on another class’ base abilities, maybe a more up close combat-based class.

Bard???
    • 3852 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:49 AM PDT

Thanks.

• 523 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:50 AM PDT

SlvrSrpnt said: Q: Any hints about what you’ll be working on in the future? A: Soon I’ll start working on another class’ base abilities, maybe a more up close combat-based class. Bard???

Pretty sure Joppa dropped a hint in the Cohh stream that the Rogue was next followed by the Monk.

• 523 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:51 AM PDT

Roenick said:

Kurgon999 said: Lynn plays an Elven Paladin.... That is all.

Good catch. Much like Aradune plays a "War Wizard," Lynn's Elf Paladin is not available as a playable class as of now. I will revise in the newsletter. 

Thanks, and sorry if Lynn got anyones hopes up.

Darn it!

This post was edited by Mathir at May 15, 2019 9:51 AM PDT
    • 1618 posts
    May 15, 2019 10:12 AM PDT

Overall, I like the warrior animations. However, shouldn’t the Battering Ram attack use the shield instead of the Warrior’s shoulder? If you are going to slam into something, using a heavy/sturdy shield would be far more effective and a lot less self-hurting than using your shoulder.

• 372 posts
    May 15, 2019 10:23 AM PDT

Wow!   Thank you.   This is truly aMAYzing.

• 1281 posts
    May 15, 2019 11:35 AM PDT

Oh the 1st of the month, thank you for being a Thursday. This came as a surprise, I was expecting it next week.

The spell effects look really cool. Glad they are enough to tell what they are but not over-the-top or distracting.

Everything looking great so far.

Thanks!

• 441 posts
    May 15, 2019 11:44 AM PDT

Thanks for the update. =-)

• 223 posts
    May 15, 2019 2:31 PM PDT

Thank you for the update :)

• 624 posts
    May 15, 2019 6:24 PM PDT

Loved the Thorndeep spotlight...thanks, fun read. Thorndeep - call your Bard Dandelion (Witcher series) or possibly Drumdeep!

• 839 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:52 PM PDT

Thanks for the update!  Speaking fireballs etc I really liked in EQ when you could shoot off a firebolt and if you didnt have a target you could fire it off until it hit something or even off into the air... we'd use them as flares occasionally to help someone find us in a big zone when they were no good at loc's.  A silly and relatively unimportant thing, but it was a bit of fun :)

• 35 posts
    May 17, 2019 11:04 AM PDT

Q: Will all the races climb similarly, or will you have to create a different set for, say, a smaller race like the Gnomes?

A: I expect that all of the races will climb similarly, but we've yet to determine the details on that.

I beg you to differentiate race animations in every aspect. Building animations with the human's as a template wont transfer well to non-humanoid races. Of course you know this, it's just an issue of time/work needed. But animations over graphics any day!

• 11 posts
    May 17, 2019 12:14 PM PDT

Roenick said:

Motion, Magic, Managing, and Motivation Make May Magnificent

We aren’t sure if you’ve noticed, but we’re all in on alliteration here at Visionary Realms. We’re also 100% committed to maintaining an open line of communication and transparency with our community, which we discuss in this month’s Under Wraps. Interviews are the delicious meat in the center of this month’s information sandwich, including two fantastic Q&A sessions with members of our development team (Fernando Flores (more alliteration!) and Ross Armstrong), as well as in-depth interview with our Project Manager, Lynn Ashworth. Our Community Spotlight with Thorndeep wraps it all up

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_may_intro/

That Dwarf looks amazing ! Cannot wait to play one !!

• 91 posts
    May 22, 2019 7:53 PM PDT
    Great newsletter! The animations look great and its a pleasure to see this team’s passion at work. Thank you!