Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - How important are stats to you?

• 103 posts
    May 22, 2019 12:12 PM PDT

while I do love to look good, stats are top priority.

• 91 posts
    May 22, 2019 12:34 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

As far as nice looks go, I feel the first 2/3 of the characters career they should mix and match armor. They shouldn't look as put together as a late game hero.

Matching armor, to me, has always seemed better suited (haha) to high level characters.

Mid vs. late game :)

This post changed my answer, lol...No enchantment slots needed...just dyes and some leather crafting tmogs

• 646 posts
    May 25, 2019 7:35 AM PDT

Kilsin said:Community Debate - How important are stats to you? Would you rather look good in the world of Terminus or mix and match to have an extra +2 Str and Con to deal with its inhabitants? #MMORPG #communitymatters

I don't think this is an either/or situation. With a robust wardrobe system, you can have your cake and eat it, too.

• 75 posts
    May 25, 2019 11:57 PM PDT

For standard play I relax my standards a bit, but especially during raid situations when it could come down to that couple percent of output better gear may provide then I think it's the right call to use better gear and not waste the raid's time and potentially my own by choosing to underperform.

• May 26, 2019 5:05 AM PDT
    Ask most people here to "show me your character" and 9 times out 10 they will show you a stat overview and not a visual rep. I'd probably use a sword of wobbly baby legs if it gave a +1 more damage.
    • 297 posts
    May 29, 2019 6:17 AM PDT

I think there is some charm in the idea that while you're leveling up and gearing up you run around looking like a vagrant wearing whatever is the best gear you can find for your slot.

Then once you're able to put together a full suit of gear, you start to actually look respectable and can mix and match to make your outfit look unique and cool instead of just wearing whatever is at hand.

I do want that ability to present my full suit of [Cool Gear] from [Prestige Zone] and also have it be useful. I like the idea of having a set like this within level ranges while gearing up as well. Like the 21-30 suit and the 31-40 suit, etc. I know later in the game as people level more quickly, this becomes less useful. 

It is entirely possible these days to separate stats from cosmetics and maybe the pure stat gear and the cosmetic gear can drop side-by-side so people can have their stat progression if they don't care about looks and people who care about looks can find their cool looking items in the same content. 

Stats of course matter to everyone and looks only matter to some, but I don't see the need to forego cosmetics in favor of stats in a modern game.

• 59 posts
    May 29, 2019 5:52 PM PDT

I think that appearance, outside perhaps dedicated cosmetic slots or swapped out cosmetic clothes, should reflect where you have been and what you have earned. On top of that, stats should be king. I'm honestly somewhat concerned that its even a serious question in a game that has stated to be following the spirit of old EQ.

• 520 posts
    May 31, 2019 3:06 PM PDT

Definitely stats over looks - i'd rather BE better than LOOK better, so i'll always go for a best stats and when i'll achive it only then i'll look for pieces of equipment with the same/similar stats but "better" looks. Many MMOs that had cash shops with decorative outfits, that i refused to buy from accustomed me for being dressed "poorly. In my opinion it's one of the aspects where crafting could remain important even in the "end-game". "Crafters" could be able to change appearance of the item for another either: a)by finding separate blueprint (recipe) for the thing he wants to change the item into, b) by dismantling one item which from now on would be available as the available "look" c) by at one point "owning" the item, which would be "imprinted"in his mind.

• 125 posts
    May 31, 2019 3:13 PM PDT
    Some items just have a certain look to them that’s recognized- I don’t care if it doesn’t match my other recognized gear. When I see a high level dude with mismatched odd colored gear I play a game where I try to guess his gear then inspect him, it’s enjoyable.