Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“Crafting and the Community” w/ Leksur

• 259 posts
    May 7, 2019 9:51 AM PDT

On this weeks “Crafting and the Community” we are spotlighting community member “ Leksur ”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to Leksur from Pantheon Voices of Terminus for taking the time to answer these few questions for us. Be sure to check out Leksur here:

On Pantheon VOT and Twitch TV

Remember to check back each week as we spotlight a different community member.

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

I'm primarily an adventurer, but I desperately want to be a crafter. It's just that no MMO to date has been able to make me feel like I'm a valued craftsman.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

My very first exposure to crafting, that I actually remember, was in Everquest - sharpening rusty weapons and making low level arrows.

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

I'm all about the metal; music, crafting, even home decor. If I happen to be playing a DPS class, I go weaponsmith. If I'm tanking (I'm usually tanking), I go Armorsmith. Why? Well, I think I've always viewed blacksmithing to be the closest fit for my personality: rough around the edges and more complex than just hitting stuff with a big hammer.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

I think I'm honestly more excited at the prospect of having a tradeskill system that might actually be worth doing. It's always been such a let-down when I jump into a fancy new MMO, only to find that those of us that want to get into crafting and gathering are second-class citizens or we're forced to craft up until a certain point of progression, then crafting becomes pointless and feels like a complete waste of time.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

I've always felt that crafting should be a layer on top of the existing gameplay that serves to improve the underlying foundation of the game itself. While I absolutely love diving into a mass of NPCs, blade swinging, I couldn't help but think to myself: "Why couldn't a highly skilled weaponsmith take this average sword that dropped, and improve it?". IRL, I also tend to find trades people that do quality work and hire them for absolutely every little project I can think of; I wish crafting was similar to that on a social level in MMO's. Find someone that really loves to do carpentry and they become my go-to person for that trade b/c they're reliable, fast and do quality work - you can't have that with any existing MMO right now. ESO comes close but, for me, it's still lacking in some respects.