Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Anyone returning to Archeage?

• 384 posts
    April 27, 2019 1:57 PM PDT

Recently, there has been a little hype online about people returning to Archeage so I thought I check here and see if any Pantheon people were playing. Apparently it's not nearly as pay to win as it became when Trion decided to ruin it not long after launch (which was the last time I played) and the state of the gameplay is better than it's been in a long time.

So, in the hopes it will occupy some time until Pantheon launches a couple friends and I have decided to check it out.  Playing pretty casually as a dwarf named Knewly.

Feel free to drop me a message in game if you decide to check it out. /wave

This post was edited by Malsirian at April 27, 2019 8:47 PM PDT
    • 470 posts
    April 27, 2019 3:22 PM PDT

I tried it back at launch but could never develop a taste for it. I did get a kick out of the justice system though. While I wasn't a huge fan of the game itself, I did find myself having a laugh in the courtroom quite often. So while I won't be making a return, I hope you can find a crew to run with. Have fun and try to stay out of court. ;)

This post was edited by Kratuk at April 27, 2019 3:22 PM PDT
    • 384 posts
    April 27, 2019 3:28 PM PDT

Thanks!

AA definitely has a unique feel and yeah, the justice sytem and trials are pretty funny sometimes - cool mechanic. =) 

We'll see if it has any staying power - it's been 4 years or so since I played last so I dunno.

• 633 posts
    April 27, 2019 6:41 PM PDT

I loved a lot of what ArcheAge did, especially early on.  But, on our server at least, most of the hardcore PvPers on our side decided to reroll characters on the opposing side and formed a huge superguild with them and owned the server for a while.  Then they got bored and left and the server was dead and became boring.  I also got really tired of the pay to win, as that was the only way to do really well in PvP (I did well without it against a lot, but when you went up against someone who had the power level was totally obvious).

Since then I've refused to entertain any game that has a pay to win strategy.

• 384 posts
    April 27, 2019 8:03 PM PDT

I hear you, Kelenin. I feel exactly the same way.  I blocked anything to do with AA because of the pay to win issues Trion implemented. Buuut they are gone now and (from what I've read) the pay to win aspect of it is gone.  I dunno for sure tough.  I dunno - I have always felt that the game had such potential it was a shame what happened to it... and I'm so mmo starved lol I decided to give it another shot. Really I just want Pantheon to release. =)

• 844 posts
    April 28, 2019 7:43 AM PDT

Yeah Trino took AA down a dark rabbit hole. Never again.

• 384 posts
    April 28, 2019 3:59 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

Yeah Trino took AA down a dark rabbit hole. Never again.

Whole heartedly agree. But they are gone so I decided to give it another shot.

• 844 posts
    April 29, 2019 7:22 AM PDT

Might as well play AA. Pantheon is just gonna be vaporware for the rest of 2019 it appears.

I'm revising my prediction of a july 2019 alpha (made 8 months ago?) to end of 2019, at best. but most likely 2020.

• 384 posts
    April 29, 2019 12:38 PM PDT

That's what I thought - I am all in on Pantheon once it arrives buuuuut..... it's gonna be a long while - I need something to occupy my time so I've been trying them all again. Confirmed what I already knew - there are no good MMOs anymore and haven't been in a loooong time. Pantheon can't come soon enough.

• 844 posts
    April 29, 2019 2:17 PM PDT

Vanguard EMU. :)

• 384 posts
    April 29, 2019 5:42 PM PDT

I wish it was a little farther along, I would be there.  You know what I've only been following the update posts but it's actually been a while since I popped in there - I think I will check it out.

• 470 posts
    April 30, 2019 5:06 AM PDT

zewtastic said:

Vanguard EMU. :)

I've fiddled around on that a bit but there's not a huge amount of people around usually. It's unfortunate but the folks getting it up and running seem to be doing a decent job on it so far. So if anyone tries, try to drag a few more along with ya for fun. :)

This post was edited by Kratuk at April 30, 2019 5:07 AM PDT