Forums » General Guild Discussion

Guild with odd hours?

• 70 posts
    April 26, 2019 6:58 PM PDT

Any guilds forming that are planning on a raiding schedule (or the primary guild activity time) around maybe 9am MST- about 3pm MST.

My schedule is a little strange these days so the typical evening schedule isnt something that will work well for anything I need to commit to with full attention.

Im retired so I can make a commitment but Im a single parent of 4 as well so night times are doing Mr. Mom stuff.

This post was edited by Dissolution at April 26, 2019 6:59 PM PDT
    • 700 posts
    April 26, 2019 7:13 PM PDT

I love your optimism. Check back in 6+ months.

• 70 posts
    April 27, 2019 8:27 AM PDT

zewtastic said:

I love your optimism. Check back in 6+ months.

Thanks for your response zewtastic. I see that there are plenty of guilds forming at the moment, so many that they have a forum group specifically for it. Just wanted to see if there were any that may be forming that have a (potential) raid time or "prime" time that falls in the daytime in the mountain standard time group. Possibly even an oceanic group.

I am now aware that zewtatstic is undecided whether he fits that description for approximately 6 or more months. Duly noted ;)

This post was edited by Dissolution at April 27, 2019 9:17 AM PDT
    • 700 posts
    April 29, 2019 7:25 AM PDT

Expanding.

I predicted last year that alpha would possibly come around July 2019. I'm now pushing that to the end of 2019, but most likely early 2020.

Not much for a guild to do until there is at least some content to play with.

• 70 posts
    April 29, 2019 11:13 AM PDT

zewtastic said:

Expanding.

I predicted last year that alpha would possibly come around July 2019. I'm now pushing that to the end of 2019, but most likely early 2020.

Well, I had noticed quite a few cross game guilds who have the intent of forming up with Pantheon, either at release or in a pre-stage. Thought maybe I would find one that was working with my time group and maybe Id jump in one of those games to start getting to know folks before we release the hounds in terminus.

• 700 posts
    April 30, 2019 9:22 AM PDT

Dissolution said:

zewtastic said:

Expanding.

Well, I had noticed quite a few cross game guilds who have the intent of forming up with Pantheon, either at release or in a pre-stage. Thought maybe I would find one that was working with my time group and maybe Id jump in one of those games to start getting to know folks before we release the hounds in terminus.

Cross game guilds are a cool idea, but what usually happens is people stick with what they like. Meaning peeps that like the KR style of super simple, 2-button, cheesy combat will not transition to a totally different combat style game such as Pantheon. Also, in those P2W RNG grind-fests games people think they have something invested, and most do actually if you count the hundreds and sometimes thousands they spend.

So unless the entire guild moves from game to game to game en mass, I don't really get the use of a cross-game guild. Sounds just like belonging to a forum or another large discord group. Of which there are already thousands.