Forums » News and Announcements

Our Latest Stream is Now Available!

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    April 25, 2019 1:36 PM PDT

Our latest stream with CohhCarnage, focusing on a dungeon crawl through Halnir Cave and some new animation, is now available to view in 1080p. https://youtu.be/UNbcrIWk8B4

• 154 posts
    April 25, 2019 2:59 PM PDT

Great job to all the VR team! Keep up the great work! That beautiful music, and hidden mystery room was a great surprise. I really like how much efforts Joppa and the team are putting into Pantheon. Gameplay and awesome experience, memories shared with a group above all. 

• 4 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:12 PM PDT

The game is looking fantastic, visually and gameplay. Thanks for taking the time to keep all of us in the loop with progress updates like this. I'm really glad you are taking your time with the game, I've been steadily upgrading my pledge to higher levels as budget permits. Cheers!

This post was edited by trexid at April 25, 2019 3:13 PM PDT
    • 200 posts
    April 25, 2019 4:17 PM PDT
    Well done friends! Loved it.

That music is really going to take this game to the next level.
    • 68 posts
    April 25, 2019 4:24 PM PDT

Looks GREAT, liked the pace of play. The new lighting is very well done and it adds so much depth to the screen.

• 74 posts
    April 25, 2019 4:47 PM PDT

Brasse was a welcome bit of charisma and fun. I know a bunch of people enjoy the roleplay side of MMOs. Hopefully, the other devs will learn from her without going full rp.

It was also nice to have the new stuff show a pseudo-cohesive narrative (lightning, lighting changes the world, lightning enemy). This is the best way to show off content - in many related forms. It builds a sense of a world even if there isn't much else to show.

• 6 posts
    April 25, 2019 6:04 PM PDT

Making great progress guys.  My hats off to you for sure for doing what you do.  Nobody left in the industry that can do what you do I guess.

I will be paying for the Perceiver's Pledge monthly.  You guys certainly deserve it!

This post was edited by Festerus at April 25, 2019 6:04 PM PDT
    • 57 posts
    April 25, 2019 7:17 PM PDT

Looking better all the time. I laughed at how everything that caught Cohh's attention was what I was looking at, myself. That man gets me.

• 116 posts
    April 25, 2019 8:58 PM PDT

Looking good, pacing is good, lighting etc... all good.

Especially liking the detail they’re putting into the animation.  Climbing looks great. Warrior animations were nice and I liked that Cohh referred to tanking as feeling active. 

Edit for speeling 

This post was edited by Grayel at April 25, 2019 8:59 PM PDT
    • 470 posts
    April 25, 2019 10:53 PM PDT

SooZo said:

Looks GREAT, liked the pace of play. The new lighting is very well done and it adds so much depth to the screen.

Yeah the concept around that whole weather system so far sounds awesome. Random weather atmospheres that can one-shot a player if they get hit by lightning while also hitting liquid causing it to crystalize in that cool looking form that may or may not cause other things to be created is a mouthful to say and sounds like a heap of fun. :)

• 248 posts
    April 25, 2019 11:30 PM PDT
    Thank you for the steam.
    Loved the way the light glinted off the armor. The warrior animation shown was great! Very realistic looking and so much better that having a lot of flashy twirling going on. Can't wait to go climbing everywhere, it looked so cool.
    It's going to be a beautiful game!

-sorte.
    • 470 posts
    April 26, 2019 12:20 AM PDT

One other thing while we're on this subject. Joppa, that music was fantastic. I can't emphasize enough how much good music adds to a setting or the mood of an area for me personally. But that music during the teased Perception mission was extremely well done and I hope to see more of that quality of music in Pantheon. Keep it up my man.

For those that may have missed that, I'm referring to this.

https://youtu.be/UNbcrIWk8B4?t=1720

Also, I'm kind of in love with that hammer Joppa has there. I want a up-close, hi-resolution screenshot of that runic carving.

This post was edited by Kratuk at April 26, 2019 3:29 AM PDT
    • 71 posts
    April 26, 2019 5:16 AM PDT

WarKnight said: Well done friends! Loved it. That music is really going to take this game to the next level.

Agrreed. Nice work on the music. The right music can set the scene, provide tension, and bring joy all at the same time.

I thought this stream was critical in the sense it showed us great progress. The early builds seem so distant now.

Can't wait to get my chance in the game...

• 206 posts
    April 26, 2019 7:45 AM PDT

Im amazed. I saw so many great things. In the newsletter it said there would be no new content shown... and well you gave it to us anyways. That tease of the Perception system gave me chills. The music was simply fantastic. The sounds and animations for the healing spells were superb. Shout out to an wonderful RP display from @Brasse !! 

Joppa's hammer had me going crazy when he would shift around and that lighting trail would follow him. I want that hammer. Other amazing visual shoutouts: the cloudy spell effect from inside the doorways behind Gnashura was beautiful. All the new lighting effects are really bringing the game together. 

Really got me excited for the Warrior class. Greeeaat animations. You guys are making great progress. This has been the best Stream i've seen so far and It's nice because now i feel more confident in showing my IRL friends the progress of the game. It will be shared. Great job team VR

• 68 posts
    April 26, 2019 4:53 PM PDT

Brasse For president!!! OMG make the dwarfs voice based of hers... <3 <3

• 9 posts
    April 27, 2019 8:27 AM PDT

That was great. The time flew by. The dungeon looked incredible, and the encounter was very atmospheric. The animations looked awesome, and the class animations per skill is a really good touch. Makes the class more personal. Top job - looking forward to the next one.

• 393 posts
    April 28, 2019 9:13 PM PDT

/big smile

/wink wink

thanks everyone!!

• 165 posts
    May 1, 2019 7:14 AM PDT

What an amazing stream! The graphics and gameplay are coming along wonderfully. I felt like I was part of the group. The general communication between the group was entertaining and informative; my ideal group. Random thoughts during the stream:

• Happy belated birthday Aradune.
    • The visual cues of NPCs and character states are nice; e.g. mezzing NPCs. Being able to visually see states are welcomed over having to check group chat.
    • “Cohh we are actually going left here.” “Don’t go right, don’t go right”
    • The current pacing of the battles and crawl feels great.
    • “who puts a torch in the middle of a doorway?!”
    • Very cool seeing the Perception System area in the dungeon. If I wasn’t sold on the Perception System, I am now. And the music cue… two thumbs up!
    • Gnashura encounter was fun. Loved the mechanics.
    • “Stay in the blue circle Cohh”
    • “less talkin’, more stabbin’”
    • Warrior animations look good. Loved Ability: Taunt.
    • Climbing looks super fun.
    • Lightning instakill… WOOT!

Thank you everyone on the Visionary Realms team!

• 52 posts
    May 1, 2019 9:16 AM PDT

I have a question, with the boss fight you were explaining what to expect from the boss in terms of abilities, and the boss mob's ability rotation.  I thought I read that there was going to be more of an AI behind the boss fights and the ability rotation would not be scripted but based on what the pc toons were doing and the makeup of the group.  Anyone clear me in here.  Thanks

This video was awesome btw, the game really looks awesome and can't wait to play.  If I hit the lotto, I will donate a portion so you all can hire people to get this game done, so wish me luck.

This post was edited by Albe at May 1, 2019 9:18 AM PDT
    • 9 posts
    May 6, 2019 3:18 PM PDT

Most importantly for me, the game seems to capture the elements of EQ i loved the most. I long for well contructed dungeons like Guk and Sebilis, that were a home for weeks on end between certain levels, and it seems to be delivering on that. I hope for some colossal dungeons of the size and scale of the best early eq had to offer. The boss encounter was a little bit too WOW like with all the mechanics for me, and i would like to know how the 'locking' works? Does this mean you can't camp a boss? Once the encounter is over can you stay there and fight it again, or do you have to leave and get another key before retrying it?

As for the music, i agree it can really make a game. I'll never forget the eq blackburrow/Fire giants approach to Nagafen music in EQ that always sent shivers down my spine. Keep up the good work in that respect it makes encounters truly special.

• 165 posts
    May 14, 2019 3:36 AM PDT

voldraxx said:

i would like to know how the 'locking' works? Does this mean you can't camp a boss? Once the encounter is over can you stay there and fight it again, or do you have to leave and get another key before retrying it?

That is a good question. I would like more information on this too.

My thought is that they haven’t fully fleshed out “locking” encounters. There is that fine balance between an open world and chaos. I remember being in Unrest and hearing “Train to zone.” It was frightening and exciting at the same time. I also remember being in a guild and having a “race” to an encounter against another guild. It sucked for the loser, but man, the adrenaline rush. It was fun.

Finding that right balance between open world fun chaos and griefers will not be an easy task.

• 3 posts
    May 23, 2019 7:47 AM PDT

Loving the streams and the game is looking amazing. Getting antsy and want to play lol..

This post was edited by Blackstar at May 23, 2019 7:47 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    August 27, 2019 6:50 PM PDT
    Another great stream. The hard work is really showing. However, It would be neat to see a zone not visited yet or maybe revisit the making of a city. The next stream can't come soon enough.