Forums » General Guild Discussion

My pantheon guild

• 102 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:10 AM PDT

Hello all, during my time in wow i made many guilds, some successful and some not.

I like to think i'm a very fair leader, but i live by certain rules and i exspect people in my guild to follow those rules also.
    So im just going to describe my typical guild rules and see how people react to them.
    Feel free to share any guilds rules you live by.

1. Role playing names only, this is a must for me, im not into RP but in my experience people with **** names are usually **** people...so names like trollking420 or just some guy called alan123, these arent names in my opinion and i only accept lore friendly/ gamer friendly names, kraldor, morvin etc tpyical fantasy names.
    This rules gets me the most crap from game communities and ive no idea why.

2. Fill in your guilds notes, for anyone who played wow you'l know what i mean, i just want people to fill in their Spec and professions, thats not asking too much.

3. 10 days away and you get kicked, now personally i cant think of many scenarios were a person couldnt log on for even 30mins in 10 days, but with that being said and this goes back to part 2, use your guilds notes to say "holiday" if you think you will be away fro longer than 10 days, also label your alts, so they dont get kicked.
    All this info was written down for guildies to see, but its amazing how few take the time to do it, then complain when they get kicked.

4. No weed chat, no racism, so overly vulgar sex chat. I like people who can have a laugh and be funny, without being fools, also i personally hate drugs and being in guilds with people who take drugs, i dont like raiding with people who are high because they usually fail.
    This is a rule for me personally, but my guild, my rules.

5. Behave with dignity and pride, you represent the guild.....basic rule.

6. If you cant follow the first 5 rules you dont raid, not as punihsment but because if your mind cant follow or remember five simple rules then i dont trust you to raid with me, simple as that.

So what do you think, too harsh, not harsh enough.

• 16 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:33 AM PDT

5000 XP loss, a bent sword, and a naked corpse run through nettles for not putting it in the guild discussion section.

• 102 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:42 AM PDT

Psytek said:

5000 XP loss, a bent sword, and a naked corpse run through nettles for not putting it in the guild discussion section.

Oh yeah i forgot about that, well im not recruiting or anything, so hopefully i will be forgiven.

• 8599 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:59 AM PDT

Moved to General Guild Discussion, please be mindful of where you post or you runt he risk of your thread being removed, instead of moved!

• 102 posts
    April 28, 2019 7:06 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Moved to General Guild Discussion, please be mindful of where you post or you runt he risk of your thread being removed, instead of moved!

Sorry about that, completely forgot about other parts of the forums.

• 275 posts
    May 28, 2019 8:50 AM PDT

Ha - I also can't stand those generic names - seriously, if someone is unable to figure out "normal" name (O.o), there are tons of name generators that could do it for you!

If we talk about guilds, I do not like when I'm being forced to "be active" in voice chat. I do think it's important for listening to one if we are in the party - where party leader, alternatively tank/healer would voice theirs commands, but otherwise I see no point in talking in one - i'm more into just typing what I want to express and frequently i'm playing at night where I would disturb a sleep of many people with my voice...

• 87 posts
    June 24, 2019 8:07 PM PDT

One thing that irks me in modern MMOs is the culture of blind guild invites. If you want to recruit me, please take the time to send me a tell saying hey. If I'm not worth your time, you're not worth mine.