Forums » News and Announcements

Incoming Pledge Package Changes

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 24, 2019 4:10 PM PDT

Hi,

From time to time, we look at refreshing our pledge packages. Often, this means that some pledge rewards are retired and no longer available. Currently, we are looking at retiring many of our pledge rewards as we wrap up our early adopter pledges. That means that new rewards will be available for new pledges and they most likely will not include many of the current rewards. We will be starting with the $100 Keeper pledge. If you have been looking at some of the packages and debating whether to purchase, please keep that in mind as the rewards will be changing. We will be giving you notice on when the change for each pledge will be modified or removed from sale.

As always, please post any questions you might have here. If you are unsure what rewards you are eligible for, please open a support ticket so we can assist you.

Thanks

• 372 posts
    April 24, 2019 8:48 PM PDT

Artois said:

We will be starting with the $100 Keeper pledge...We will be giving you notice on when the change for each pledge will be modified or removed from sale.

So this is not notice that $100 Keeper pledge is being removed; just notice that we will soon receive notice when it will be removed? In other words, we can expect a date to say goodbye to the Keeper pledge?

• 62 posts
    April 24, 2019 11:45 PM PDT

I am currently on Keepers pledge. Does that mean my rewards will change?

Actually i was thinking of upgrading to a higher pledge (advisor's pledge) as i also want to be in the founder's guild.

Is that still possible then?

• 233 posts
    April 25, 2019 2:46 AM PDT

Please do not remove any in game cosmetic items, or if you must put them in game, trust me people wont care, never remove content its the worst thing for collectors and long term players.

Putting mounts, pets and cosmetics as boss drops keeps content relevant and gets people farming.

• 15 posts
    April 25, 2019 4:04 AM PDT

knoote said:

Actually i was thinking of upgrading to a higher pledge (advisor's pledge) as i also want to be in the founder's guild.

I doubt the rewards would change for those that had already pledged - it would only change for those that invested after the changes were made. As to upgrade paths, I can't really comment as I have no connection to VR.

• 9115 posts
    April 25, 2019 4:13 AM PDT

knoote said:

All purchased pledges keep the rewards given at that time, nothing will be taken away from you if you already own a pledge. :)

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 25, 2019 9:01 AM PDT

Tigersin said:

Artois said:

We will be starting with the $100 Keeper pledge...We will be giving you notice on when the change for each pledge will be modified or removed from sale.

So this is not notice that $100 Keeper pledge is being removed; just notice that we will soon receive notice when it will be removed? In other words, we can expect a date to say goodbye to the Keeper pledge?

Correct, this is the notification that changes are coming. The changes to the Keeper pledge will most likely happen in the next couple of weeks.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 25, 2019 9:04 AM PDT

Grimseethe said:

Please do not remove any in game cosmetic items, or if you must put them in game, trust me people wont care, never remove content its the worst thing for collectors and long term players.

Putting mounts, pets and cosmetics as boss drops keeps content relevant and gets people farming.

We are changing up the cosmetic items in many cases in order to distinguish between those who were early supporters and those who weren't. There will continue to be cosmetic items available in pledge rewards but they will be different.

• 90 posts
    April 25, 2019 2:47 PM PDT

So is this an admission that the newer pledge rewards won't be as good? i've been wanting to get the Keeper Pledge but kept hearing new pledge plans coming out and to wait. So i don't if I should get the Keepers pledge or wait to see what the newer ones have. 

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:14 PM PDT

Sunglare said:

So is this an admission that the newer pledge rewards won't be as good? i've been wanting to get the Keeper Pledge but kept hearing new pledge plans coming out and to wait. So i don't if I should get the Keepers pledge or wait to see what the newer ones have. 

I wouldn't say they aren't as good. They are different. You might see the return of some physical items in the rewards as well as different, but just as cool, cosmetic items. If you like the Keeper's pledge as it is, I would recommend signing up for that. I will see about allowing a sneak peak of the new rewards before they go on sale and before the Keeper pledge goes off sale so people can do a comparison. No promises but I will see what I can do.

• 11 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:27 PM PDT

If you could  give at least 2 weeks notice, that would be greatly appreciated.

• 200 posts
    April 25, 2019 4:10 PM PDT
    How is funding coming along? Everything still on track?
    • 160 posts
    April 25, 2019 11:19 PM PDT

This is the type of warning we needed in Aug '15 before the big pledge change(in Oct). I had a couple hundred $ I had been siphoning out of different accounts, out of the eye of my evil wife, I was about to commit. Then the rewards were changed to lesser value rewards with the loss of already earned rewards. I had to repurpose that carefully siphoned moneys to other causes in fear of losing the better legacy pledge. I hadn't considered donating more to the cause until the call came last... fall?... for the push to snap up recently released talent from other firms (hello dwarf lady).

This post was edited by Nuggie at April 25, 2019 11:20 PM PDT
    • 21 posts
    April 26, 2019 5:50 AM PDT

Linda "Brasse" is fkn amazing! That is one dwarven woman that can drink you under the table!! I've had the pleasure of meeting her a few times at SoE fanfests hahah

• 3852 posts
    April 26, 2019 6:41 AM PDT

Since you have mentioned that there *may* be a look at the new rewards before the pledges are updated (I refrain from saying nerfed since you said they will be different but not necessarily worse) it will be appreciated if you give us some advance notice if, in fact, this will not happen. That way we all will know that time is running out to make a "blind" decision on whether to upgrade now or wait to see what the new rewards are.

• 39 posts
    April 26, 2019 9:50 AM PDT

May I offer a suggestion? Make new packages, new names. Don't reuse old packages. It makes people feel bad and that's something no one wants is stress. It makes a legal mess too because state laws on online content purchases vary and it may not even be legal to alter packages once paid for (even with EULA signed consent it could be ruled a contract at time money changed hands across state lines for said promised content).

• 160 posts
    April 26, 2019 9:53 AM PDT
    @Vash, I don't know anything about the law, but I like the intent behind your message.
    • 230 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:16 AM PDT

Vash said:

May I offer a suggestion? Make new packages, new names. Don't reuse old packages. It makes people feel bad and that's something no one wants is stress. It makes a legal mess too because state laws on online content purchases vary and it may not even be legal to alter packages once paid for (even with EULA signed consent it could be ruled a contract at time money changed hands across state lines for said promised content).

Well it doesn't change what people already paid for. That is locked in stone. The change only affects future purchases. And the last time they made a change like this they did change the name of the package.

• 429 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:25 AM PDT

@DracoKalen , Wrong its not locked in stone if you decide to upgrade your package . 

I wont say what I get or paid for , but should I decide to upgrade I lose what i have . (seriously its a no brainer ) . 

• 39 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:25 AM PDT

DracoKalen said:

Vash said:

Well it doesn't change what people already paid for. That is locked in stone. The change only affects future purchases. And the last time they made a change like this they did change the name of the package.

Obviously I know that I am one of the first Pledgers. It's to make a point and we still don't know if any problems might come from the alteration of the original packages that could cause customers to feel some pain or delay. Proof is in the pudding to me. Even very smart people make mistakes sometimes so let's make all new packages and retire old ones and then no customers fell bad like I did when Knights package was altered back in the day. And something tells me that we won't be the first ones in Alpha now even though we where the first ones in line with money.

• 93 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:49 AM PDT

And something tells me that we won't be the first ones in Alpha now even though we where the first ones in line with money.

You actually think that there should be a “queue”, if you will, where people who pledged for Alpha will be gated in one at a time, in order, based on the time/date stamp that they purchased their pledge?  You’re not serious are you?  Alpha  access is alpha access and I’m certain anyone with that access will be let in at the same time whenever that’s released.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:52 AM PDT

Vash said:

It has been our policy for awhile now to just create new packages using a new name as well as we don't take want to alter previously purchased pledge packages.

• 230 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:53 AM PDT

Shea said:

@DracoKalen , Wrong its not locked in stone if you decide to upgrade your package . 

I wont say what I get or paid for , but should I decide to upgrade I lose what i have . (seriously its a no brainer ) . 

It is a no brainer. The package you bought is what you get. If you upgrade the package that's up to you, you know what's what.

If you paid $300, you get that package. If you upgrade, it adds a few items to what you already had. If you upgrade AFTER they change the package that's all on you, they will be replacing certain items. Now the last time they changed the cortisan package to Perceivers pledge the only thing that changed was the physical items. So when I upgraded from Advisers to Perceivers I lost nothing. I just didn't get the physical items.

The thing is, they are making these changes with full transparency. If you want to upgrade and keep everything you have at present then upgrade NOW because you KNOW now after the changes an item at the new level may be gone. 

But really, before getting all excited I would wait and see what changes they are making. I mean I'd be bummed if the new pledge level I was at, replaced something from the old pledge level with something I really wanted at the new pledge level. But hey, taht's the way it goes sometimes.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:55 AM PDT

Shea said:

As I stated in another response, that might not be the case with some pledge rewards. We don't want people to feel they can't upgrade and support Pantheon because they would lose "Insert reward here". Our rewards are our thank you to you, our supporters, for helping us get this game completed. I am working on a more fair and transparent policy that will hopefully help with this. 

• 160 posts
    April 26, 2019 11:02 AM PDT
    @urgatorbait that came off a bit aggressive. Not that your point is wrong. I've not kept eyes glued to these forums over the years, but I've never seen any such mechanic or administrative control suggested.