Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Pathfinders

• 3 posts
    April 21, 2019 4:30 PM PDT

I am current subscribed to pantheon as a pathfinder when will I get to be a part of the testing team it has Ben almost 2 years now and am annoying excited and trapped in anticipation just like my first day in school kinda thing lol

• 372 posts
    April 21, 2019 4:48 PM PDT

Currently the game is in pre-alpha. No one here knows (or will tell you) when Alpha testing will begin. I'm sorry your frustrated by the waiting. You're not alone.

In the future, try using a search engine to find out if an Alpha testing date has been announced for Pantheon.  There is not one at this time.

Bazgrim asked VR about this and he talks about it, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWoEXiM4laA&vl=en

This post was edited by Tigersin at April 21, 2019 4:55 PM PDT
    • 154 posts
    April 22, 2019 7:27 PM PDT

Alpha will probably not be starting by the end of the year. Internally, they have a target date but they are not confortable to communicate about it yet. They mentioned many times potential set back that could be happening. VR is being cautious, rightefully so. 

There is still a huge amount of work to design. The human city was far from complete a few months ago (maybe 20% done). We know that VR has been focusing on the Faerthale Project lately but are not confortable showing it during next stream. Perhaps they are saving it for Alpha, perhaps once Faerthale is done, they will move on to another project before opening up Alpha, we do not know.

We do know that there are a limited number of low level areas and dungeons that are playable and that is pretty much it. Many starting cities need to be designed, many many more zones and dungeons of different level range, many core systems need to be design, animations and abilities need to be reviewed.