Forums » Support

Pledge reward 2 copies of the game

• 102 posts
    April 21, 2019 5:25 AM PDT

As you know some pledge rewards give you more than 1 digital copy of the game.
    I paid £300 and that has two of the game among other things, the problem is for me anyway is that i will never need another copy of the game.
    Also i was wondering how much them value that extra copy of the game to make up the £300 cost.
    I'd be much happier if i could trade that extra copy for another months subscription, as it will just go to waste.

Would it even be possible for them to do something like this and if it became an option would you take it.

• 339 posts
    April 21, 2019 6:46 AM PDT

You could always entice a friend to play with you :)

• 2506 posts
    April 21, 2019 7:39 AM PDT

We don't know how many character slots we will get. If the number is very small (at least per server) and you want to play more than two or three characters (you do have a bonus slot from that pledge I believe) the second account may yet have some value. But with the rather large condition that you would need to pay two subscriptions.

• 467 posts
    April 21, 2019 8:15 AM PDT

For the extra copy, give it to someone to 'recruit' them into the game (hoping they eventually sub).
    For the pledge, the main point of these pledges is to fund VR's attempt to create this game. Asking for money back or free months sort of defeats the purpose of giving them funding.

Just a brief opinion and not meant to suggest you are wrong in any way. <3

• 102 posts
    April 21, 2019 8:16 AM PDT

Yaladan said:

Whats a friend?

• 16 posts
    April 21, 2019 8:21 AM PDT

For the most part, I doubt that the extra copy of the game was a factor in your original pledge level decision (if I look into my crystal ball, I would say it was primarily forged from your desire for alpha access, and possibly also an invite to the Founder's Guild). Since it has been mentioned that the game will likely be free to play up to a certain level, the inclusion of the extra digital game copy is arguably just fluff to increase the distinction between the different pledge levels. I daresay Visionary Realms could remove the offer from the list entirely and it wouldn't make one iota of difference to peoples' decision on what level of pledge to make. 

• 339 posts
    April 21, 2019 8:22 AM PDT

Grimseethe said:

Yaladan said:

Whats a friend?

HAHA!! you could always give it to someone you don't like and gift them with an mmo addiction :)

• 1117 posts
    April 21, 2019 8:43 AM PDT

Yaladan said:

This is kind of the point of the second copy of the game right here.

• 700 posts
    April 21, 2019 9:22 AM PDT

2nd Copy required for an alt. Never assume you might not want or need one at some point. Could be years.

• 261 posts
    April 21, 2019 9:39 AM PDT

For me it'll be most likely for alt after a while. Unless my next gf will be into gaming (the dream is alive!).

• 475 posts
    April 21, 2019 10:31 AM PDT
    It's for all the Multi boxing Eq players ;) who will solo grind to max level and dominate the world of Terminus mahahahaaa
    • 700 posts
    April 21, 2019 2:55 PM PDT

Well, if you like a game enough, and want to do all the crafting. Then an alt is gonna be required. I don't see VR letting single characters become max crafting in all vocations.

• 264 posts
    April 22, 2019 7:31 PM PDT

I intend to give mine a friend of mine. He is a huge Everquest fan! 

I have no intention playing MMO 'alone', sharing a great MMO with friends is the best feeling! 

• 682 posts
    April 23, 2019 10:34 AM PDT

But don't forget that only ONE of the two digital copies comes with the pledge bonuses (to include the extra character slot).

I'll likely keep mine as an Alt account, perhaps for teleporting, crafting or PvP depending on what my main character is.  I don't think I will be dual boxing though... unless it is with 2 alts and after I have a strong understanding of most of the game's encounters and all of the class mechanics.