Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon Coins

• 223 posts
    April 20, 2019 4:27 PM PDT

I have not seen anything about the currency breakdown so I'm posting this for converation. Does anyone know how the currency breaks down and the name of it? or is it the usual 1pp = 10gp etc.?

• 372 posts
    April 20, 2019 4:59 PM PDT

I haven't yet seen anything official on the breakdown. I tried searching for currency, coin and economy. There are several threads on the economy and coinage including this 9 page monster that spans from two years! https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4102/coin-weight/view/page/1

• 223 posts
    April 20, 2019 5:11 PM PDT

Thanks for looking as well Tigersin, i'm already plotting on the batwing profits. Would love to see other community member ideas for coin name and breakdown :)

This post was edited by Yaladan at April 20, 2019 5:11 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    April 20, 2019 6:41 PM PDT

Not at all a big issue to me. 

Just to make things simpler I would prefer a common multiplier so that 100 copper = 1 silver and 100 silver = 1 gold and 100 gold = 1 platinum (if those names are used) rather than having differing multipliers. 

I also hope that the amounts don't go crazy - I liked the LOTRO economy a lot better when at level-cap 40 or 50 gold was real money. Today it is hard to get to level-cap without having thousands of golds and many people have a *lot* more.

That is one reason I much prefer a multiplier of 100 not a multiplier of 10 it just makes the amounts of the highest level currency *feel* less outrageous. 

This post was edited by dorotea at April 20, 2019 6:42 PM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    April 20, 2019 8:36 PM PDT

Right now, there is only copper and gold that I have seen in the streams. It is 1/100 scale and automatically auto-changes to the next highest demonization for you. I personally don't like that but it is what it is. I personally like the meta-game of coin/weight management. It can create additional gameplay elements where high-level players pay people exchange rates to convert money for them. People can make a living out of it by running errands for the players that are camping/farming.

But you know, I care about stuff like interaction between player. Many "QoL" features like auto changing ruin that.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 20, 2019 8:36 PM PDT
    • 223 posts
    April 21, 2019 6:52 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

Right now, there is only copper and gold that I have seen in the streams. It is 1/100 scale and automatically auto-changes to the next highest demonization for you. I personally don't like that but it is what it is. I personally like the meta-game of coin/weight management. It can create additional gameplay elements where high-level players pay people exchange rates to convert money for them. People can make a living out of it by running errands for the players that are camping/farming.

But you know, I care about stuff like interaction between player. Many "QoL" features like auto changing ruin that.

Not a bad though about the weight management, so long as its not too severe. The alluring factor is the addition of gameplay.