Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Your favorite silly deaths in your MMO Career

• 17 posts
    April 16, 2019 9:42 AM PDT

My dumb newbie Deaths

1. I've done the fall off trees in Gfay in EQ1.

2. I've been one of those goofs falling down the Well in Befallen.

3. I had a noob Paldain and I beleive this was during vanilla EQ, or maybe just kunark was out, and killing a basic trash mob when we were both low hp. I used Lay Hands and had the NPC targeted and it healed them instead of me and I died becasue of that.*

*This is how I remember it, it was long ago and I didn't know much about EQ (I may of just be crazy). I think back in the early days that was possible.

I should of know better

1. Multiples times dying trying to turn in DF belts for faction in Freeport. I forgot needed to be in wolf form and died trying multiple bad ways to do it.

2. While powerleveling a group of guildmates in the Karanas at a aviak camp. I died to a wondering gaurd (I was a Iksar Shammy) below my level becasue I only had bunch of buff/healing spells memorized and wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.

This is just a list for me I could think of to start. If you like, share any silly deaths you had or seen while playing any MMORPG.

This post was edited by Rungus at April 16, 2019 9:43 AM PDT
    • 438 posts
    April 16, 2019 10:25 AM PDT
    First time I logged into EQ and decided to jump off the boat in middle of ocean.. didn’t know that page up made it so you swam up. Drowned. Also didn’t know you could petition a GM to help locate a corpse. So lost everything and started over gear wise
    • 17 posts
    April 16, 2019 11:01 AM PDT

Mordecai said: First time I logged into EQ and decided to jump off the boat in middle of ocean.. didn’t know that page up made it so you swam up. Drowned. Also didn’t know you could petition a GM to help locate a corpse. So lost everything and started over gear wise

I always hid in the bottom of the boat becasue I was afraid of something happening lol. You were a lot braver then me.

• 888 posts
    April 16, 2019 3:46 PM PDT
    I was playing a new character in the training zone in Anarchy Online when I decided I wanted to change faction. So I bought a kit and changed from Clan to Omni, which made me kill on site to the max level NPCs guarding the area. They aggro'd immediately, one shotted me, then I would automatically respawn at reclaim. The reclaim was within aggro range of the guards so I got stuck in a death loop, having only a couple seconds max to do anything. Unfortunately, the automated zoning on death would delete whatever I was typing, so I basically had to type /petition death loop as fast as I could. I did get prompt assistance and I learned a valuable lesson.
    • 3 posts
    April 17, 2019 10:35 AM PDT

My first time playing the necro on EQ yeah walked away and leeched myself to death.

Awe so many deaths on druid trying to get them hill giants down while kiting them and trash kept aggroing. 

• 19 posts
    April 27, 2019 6:36 PM PDT

All in EQ:

Running by the Priest of Discord in GFay on a Bard with my damage song playing.

Did a quest with my SK, had to kill a low level named in WK and turn in his ring to this NPC in Qeynos sewers.  Killed the wrong named guy, turns out it he was on the quest-givers faction, when I turned in his ring I got one-shotted.

Not unbinding auto-attack from my A key, and getting popped while talking to an NPC.

• 17 posts
    April 27, 2019 7:14 PM PDT

Scurge said:

Not unbinding auto-attack from my A key, and getting popped while talking to an NPC.

If we could get a dollar for everytime that happened to a new player we'd have enough money to rule the world!

• 1 posts
    April 28, 2019 5:23 PM PDT

Runescape. Fell for the old "Hey, if you follow me into the wilderness I'll show you a good mob grind spot".

Young me was not very wise.

• 223 posts
    April 29, 2019 1:12 PM PDT

EQ, first time I saw a giant I though I could go inside one of the houses close the door and hide from it.. 

• 1479 posts
    April 30, 2019 3:46 AM PDT

Tried bard as first toon. Killed a few wasps then rested a bit. Dinged, got chords of dissonnance. Killed a few wasps then went to rest near the guards with the song turned on.

Died when the next tick of the song landed around me, hitting both guards.