Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Apple is funding developers NOW

• 37 posts
    April 15, 2019 2:57 AM PDT

Apple reportedly spending $500 million to fund development of 100+ games for its Apple Arcade subscription service

come on LETS DO IT its all about money right? ?????? 

With $1-3 million dollar advances paid upfront, developers can take their time to invest in high-quality games without having to worry about how they are going to pay for the development resources if the title does not sell well when it is released.

can Visonary realms put macOS development  on priority for the sake of this opportunity ??? ????

unity engine support macOS perfectly with  MACOS +tvOS + iOS + macOS share a common kernel and have common sets of frameworks for things like graphics, audio, and layout display, it would be a silky smooth develop experience to expose this game to BILLIONS of potential players and we shall return to the golden age of hardcore high fantasy MMO 

(imake the game support controller for ios & tvos  just like elder scrolls online , with 3 millions this wont be much of an effort & burden to you guys right????? ) 

Once Arcade launches, it is believed that game developers will receive ongoing revenue based on how much time users spend playing their games, holy crap ! it would be a crazy revenue for VR since people are gonna spend HOURS AND DAYS camping for stuffs and rare named mob !

COME ON VR

This post was edited by henrycc265 at April 15, 2019 3:01 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    April 15, 2019 6:57 AM PDT

You think that suddenly switching their efforts from Unity to the Apple Arcade subscription service - whatever that is - will improve the game or help get it out faster? I suspect that the results would be entirely in the opposite direction. Apple is very much a small market in terms of computers and while many games are created for mobile devices that isn't the plan for Pantheon - certainly not before release.

• 1404 posts
    April 15, 2019 10:13 AM PDT

I would think that would be a disaster.

Seems I recall a few "problems" last time Brad got in bed with a big named company to finish a game. I really don't want Pantheon to meet that same fate.

• 15 posts
    April 15, 2019 9:28 PM PDT

Oh then everybody gets to be ripped of with years old hardware at two to three times market rate of current hardware. Plus a reskin of Linux on top!

No. Keep Apple away from Pantheon.

This post was edited by KiameV at April 15, 2019 9:29 PM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    April 15, 2019 10:11 PM PDT

I can barely stand the emphasis put on words trying to make a visual point that exceed by far the content in it.

If I read this right, however, you suggest the game to be mainly ported to shitty smartphone and console OS only to be funded and playable throught a generic fee to the "apple arcade subscription", flowing thousand of players that are just testing every game in the program with no desire to play for more than 5 min during the lunch break, no way to communicate with each other properly (no keyboard), all of this put on underperforming devices which I would quote from the article as : "These games will be available across iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and the Mac, with iCloud cross-platform sync to save progress. Games are downloaded to the device, not streamed, so they can be played offline."

To sum up : You want a fast released and cheap game, trading it's souls for a pre-paid developement which would simply put it away from it's tennets, core, and desired audience for the sake of money by parting with a big company that is promoting it's smartphone devices throught exclusive games released on multiple familial and easy access devices.

The answer should be obvious now...

• 37 posts
    April 16, 2019 12:19 AM PDT

dorotea said:

You think that suddenly switching their efforts from Unity to the Apple Arcade subscription service - whatever that is - will improve the game or help get it out faster? I suspect that the results would be entirely in the opposite direction. Apple is very much a small market in terms of computers and while many games are created for mobile devices that isn't the plan for Pantheon - certainly not before release.

lol god, theres this rage everywhere whenever apple is mentioned , and people like you started raging before you even know " whatever that is " LMFAO

omg you are so wrong 

first, unity is fully compatible with macOS ( so you obviously didnt know VR has mentioned that a macOS cilent will be coming afteronce everything are settled on windows platform )

now all visonary realms got to do is UP their plans / priority  of the  macOS cilent and submit this game into apple arcade subscription plan

2 . even pillars of eternity  / no man's sky are coming to apple arcade which means ( mac pro imac macbook apple tv ipad pro ) , because macos + tvos + ios share common kernel + frameworks for things like graphics + audio + layout display 

so your point of desktop pc game cant fun perfectly on mobile devices is also invalid 

• 37 posts
    April 16, 2019 12:30 AM PDT

tolliner said:

Oh then everybody gets to be ripped of with years old hardware at two to three times market rate of current hardware. Plus a reskin of Linux on top!

No. Keep Apple away from Pantheon.

why are all these microsoft windows nerd acting so crazy whenever apple is being mentioned? you are not making any sense , the only thing you are doing to trying to is trying to make me look like i am suggesting this game to release exclusively on apple platform 

stop going nuts  and at least try to know whats good in it about apple arcade  

PS :and most of the normal people dont give a crap about higher price because they would like to play their games in a sleek beautifully designed computer like mac , housing a nerdy gaming pc would be such a conflict with the interor design of my bedroom lol 

afterall , VR just need to submit this game through apple arcade to be part of the launch line up  and they can receive the funding 

Once Arcade launches, it is believed that game developers will receive ongoing revenue based on how much time users spend playing their games, i think that would be an alternative way to gain stable subscription solely on the monthly subscription 

This post was edited by henrycc265 at April 16, 2019 12:33 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 16, 2019 12:42 AM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

I can barely stand the emphasis put on words trying to make a visual point that exceed by far the content in it.

If I read this right, however, you suggest the game to be mainly ported to shitty smartphone and console OS only to be funded and playable throught a generic fee to the "apple arcade subscription", flowing thousand of players that are just testing every game in the program with no desire to play for more than 5 min during the lunch break, no way to communicate with each other properly (no keyboard), all of this put on underperforming devices which I would quote from the article as : "These games will be available across iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and the Mac, with iCloud cross-platform sync to save progress. Games are downloaded to the device, not streamed, so they can be played offline."

To sum up : You want a fast released and cheap game, trading it's souls for a pre-paid developement which would simply put it away from it's tennets, core, and desired audience for the sake of money by parting with a big company that is promoting it's smartphone devices throught exclusive games released on multiple familial and easy access devices.

The answer should be obvious now...

i am the ultimate fans of EQ1 and vanguard and i would never want this game to become another dumb generic re tard MMO 

and you are wrong, i dont get it why taking apple's money = trade this game souls away and dumb it down , you know that the iphone xs & ipad pro uses the A12X gpu got better rendering power than a xbox S right? they can just make this game support MFI controller just like the eldfer scroll online supporting controller , and those players  in the program with no desire to play for more than 5 min during the lunch break they wont even get a group and they will be fade out eventually ! 

they can take apple money and launch the game as it intended 

also VR will receive ongoing revenue based on how much time users spend playing their games ( which will be huge  ) + take a cut from the apple arcade subsciption fee 

• 15 posts
    April 16, 2019 9:29 AM PDT

henrycc265 said:

why are all these microsoft windows nerd acting so crazy whenever apple is being mentioned? you are not making any sense , the only thing you are doing to trying to is trying to make me look like i am suggesting this game to release exclusively on apple platform 

PS :and most of the normal people dont give a crap about higher price because they would like to play their games in a sleek beautifully designed computer like mac , housing a nerdy gaming pc would be such a conflict with the interor design of my bedroom lol 

afterall , VR just need to submit this game through apple arcade to be part of the launch line up  and they can receive the funding 

Once Arcade launches, it is believed that game developers will receive ongoing revenue based on how much time users spend playing their games, i think that would be an alternative way to gain stable subscription solely on the monthly subscription 

This is hilarious!

So you buy an over priced apple product because it looks nice? HAHAHA. The product is already out of date and it'll be a joke a year or two later (due to the exponentials of computers)

Also who the heck pays to have a computer built for them? It's far cheaper to build it yourself. This comes with the added benifit that you can choose all the astetics.

Before you ask, it's far easier to build a computer now than it was 20 years ago when i build my first computer when i was 15 years old.

P.S. The main reason to avoid Apple is so you're not stuck in their proprietary hell hole of locked content. It's wonderful being free with Windows and true Linux.

This post was edited by KiameV at April 16, 2019 9:35 AM PDT
    • 11 posts
    April 16, 2019 1:04 PM PDT

Apple = Ripoff   no thanks,keep it away from Pantheon!

• 1479 posts
    April 16, 2019 1:49 PM PDT

henrycc265 said:

i am the ultimate fans of EQ1 and vanguard and i would never want this game to become another dumb generic re tard MMO 

and you are wrong, i dont get it why taking apple's money = trade this game souls away and dumb it down , you know that the iphone xs & ipad pro uses the A12X gpu got better rendering power than a xbox S right? they can just make this game support MFI controller just like the eldfer scroll online supporting controller , and those players  in the program with no desire to play for more than 5 min during the lunch break they wont even get a group and they will be fade out eventually ! 

also VR will receive ongoing revenue based on how much time users spend playing their games ( which will be huge  ) + take a cut from the apple arcade subsciption fee 

I get you point but I still think it will be false solution. Porting everything to mobile plays doesn't deserve games, it's good for easy games, matchup games or screen-level bases games, but we're looking here at a game emphasing communication, strategy, hot decisions and cold preparations. The attractivity of money and financement isn't the only parameters to take into consideration, the game would suffer, the work would have to be re-done (due to engines) and please don't tell me the elder scroll is a success because of consoles. The two mmo's I played that had been made for console AND for computers (beeing ESO and FFXIV) are both plagued partially because of console.

It would come worse if you include a portability to even more restricted controllers (touchscreens...) where precision and reactivity is far to be the word.

Now once the game is ported to apple product, how porting it to PC players (Which I believe, are far more numerous than mac players) ? It's basically doing the job a second time.

I also am not sure about how "subscription" to applewhateverisnamed "premium" would really deserve a game like Pantheon. It won't work like a sub for the game itself, because it will be firsthand gutted by the reduced apple public, then again by apple's margin.

Honestly this is probably a good pick for mobile studios that can work from scratch on a specific game engine, but for a project like this one ? I can't see the good in it.

• 37 posts
    April 16, 2019 9:42 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

henrycc265 said:

I get you point but I still think it will be false solution. Porting everything to mobile plays doesn't deserve games, it's good for easy games, matchup games or screen-level bases games, but we're looking here at a game emphasing communication, strategy, hot decisions and cold preparations. The attractivity of money and financement isn't the only parameters to take into consideration, the game would suffer, the work would have to be re-done (due to engines) and please don't tell me the elder scroll is a success because of consoles. The two mmo's I played that had been made for console AND for computers (beeing ESO and FFXIV) are both plagued partially because of console.

It would come worse if you include a portability to even more restricted controllers (touchscreens...) where precision and reactivity is far to be the word.

Now once the game is ported to apple product, how porting it to PC players (Which I believe, are far more numerous than mac players) ? It's basically doing the job a second time.

I also am not sure about how "subscription" to applewhateverisnamed "premium" would really deserve a game like Pantheon. It won't work like a sub for the game itself, because it will be firsthand gutted by the reduced apple public, then again by apple's margin.

Honestly this is probably a good pick for mobile studios that can work from scratch on a specific game engine, but for a project like this one ? I can't see the good in it.

just wanted to let you know the unity engine is fully compatible with macOS and it doesnt take much work for them to port to macOS

( VR has stated that a mac version will come after things are settled on windows platform, for once, i might bootcamp and force myself to use microsoft windows just because of this game ) 

i agree that it will be hard to make this game works well on portable device , and yes eso is just another generic mmo with a beautiful elder scroll skin which i have been forcing myself to stick with it and so sick with it for 2 years since there is no other choice ( re tarded invincible mob running back to spawn point / heavily instance zone / laughable "public" dungeon ) 

• 49 posts
    April 17, 2019 6:57 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

I would think that would be a disaster.

Seems I recall a few "problems" last time Brad got in bed with a big named company to finish a game. I really don't want Pantheon to meet that same fate.

I agree, I think if that werre to happen the game should be already be complete and they can make their own decisions without another company trying to change what they want to do with the game.

• 3852 posts
    April 17, 2019 8:11 AM PDT

((lol god, theres this rage everywhere whenever apple is mentioned))

I was playing games on the Apple II before many of the people posting here were *born*. No I don't hate Apple but this isn't the way for VR to go. 

• 90 posts
    April 22, 2019 1:34 PM PDT
    You can usually tell the age of a poster by their use of proper punctuation and grammar. That said, Apple gamers are far too small of a market share to spend any of VR'S limited resources on.
    Once they have established a stable game and subscriber base, then it might be time to consider other platforms.

There's a reason you don't see any games developed for the Mac, OP. It's called market share. PC gaming currently has a very small market share of gamers at large, which is largely console-based. And Mac users are an even smaller fraction of that.

Developing a game for the smart device though? Just take a look at the latest announcement for Diablo 3 that was released at BlizzCon and see how that turned out.

No phones please. If Mac is considered at all, it's in an even farther flung and indeterminate future than the current Pantheon release date.
    • 37 posts
    April 29, 2019 3:38 AM PDT

Ghool said: You can usually tell the age of a poster by their use of proper punctuation and grammar. That said, Apple gamers are far too small of a market share to spend any of VR'S limited resources on. Once they have established a stable game and subscriber base, then it might be time to consider other platforms. There's a reason you don't see any games developed for the Mac, OP. It's called market share. PC gaming currently has a very small market share of gamers at large, which is largely console-based. And Mac users are an even smaller fraction of that. Developing a game for the smart device though? Just take a look at the latest announcement for Diablo 3 that was released at BlizzCon and see how that turned out. No phones please. If Mac is considered at all, it's in an even farther flung and indeterminate future than the current Pantheon release date.

hah!  depise what you  have said VR has stated that a mac cilent  would be release prior with the windows cilent 

• 37 posts
    April 29, 2019 3:48 AM PDT

tolliner said:

henrycc265 said:

This is hilarious!

So you buy an over priced apple product because it looks nice? HAHAHA. The product is already out of date and it'll be a joke a year or two later (due to the exponentials of computers)

Also who the heck pays to have a computer built for them? It's far cheaper to build it yourself. This comes with the added benifit that you can choose all the astetics.

Before you ask, it's far easier to build a computer now than it was 20 years ago when i build my first computer when i was 15 years old.

P.S. The main reason to avoid Apple is so you're not stuck in their proprietary hell hole of locked content. It's wonderful being free with Windows and true Linux.

DUH , obviously everyone with a sense would pay more because soething look nice and feel good , as apple products often get related with sleek design / lifestyle   https://www.instagram.com/p/BiK3vszh3ob/

this from you , is that kind of  typical "gamer "" price performance "  attitude normal people would want to avoid , yea yea, laugh all you want for embracing microsoft with your "powerhouse " pc 

i get it some people dont want to be controlled by apple but talking like microsoft is the liberator ? being a microsoft fanboy is even more of a joke 

i dont see how thats hilarious since an elegant industrial design is a major factor for people who will decide purchasing that product  or not 

will i pay 1500 USD for a herman miller embody chair if it looks like some crap from ikea or walmart ?  depsite it had been renowned for the best ergonoic chair for 12 years? nope 

do you even own any  norwegian / belgian designer stuff in your home ? do you even know what is herman miller ? 

i reckon you dont ever buy anything from those high fashion house because they are all overpriced crap right? even tho those brands are helm by talented godlike designer like 

Kris Van Assche / haider ackerman??

brands like native union started from nothing,an they thrived from their beautiful design ( yea yea yea another crappy brand making overpriced "crap " ) 

even brands like  logitech is trying to reform themselves for assembled a premium line, designed to work together beautifully, selling that minimialist industrial design 

you do realise that you are the minority right?  normal people are willing to pay extra just because it look good and feel good 

https://www.logitech.com/en-hk/premium

This post was edited by henrycc265 at April 29, 2019 10:19 PM PDT