Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Based on what you have seen so far

• 75 posts
    April 11, 2019 5:14 PM PDT

My top three picks are Summoner ( because I don't play pet style classes really and I want to see how fun they are in this game, I am still hoping their epic ability changes from summon amazing pet for Enchanters that are already amazingly powerful for a group dynamic ), Druid ( this is a big deal for me because I never go into a game wanting to play a healer but the Druid some great looking abilities that I really want to experiment with), and Rogue ( because I usually play melee dps types and Pantheon rogues have some interesting tools to work with ).

Wizard gets honorable mention because teleporting and nuking both sound great.

• 8 posts
    April 11, 2019 8:32 PM PDT

I'd have to say Druid is at the top of the list for me, but Paladins and rogues (shockingly for me)  are also looking really cool.

• 209 posts
    April 11, 2019 11:13 PM PDT

There are several that I really like, but I'm going to go with Summoner because of how much their abilities truly seem to revolve around actual summoning spells, as befits their class identity. The variety of useful items they can conjure is awesome, and I especially like that they attack by summoning objects and hurling them at enemies.

• 388 posts
    April 11, 2019 11:17 PM PDT

still cleric even tho Cleric Race options are super limited. ...

• 62 posts
    April 12, 2019 12:06 AM PDT

I can't decide. I always like ranger, but i also like to sneak around as a rogue. But these days i love sword and board as a warrior. I need to see more gameplay footage (or test it myself teehee) to make a final decision. Fromt the homepage all 3 classes sound fun to play (all the classes do actually).

• 4 posts
    April 13, 2019 1:31 AM PDT

Small background: First ever char in 1999, main EQ1 druid, later switched to monk (being a martial artist myself.....and loved pulling).

After EQ1 I have played so many different classes, but all of that came back to a lot of tanking and healing, not many dps classes.

Looking at the intricate skill system of classes in Pantheon however, I am still very much undecided.

Absolutely love the skillset of the rogue, warrior and druid though, but am also hoping the necromancer will be in at launch.... You can go so many ways with that one. From heavy pet oriented skill system or scavenging corpses to boost your own defense or offense to allow a different style/role...... Time will tell.

Monk seems a bit off with the chakra system in my opinion, a martial artist simply adapts his stance (offensive, defensive, body weight on front leg, or back leg, etc) in combat in a split second as a reaction to an opportunity or threat.  Huge part for me playing the monk will certainly be this as well as the animations to go with that.

Anyways, for now: 1) rogue 2) warrior 3) druid. Depending on development of necro and monk.

• 372 posts
    April 13, 2019 9:28 AM PDT

Shaman

It's nice to see the buffs. The abilities are complementary and the role of this class seems both flexible and focused. I even like the names of the abilities.

• 41 posts
    April 13, 2019 9:44 AM PDT

Also a Direlord, I plan on maining one. I love the look of them so far. The DW/2H tanking, health regen/steal, the whole fantasy about them. So far my favorite class, unless in testing I find something plays better.

• 781 posts
    April 13, 2019 10:37 AM PDT

Shaman of course.  Utility and flexibility makes all the difference in a game like pantheon, in my own humble opinion.  This class will take skill to bring about synergy with the large amount of spells given this class with the race we will have to choose.  I am enticed not only with the shamans ability to fit into basically any group but the capacity that this class has to be a great soloer when having to wait for a group or just because thats how some people like to roll ( solo ).  Makes for a productive sitting when you are not heavily reliant on having to group and you are also wanted in most groups.  Shaman will definately stand out as a very important class in Pantheon.  I can feel it in my bones... :P 

• 1479 posts
    April 13, 2019 12:03 PM PDT

Torn between the Direlord, and offensive and dark themed tank, and the monk, a body and soul focused defensive melee DPS.

As you can see, I do favor some grey role classes.

• 287 posts
    April 13, 2019 10:59 PM PDT
    Enchanter for cc.
    • 35 posts
    April 14, 2019 3:40 PM PDT

I've checked a few classes out so far, intentionally avoiding the enchanter so it is still new and fresh for me closer to release. I've been a chanter since eq:kunark, and I've never really gotten over my love for playing the CC role. Nothing quite compares to it. 

Hands down, chanter.

Wife will likely go monkey bc that's just her thing.

• 413 posts
    April 14, 2019 3:42 PM PDT

Etahfo said:

Wife will likely go monkey bc that's just her thing.

I love chicks that go Monkey it way more fun to play with them.

• 71 posts
    April 14, 2019 3:54 PM PDT

Undecided due to the classes (ingame) looking abit too unpolished for me. 

• 57 posts
    April 19, 2019 1:02 AM PDT

Being keen on the halflings leaves me leaning on the druid for all its halfling-theming with Masae and Hirode, but I guess I have to say the shaman is most interesting mechanically when I'm looking through the abilities. The Agewalker's Gift + Part the Veil combo is just so thematic.

• 2138 posts
    April 19, 2019 6:57 AM PDT

I've played a caster, but for pantheon I am leaning towards Paladin or Shaman.

The paladin because I want to fuss over weapons and armor and skills, with a smattering of spells and hopefully be sought after by players for help with stuff so i will be asked for alot of groups, and also to RP the catharsis in dealing with conflicts in my altruism.

The shaman because its more of a support class and may be sought after by uber players because of the utility so any mess-ups I make may be overlooked just because I am a shaman, and also to RP spiritual and otherworldly mannerisms that sound like new-age drivel with sexual undertones, and people will accept my musings because I am so spiritual and therefore what I say must have some deeper meaning that is not immediately apparent but somehow germain to the task at hand.

• 223 posts
    April 20, 2019 11:28 AM PDT

Well this is based on my personal liking not by what I have seen so far since its limited and all the spells and abilities have not been given. Most likely a wizard followed by paladin.

• 5 posts
    April 27, 2019 4:13 PM PDT

Druid

I use to hate druids (especially the WoW druid), but after playing a druid in DnD, I really want to play a druid in Pantheon when its released.

• 209 posts
    April 27, 2019 4:57 PM PDT

Manouk said:

The shaman because its more of a support class and may be sought after by uber players because of the utility so any mess-ups I make may be overlooked just because I am a shaman, and also to RP spiritual and otherworldly mannerisms that sound like new-age drivel with sexual undertones, and people will accept my musings because I am so spiritual and therefore what I say must have some deeper meaning that is not immediately apparent but somehow germain to the task at hand.

If that isn't a good reason to play a class, I don't know what is!