Forums » General Guild Discussion

Looking for my last Vanguard guild

• 51 posts
    April 10, 2019 1:32 AM PDT

After Vanguard shut down i forgot which guild i was in. I looked through some old screenshots, but i was in a few guilds and we teamed up with other guilds so i cannot recall.

The guilds i was in i can remember were

-Dogma (which was back when i was still playing on Gelenia server i think)

-Lux Arcana (i think also was way back on Gelenia server but it is so long ago. I know i went to play Darkfall with a few members, but i left that game in 3 months as i didn't like it. I also left the guild then)

-Lonely wolves

I think the last guild i was in was Lonely wolves.

Can anyone remember a roque named "Trebonius", thestran human?

Anyway, i will see for a nice EU guild (english speaking) later on. I am sure we will have a good time when the game comes out.

• 360 posts
    April 10, 2019 11:46 PM PDT

Interesting, you reminded me of something actually ^^

I do recall one Trebonius, no class or race, just the name, whom i met once; made a joke about dictators and stabbing, after which they promptly ignored me, lol

That very common combination of lack of education (you'd expect they'd heard of the Julius Caesar assassination) and game names 'borrowing' i suppose; they'd probably played Morrowind, liked the name or something.

Couldn't have been you though, as i was on the US side at the time, had rerolled there due to the declining playerbase. Am also EU.

Assuming both that it was not you and that you fail to reconnect with your former guildies, do have a look at us, we're all about your age, much as i can judge by your pic; some even older, lol. Thread's in the recruiting section, Anachronism.

Best of luck regardless!

• 51 posts
    April 11, 2019 6:45 AM PDT

No, that was definitively not my Trebonius hehe :-). I have never put anyone on ignore. Also i was first on the Halgar server but i did later trasnported him to Telon.

But yes, i got his name from Morrowind's master of the mageguild in Vivec (Trebonius Artorius).

I will surely look at your guild, thanks.

• 360 posts
    April 11, 2019 8:49 AM PDT

knoote said:

mageguild in Vivec

Yeah :)

By the way, if you're serious about reconnecting with folks you knew, you should try both mmorpg.com (some oldies still frequent it, so who knows) and some Daybreak forum, if they have any? I think i recall some forum shutting down thing, but that was late SOE times.. have no idea how Daybreak runs business, but there's a pretty high chance there are some current EQ/EQII players that were also around in Vanguard back then. Lastly, try the P99 (EQ emulator) forums as well; another good source for this.

• 699 posts
    April 11, 2019 12:07 PM PDT

I checked my Vanguard fan site, has about 2k player profiles, but Trebonius is not one of them.

This post was edited by zewtastic at April 11, 2019 12:12 PM PDT
    • 51 posts
    April 12, 2019 4:12 AM PDT

I cannot read it, it's to small. 

I also had a ranger: "Knoote"

A necro: "Uderfrykte"

and some meaningless others

My wife had one called: "Idwiti"

I have some screens on: http://members.home.nl/knootewoot/vanguard/

It was one of the highlights when we got the raid gryphon with different guilds

This post was edited by knoote at April 12, 2019 4:16 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    June 22, 2019 1:55 AM PDT

I was playing on Gelenia aswell. First in "Amenta", afterwards in "The Second Sun". Syda was the bloodmage character i had.

Unfortunately i dont remember my other character names. Trebonius does ring a bell, might have been my character, but maybe not.