Forums » The Ranger

Ranger Epic

• 591 posts
    March 15, 2020 1:21 PM PDT

I'd think the Summoner's choice might be very difficult, if they had to choose between a shield or a pet weapon. (I think) that most of their personal dps will be magical and they don't seem to have access to Tomes or anything similar. So their weapon is mostly for auto-attack. But shield vs. pet weapon could be very tough to try to evaluate the relative values for.

• 202 posts
    May 22, 2020 4:48 AM PDT

If you have to stick with a single ranger fighting style throughout a battle, i.e. you are range based or you are melee based during that fight, then it makes sense to have one choosable epic weapon type (ranged or melee). From that point you are naturally encouraged stick to that style of fighting.

However, if you have to move in and out of range/melee as part of the normal attack cycle, then it doesnt seem fair that for half the time the character loses the epic enhancements when they are not in the stance of the chosen weapon type.

Equally I dont think that there should be multiple epic weapon types just for the ranger either. If you have multiple epic quest line for ranged/1h/2h per class it starts feeling like an overkill.

I think the epic should be kept to a single choice of either bow or melee (either through a diverging quest line (my preference) or reward selection at the end of the quest). All special procs and bonuses should flow through to the non-epic weapons being used by the ranger. For instance, if the bow came with a fire proc, then when swapping to melee 1 handers during the melee portion of the fight should cause the swords to "inherit" that proc while in combat (along with all other benefits, too).

• 7 posts
    May 28, 2020 7:49 PM PDT
    How about an epic arrow that you can shoot or stab with