Forums » Crafting and Gathering

VIP Developer Roundtable

• 259 posts
    April 6, 2019 1:03 PM PDT

The question was basically how they will manage the deflation of items both looted and crafted in the economy. These items are considered item sinks and money sinks.

They want to make adventuring and crafting interdependent. The adventurer comes back with a component he can’t use himself, but he trades or sells to a craftsman of some sort. They use that along with other components to make a product. That product should also be rare and desirable because of the components put into it along with the skill put into it. This will decide what kind of value the product has that enters the player economy.

Potions will be something else along with edibles, these are consumables. You spend your money or time accumulating them but then your using them up. Not everything stays with you forever.

They have an economist working with them and they will be following the economy very closely to keep it running the way they want.

The highlighted sentence above is what caught my eye. That product should also be rare and desirable because of the components put into it along with the skill put into it.

I love this idea and I am excited to see crafters being able to create rare and desirable items. How do you feel about this?