Forums » Introduce Yourself

Sláinte

• 24 posts
    April 4, 2019 11:58 AM PDT

Greetings all,

This probably should have been my 1st post instead of my 10th, but better late than never.

Like many of you, my background in MMORPGs really started with EQ. My first character was a halfling cleric. I was completely hooked from my first encounter with a hill giant that I got a bit too close to when I was a wee guy. I enjoy playing support role characters the most, leveling both a cleric (PVP Rallos Zek. Guild "Drunkards of Rallos") and enchanter (7th Hammer(?) Guild 'For Glory or Beer") fairly high in those EQ days. I stop playing around the Gates of Discord era when most my in-game friends had moved onto WOW. I dabbled there through Cataclysm timeframe but found that experience to basically be a solo game. I beta-tested Vanguard but my aging computer couldn't handle the beta and I quickly lost interest. Since then, I've largely limited my game play to board games and the console games (Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Horizon Zero Dawn). Couch co-op via Diablo is still a thing in our house with 4 gamers. Most my characters are female, though I'm a guy.

I am a time-starved player nowadays. I work full-time in IT for a higher ed institution. I teach a college course. I am very involved in a STEM program for kids called Destination Imagination. I drink a lot of Beer. I play board games. Yardwork, dinners to cook, dogs to walk, kids to taxi around, etc. Did I mention the beer? I drink it. I do not expect to have more than 4 hours most weeks to put into Pantheon.

I am very much looking forward to the release of a challenging games that creates that immersive environment that I don't want to leave. My sincere hope is that this game can appeal to all of my family (a teenager, a young adult, and two middle-aged parents) so that we can adventure together, probably via an alt for me. It's my hope VR can provide a meaningful experience for my main in my 4 hours knowing full well that it might takes me months to achieve what some of you will get done in a week.

Nice to meet y'all.

• 560 posts
    April 4, 2019 12:12 PM PDT
    Welcome dude. I like beer and whiskey. Also don’t have a ton of time per week either.
    • 157 posts
    April 4, 2019 12:48 PM PDT
    Hey welcone! Sounds like we are leading similar lives. My profile pic is at the bar atop the Guinness storehouse in Dublin....so yeah let’s have a beer in game sometime :)
    • 1597 posts
    April 4, 2019 1:38 PM PDT

Welcome  :)

• 4 posts
    April 4, 2019 2:01 PM PDT

Welcome and cheers! - I'm into Beer and Scotch myself!

DagnyStout said:

I do not expect to have more than 4 hours most weeks to put into Pantheon.

Kidding! - I'm living some dad life myself, and I just told myself this exact same thing before I picked up P99 again 2 weeks ago! Already have a brand new level 25 Dwarf Paladin and got my Druid from 48 > 50. I'm playing roughly 8-16 hours per week right now after originally telling myself a much smaller ammont of time. I'm having too much fun so I'm finding little time slices to play. It's actually interesting, I'm pro-actively getting my housework, kids bathed, dog fed, chores done faster now that I have the goal of "making the house right" before I'll jump on for a few hours to play at night.

It's just a balancing act between keeping the family happy, responsibilities accomplished, wife happy in order to reach the point where I feel comfortable escaping into Norrath, or, soon Pantheon for that matter. I got a few P99 accounts spun up for my 5 and 8 year olds who I play Minecraft with, haven't got them fully comfortable on the game yet though, so it's hit and miss if they want to play w/ me on P99 lol

This post was edited by trexid at April 25, 2019 2:00 PM PDT
    • 264 posts
    April 4, 2019 4:12 PM PDT

Welcome! Have you tried Gloomhaven? I've having a blast playing with some friends, I highly recommend it! 

DagnyStout said:

Most my characters are female, though I'm a guy.

That made me giggle for some reasons :) 

• 65 posts
    April 4, 2019 6:06 PM PDT

Welcome to the fold!

• 70 posts
    April 5, 2019 7:05 AM PDT

Welcome Aboard!

• 24 posts
    April 5, 2019 10:36 AM PDT

Ithaca said:

Welcome! Have you tried Gloomhaven? I've having a blast playing with some friends, I highly recommend it! 

Gloomhaven is on our short list for future. From a legacy/campaign board game perspective, we loved Pandemic Season 1 but have been struggling a bit with Season 2. Right now, the family is loving Betrayal:House on the Hill campaign. Some super clever game techniques and the story arch is entertaining

• 4270 posts
    April 5, 2019 12:16 PM PDT

Welcome!

• 20 posts
    April 5, 2019 12:27 PM PDT

Welcome aboard! Good to have another amongst the believers.

• 264 posts
    April 5, 2019 1:04 PM PDT

DagnyStout said:

Gloomhaven is on our short list for future. From a legacy/campaign board game perspective, we loved Pandemic Season 1 but have been struggling a bit with Season 2. Right now, the family is loving Betrayal:House on the Hill campaign. Some super clever game techniques and the story arch is entertaining

I have heard many good things about Betrayal: House on the Hill.. I hope I will get to play someday. Gloomhaven is not for everybody, it takes a lot of time, our firt three sessions took us over 5 hours each, then it got a little faster once we learned the game. Still, pretty amazing, to have several hundred of hours of entertainements for $100. Characters are well designed too, many classes would be pretty awesome in a video game actually :)

• 18 posts
    April 5, 2019 7:13 PM PDT

Welcome!

• 1 posts
    April 6, 2019 8:03 PM PDT

Welcome. I am new too. I play pantheon when I need to unwind from stressful elo boosting in league of legends :/ sometimes it just gets to be too much and i really need to chill out. I own and run the whole marketplace website for it.

• 7 posts
    April 8, 2019 7:00 AM PDT
    Welcome! I have a feeling Pantheon May have a whole lot of us sleeping less than we should.
    • 1090 posts
    May 12, 2019 12:43 PM PDT

Two thumbs WAY UP for starting with Old EQ (like many of us here). There were hundreds of thousands of us there at one time. Welcome back! 

• 525 posts
    May 14, 2019 2:16 PM PDT

Welcome to Pantheon!

• 264 posts
    May 17, 2019 1:36 PM PDT

Welcome and good luck with the 4  hrs a week thing :)

• 6 posts
    May 20, 2019 6:00 AM PDT

Welcome!  I have limited time as well since I'm doing the dad thing as well for 5.  Sometimes I definitely feel like the family Uber.  Beer is for sure a staple of life.  It's also much easier to play when the whole family is involved so good luck there!  Hope to see you in-game when we get this thing rolling.  I plan on rolling wizard so I could use a good cleric!

• 126 posts
    May 30, 2019 1:53 PM PDT
    Welcome.
    • 102 posts
    June 6, 2019 3:28 AM PDT

Welcome to The Family!

DagnyStout your background is similar to a lot of us. A large portion of the Pantheon fan base started in EQ in our teens/20s and now we are in our 40s. That bottomless pit of free time is long gone.

DagnyStout said:

I am very much looking forward to the release of a challenging game that creates that immersive environment that I don't want to leave. My sincere hope is that this game can appeal to all of my family (a teenager, a young adult, and two middle-aged parents) so that we can adventure together, probably via an alt for me. It's my hope VR can provide a meaningful experience for my main in my 4 hours knowing full well that it might takes me months to achieve what some of you will get done in a week.

This is my hope too. I would love to get my wife into Pantheon. She is not a gamer so good luck me.

• 215 posts
    June 6, 2019 2:19 PM PDT

Welcome!