Forums » The Enchanter

Current state of charm

• 2475 posts
    June 3, 2019 10:09 AM PDT

Nytman said:

And you think the classes will be bvaleanced in Pantheon? Because they will not be.....

Why is it that that the people that want it to be like EQ have there head in the sand is thaty because we disagree with you.... so you take a stab and insult us? you do know what a discussion is right if everyone thought the same there would not be much to talk about.... So we all need to agree with you because some how you are the expert on all this? 

This is a forum people can have there own oipinions... we will just have to wait and see what VR does

Plus Iksar you seem to be up for a discussion.... why so disgruntled about this...  Im sure you know what is said in here has little effect on what they are doing now.... Plus I know you know they already said what they wanted it to be like and it will not be like EQ1... cheers mate... they are not attacking you by having a different oppinion. =)

No I don't imagine they will be perfectly balanced, but I do expect the classes to be pretty well balanced amongst others within their roles. 

The people who want it like EQ have their heads in the sand not because they disagree with me but because they are ignoring everything put forth about the Pantheon class/quaternity role design. If people are insulted by being confronted with that then /shrug. 

• 23 posts
    June 23, 2019 11:10 AM PDT

charm spell must depend on npc skills like int and wis (resist and break ) but not make charmed mobs  less powerfull it doesnt make sense

sry for my english xD

• 1650 posts
    June 23, 2019 1:27 PM PDT

eraldus said:

charm spell must depend on npc skills like int and wis (resist and break ) but not make charmed mobs  less powerfull it doesnt make sense

sry for my english xD

That's where sense must be weighted with balance between roles. If rogues get an assassination skill, should they be able to assassinate any target including bosses in one prepared strike ? No, because it would break the balance between classes and roles. The same goes with every class. There is a moment where you cannot just follow logic if it goes against the core design of the game and it's tennets : interdependancy. If the control archetype can deal as much or more damage than a damage archetype, then there is no longer a need of damage archetype and you can just stack controlers to get greater benefits.

• October 29, 2019 12:24 PM PDT
    While the extra focus on long term charms seems kinda cool, is turning the enchanter into just another pet class? And once the long term charmed mob dies, is the character gimped until he can find another?
    • 2 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:39 AM PST

FlushingToiletScreamingShower said: While the extra focus on long term charms seems kinda cool, is turning the enchanter into just another pet class? And once the long term charmed mob dies, is the character gimped until he can find another?

The latter sentence is often true, irrespective of the former - but only in relation to damage-output. With having utility to control (Hate-list wipe, stun, slow, pacify etc), only the capacity for defeating monsters through combat is reduced...  (Yes, we could always assume that fighting is the only answer.)