Forums » The Gnomes

Gnome Monks

• 15 posts
    March 11, 2019 3:32 PM PDT

Looking over the race class matrixs I cant help but notice how limited class choices are for Gnomes

Right now we have 5 choices, 4 of them are caster and 1 melee dps

I understand that Race lore has alot to do with these choices.

After reading the current lore on gnomes I dont see why another physical dps class like Monks cant be an option

It seems to me they would be an even better fit then Rogues.

Please understand I dont want to see rogue removed as a class choice.

I just would like to see a additional class for gnomes that would line up with the lore

I am curious what other may think on this.

• 182 posts
    March 12, 2019 6:34 AM PDT

Im 100% ok with the Gnome class choices. As per lore and functionality. 

• 1319 posts
    March 12, 2019 1:17 PM PDT

I don't really see them as monks, in EQ Gnome monks where a sort of joke made for one of the class quests if I remember right, and the ogre and dark elf monks were story driven as well. Thoses gnomes seems even less physically able than thoses whose unconvenience was only beeing small.

I would however accept a healing class in the gnome setup, mostly because it implies magic usage. Whether it is a new class of some sort using arcane knowledge for restoration or one of the actual (probably shaman with the time thing would be fitting ? ).

• 562 posts
    March 18, 2019 6:59 AM PDT
    I think if you can support gnome rogues with current lore, you can support just about anything with reasoning just as strong.

From a balance perspective though, off tank/fist dps and weak physical stats don't go together very well imo.