Forums » The Wizard

Wizard AoE?

• 11 posts
    February 25, 2019 9:53 PM PST

One of the hallmarks of the Wizard class were the Pillar of ice/fire line. It segued perfectly with the snare spell ( affecting max 4 mobs etc). Now, i hear, that there will be no AoE for Wizard class? Is this true? Forgive me if i missed it looking thru the forums. 

Formerly of  The Rathe Server, Blood of the Spider, and of course Sullon Zek, Hate.

• 28 posts
    February 26, 2019 2:42 AM PST

Wizards have AoE.

As to being able to quad kite it remains to be tested and seen.

• 11 posts
    February 26, 2019 7:32 AM PST

Greenkrak2 said:

Wizards have AoE.

As to being able to quad kite it remains to be tested and seen.

Thank you, yes i was not specific i did indeed mean quad kiting. Well fingers crossed.

• 1319 posts
    February 26, 2019 12:41 PM PST

Please, for wizards and others, cap maximum targets at 4 to avoid AOE beeing a norm more than an opportunity. (no cap on creepers mobs is fine)

• 11 posts
    February 26, 2019 1:27 PM PST
    Ranged ae was capped at 4, however if i recall, the pbaoe was indeed unlimited.
    • 29 posts
    February 26, 2019 4:48 PM PST

Yes, I did a fair amount of Quad Kiting back in EQ, especially some walrus like mammals in Vellious, and some moonkin or other mob in Luclin. I would do whatever while medding. SoW and FT made it safe, and tolerable. Wizzes, and druids could quad kite, I saw Bard’s twisting songs with more than 4 mobs trailing In their kiting technique.

I saw an AoE party in Karnor once, but did got get to play. Those involved Wizzies for PBAoE damage, Enchanters for AoE mezzing (enough for continuous) Clerics for healing, and random pullers who brought the mobs into the party. Lag was the main failure mode.

• 16 posts
    March 18, 2019 6:13 AM PDT

Bones13 said:

Yes, I did a fair amount of Quad Kiting back in EQ, especially some walrus like mammals in Vellious, and some moonkin or other mob in Luclin. I would do whatever while medding. SoW and FT made it safe, and tolerable. Wizzes, and druids could quad kite, I saw Bard’s twisting songs with more than 4 mobs trailing In their kiting technique.

I saw an AoE party in Karnor once, but did got get to play. Those involved Wizzies for PBAoE damage, Enchanters for AoE mezzing (enough for continuous) Clerics for healing, and random pullers who brought the mobs into the party. Lag was the main failure mode.

With games the way they are now I doubt lag will be a problem but as far as AOE groups I definitely think will need to be addressed as it will turn into a "pay to play" style as it was back in oldschool EQ to PL your way through higher levels and max level characters profitting off of it.