Forums » The Dire Lord

Anyone else....

• February 25, 2019 11:04 AM PST

Going to just keep refurring to Dire Lord as Shadow Knight or SK? I sure know I am. lol

This post was edited by TheMeltingSkeleton at February 26, 2019 8:30 AM PST
    • 238 posts
    February 25, 2019 9:54 PM PST

Haha, even though I like the DL a lot from a mechanical standpoint, I have to admit that I'm still not real big on the name. I do like Shadowknight better as a name, even though it doesn't fit so well with their abilities, which aren't really darkness-based. But yeah, I really like "Shadowknight" or "Dread Knight" (from Vanguard).

• 284 posts
    February 26, 2019 7:39 AM PST

I like Shadow Knight so much better its not even funny. Dire Lord sounds like it should be a "beastlord" type of character, a shamanistic or druidic fighter. But I agree that Im super down to play a DL in Pantheon.

• February 26, 2019 8:30 AM PST

I played SK for years said it for a long time, and even called DK's in WoW SK lol. It is nearly habbit for me to call the Dark blood/fear using Knight a ShadowKnight, and I agree dire lord sounds very primalistic, which for all we know, fits very well with how the class will unfold as you pick it up and play it.
    You might very well be a weird blood obssed outcast in a cave when you start....kinda hope so, because that sounds like a good fit for the name imo.

• 284 posts
    February 26, 2019 12:10 PM PST

@TheMeltingSkeleton just so you really understand how on board i am about the Dire Lord. I wrote this lil peice. 

His heart beating hard, but steady, his eyes turned black mixed in a red swirl, his muscles pulsing with alacrity.His head starring down a six foot Dire Wolf with its power posture matching his own. Bursts of smoky breath hurdled from both their mouths, huffing at each other, eyes locked.
    Drantus took the first move as he howled out a sound that sent up a swirl of shrieking and horrifying images of phantoms with spine-chilling visages. Charging forward with his axe up high and lunging it into the dire wolf’s shoulder and tearing out the muscle. As blood splashed out into the air he quickly absorbed the essence into his own body at the same time the wolves teeth sunk into his shoulder, he used the flowing blood splashing from the feral animal’s body to heal a part of his fresh wound. Drantus flexed his partially torn muscle, pushing the fangs of the beast out of his skin. Swinging his sword around in the other hand and running it through the chest of the beast. The beast froze in place and let out a hollowed cry.
    Drantus seething over the limp bloody corpse took a deep breath and sucked in the essence from the blood of the beast to heal the rest of his torn arm and chest.
    Looking into the sky and drawing in a long breath through his nose, his eyes began to calm into their normal blue hue and asking aloud said, “What am I?”

• February 26, 2019 9:27 PM PST

That's some good backstory flavor my man! Good job.