Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

quixel megascans

• 11 posts
    February 16, 2019 6:00 PM PST
    just throwing this out there but would this be a possibility for the big upgrade in graphics. It can be used with unity or unreal engine. Would love to see some realism to the environment. If anything check out the book of the dead preview showing the use of quixel megascans. That isn old thing so far I havent been too impressed with is the trees and rocks etc from all the videos I have seen. I know its just prealpha but one can hope they could go this route one day.
    • 3852 posts
    February 16, 2019 8:09 PM PST

The better the game can look the better it will do.

The slower it runs and the more lag the worse it will do.

The better computers people need to see it in the way that is intended the worse it will do.

The more time spent on technological bleeding edge ideas that is taken away from making Pantheon better as a game the worse it will do.

These all are truths that most of us will agree with - VR has to balance them.

My guess is the balance will be - my guess is the balance *should* be - that if Unity adopts some version of this so that VR doesn't need to do much work on it, and if this doesn't reduce performance or require higher end machines, they will jump on the bandwagon happily. Why not - great for marketing to distinguish Pantheon as one of the first games with this new tech.

My guess, sadly since I too would love to see this, is it won't happen. Absolute best case scenario they well keep an eye on this and try not to do anything that will prevent later adoption of QMwhen and if it all pans out.

• 454 posts
    February 17, 2019 4:41 PM PST

The PA graphics I have seen are fine with me.  I‘ll Play Pantheon for the content.  I realize others differ on this.

• 11 posts
    February 18, 2019 5:27 PM PST
    trust me game mechanics and fluid movements are always better than AAA graphics. I also understand mmos and single player RPGs will differ in graphics as well. just b thought the new technology would allow for less usage of GPU even though looking really really good. I am big on lighting and sounds for my games for immersion. Right on! dorotea. perfectly said and my thoughts on it. pantheon is trying to be on the leading edge with a lot of game play aspects.