Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Huge update Incoming?

• 49 posts
    February 15, 2019 10:27 PM PST

Maybe its just wishful thinking but from the recent silence from VR and no recent updates or word on state of game, I hope that it could possibly mean they are close to dropping a huge announcement.

There is enough dev streams and gameplay to show what Pantheon will be about, and perhaps VR is done teasing us and is ready to stick it in deep with the next reveal. 

Been 5 years since announce... I think we are closer than we think.....

PRAS SYRONAI

• 3852 posts
    February 16, 2019 6:14 AM PST

Just be calm and relax, nothing to see here ((steps away carefully)).

• 11 posts
    February 16, 2019 7:56 AM PST

lol *allso steps away Carefully+

• 1428 posts
    February 16, 2019 8:19 AM PST

*steps on the poop* well ain't this some hot ****?!

• 1281 posts
    February 16, 2019 4:57 PM PST

Greenkrak2 said:

Maybe its just wishful thinking but from the recent silence from VR and no recent updates or word on state of game, I hope that it could possibly mean they are close to dropping a huge announcement.

There is enough dev streams and gameplay to show what Pantheon will be about, and perhaps VR is done teasing us and is ready to stick it in deep with the next reveal. 

Been 5 years since announce... I think we are closer than we think.....

PRAS SYRONAI

There is silence because they are working on the next version of the Pre-Alpha. When that's done, I expect a variety of streams showcasing the new content. That's been the trend all this time.

Yes, it’s been 5 years since announce, however, it's still going to be a while. It's pretty common knowledge that Pantheon basically started over development in middle 2015. So, this summer will hit the 4-year mark. I don't think it's unreasonable to take 5 years to build this game so I wouldn't be expecting a release announcement for quite some time.

• 2 posts
    February 17, 2019 4:15 AM PST

Devs said they'd release their monthly letters in the third week of the month, instead of the first wednesday, I believe it was. So I expect their monthly letter to hit some time next week.

• 3852 posts
    February 17, 2019 8:23 AM PST

As always I look forward to the monthly newsletter. As always over the last year at least now that real information about where they are and what they are doing has moved from "possible" to "quite likely" for the newsletter.

As for a significant announcement, even a hint as to when they expect us to hit alpha ....no I do not expect that at all. Not a chance. They won't know themselves until PA5 is released and tested which I do not think has happened yet.

• 1860 posts
    February 17, 2019 9:03 AM PST

dorotea said:

As always I look forward to the monthly newsletter. As always over the last year at least now that real information about where they are and what they are doing has moved from "possible" to "quite likely" for the newsletter.

As for a significant announcement, even a hint as to when they expect us to hit alpha ....no I do not expect that at all. Not a chance. They won't know themselves until PA5 is released and tested which I do not think has happened yet.

Agreed, we've had comments that there will be PA phases beyond PA5 as well. Expecting a major alpha announcement is jumping the gun.  At this point Ill be pleasantly surprised if alpha starts this year.

This post was edited by philo at February 17, 2019 9:03 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 18, 2019 1:44 PM PST

It's true that ebbs of silence are always followed by flows of updates. But we were warned that it would be a while until the next update for this one since it's such a huge undertaking. So there's really no way of knowing how much longer. Wishful thinking without evidence can be dangerous. And thinking about how much longer it will be will not make it come faster. Just some words of advice from someone who has been watching patiently for a few years now :)

bigdogchris is totally right - look at the big picture and take things one step at a time: PA5 first, then some streams showing the progress of PA5, then probably another period of relative silence, etc. It's a constantly cycle of up and down and it's best to learn how to just ride the waves and not force them.

• 81 posts
    February 19, 2019 4:48 AM PST

We do know when this update is coming. We were told third week in February, which we are in. So taking them at their word it will be before the conclusion of this week. Will it be huge? My guess is yes.

Edit; It's allso really cool we are all excited by a newsletter. When was the last time you had that feeling about a game, let alone a newsleter about a game.

This post was edited by Bloodfire at February 19, 2019 4:51 AM PST
    • 62 posts
    February 19, 2019 6:47 AM PST

I am so anxious to play this game i feel like im getting crazy. I am known as a patient man but this is really testing my limits. :0)

• 136 posts
    February 19, 2019 7:02 AM PST

I was hoping last news letter was going to be the "big announcement". However I just today watched a video on BazgrimTV on YouTube and learned that originally the devs had planned to have alpha out by the end of last year. This was pushed back at some point mid 2018 so we already knew that wasn't going to happen. It seems that as of right now they are trying to polish what they have to give us the best experience and representation of what the devs want the game to be when we finally get to see it for the first time. This game has a lot of buzz around it right now and even a poorly executed alpha launch could be terrible for the games release and long term success. I'm honestly thinking nothing crazy this month, big announcemet next month. 

• 413 posts
    February 19, 2019 9:42 AM PST

I am just hoping for a launch in 2020.  Really don't what to do in the meantime.

• 228 posts
    February 20, 2019 7:13 AM PST

knoote said:

I am so anxious to play this game i feel like im getting crazy. I am known as a patient man but this is really testing my limits. :0)

Take a series of deep breaths, dude. If you don't relax a little, you'll end up being a patient. :)

I'm planning for my retirement in three-and-a-half years time, and I wouldn't mind, nor be surprised, if that coincided with Pantheon's launch.

• 413 posts
    February 20, 2019 7:51 AM PST

The update will come.  It hard to go through all these pre-alpha, alphas and betas. for EQ2, SWG, Vanguard, SWToR, DDO, ect.....

Then, always be patient and wait.  Hoping that this time as you wait, you really are waiting for the real thing. 

But Pantheon better be ready before Star Citizen / Squadron 64 , who finally got done with the second pass on my ship.