Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What are you looking forward to the most?

• 1479 posts
    February 14, 2019 3:59 PM PST

Too much to say, however even as a roleplayer I'm more focused about the combat mechanics and party synergies than everything else, as a stable, working and enjoyable game is far more important before anything else.

• 557 posts
    February 14, 2019 6:55 PM PST

I'd have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing how the overall nature of the player community develops and the healthy meshing of VR CS staff and a self-correcting community.   I'm hoping we'll relive the era of GM activities/events and guides who are out there engaging with the player base, not just enforcing the PNP.

• 178 posts
    February 14, 2019 8:57 PM PST

Kilsin said:

What is the biggest feature, mechanic or system that you are looking forward to when Pantheon releases? #MMORPG #communitymatters

class interdependance with unique roles

challenging world

polished grouping systems

deep customization (not esthetical) of the classes (skills, talents, attributes etc).

• 49 posts
    February 14, 2019 10:10 PM PST

The beauty and scope of the world.

Something about EQ and from what I've seen from Pantheon just really gets the scope right when running through zones.

And the awesome footage of the Halfling Area that has been released looks so beautiful already, I just imagine running through the world with a real sense of the unknown and being in a huge world.

• 228 posts
    February 15, 2019 4:10 AM PST

A severe death penalty.

Not because I like to be punished, but because it makes risk vs. reward a real thing again.

• 90 posts
    February 15, 2019 6:39 AM PST
    Class synergies, emergent game play, and difficult challenges - if that's combat, travel, or crafting, I don't really care.
    I'm tired of easy mode all the time. The thing I look forward to the most is actually having to face a challenge that will test my limits as a player.

I don't want to just move out of the fire. I want to have to find and use an extinguisher to put it out instead.
    • 3237 posts
    February 15, 2019 7:21 AM PST

Kilsin said:

What is the biggest feature, mechanic or system that you are looking forward to when Pantheon releases? #MMORPG #communitymatters

Progeny is the single feature that I look forward to more than any other, if I could only pick one.  Really though, it's all about the big picture:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/what_is_pantheon/

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/pantheon_difference/

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/game_features/

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/game_tenets/

This post was edited by oneADseven at February 15, 2019 7:22 AM PST
    • 71 posts
    February 16, 2019 9:57 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Combat system - Hoping for a very vanilla EQish type combat, not a flashy dps race. 

I must admit, I very much DO like flashy combat - I loved it in TERA.  The problem, I think, is the flashy dps race stuff simply has no sustainability for interest in the game.  It's a quick 'fix' of fun or looks pretty but is damn ugly at it's core.  Starting to sound more like a discussion thread on combat so I'll quit now 8-).

--- My opinions are not humble, they are just my opinions. ---

• 79 posts
    February 16, 2019 1:28 PM PST

Exploration, meeting new friends, immersing myself in the world.  I won't say I am looking for the same experience as I had in EQ because I don't think I ever will, but I am hoping this game gets as close as I can get.

• 73 posts
    February 17, 2019 12:57 PM PST

Kilsin said:

If by feature you mean Rangers are the highest outdoor physical damage DPSers in the game!! Then look no further... If by mechanics you mean a player can manipulate his/her Rangers to open up a fight by applying dots and physical range damage and maxxing their momentum pool to full and bounce into melee range and dump it all with a huge burst of melee dps then bounce back out to range to start the process over again... then, I am looking forward to this game. Now if the system allows other classes to to become awesome too in their field, were a well discipline player can unlock and maximize their characters potentials all the better. Because I can't do it alone... Without a tank I'm dead, without a timely heal I'm surely dead, without a CCer I'm constantly running, without my fellow dpsers I am terribly slow at killing. I need the world lush with flora and fauna or I cannot harvest my materials to make or have made my weapons, tools, packs and gear... I am a reality tv show...naked, cold, hungry! Without my friends and guildies I am extremely bored and probably in the negative for exp. 

So when Patheon releases I am hoping for all these things, if I get some of ladder things I will be content and work my hardest at being the ranger...

/smirk 

This post was edited by Soaren at February 17, 2019 12:58 PM PST
    • 123 posts
    February 18, 2019 11:29 AM PST

Old school strategic combat system, with chirurgical pulls, mezz, offtanking, each action being meaningfull, etc ... no frenetic dps click race action bullshit.

• 30 posts
    February 20, 2019 7:34 AM PST
    Pugging while doing a duneon crawl playing support classes. No better way to learn your class inside and out as different classes drop/join the group. What buffs/debuffs will stack and what abilities/spells are wasted on your hotbar if another class has a better version.

Sitting at a densely populated zone line as an enchanter derailing trains.
    • 413 posts
    February 20, 2019 8:09 AM PST

I want to be a noob again and run around in my underwear.   I want to walk into a forest, lose myself for a moment and say to myself  "better take my bearings so I can get back to the city gates again".  I want danger.  I want a vast zone with no map and bats and snakes that can kill me.  

This post was edited by Zevlin at February 20, 2019 8:09 AM PST
    • 223 posts
    February 25, 2019 2:37 PM PST

I guess as all of the above at the same time, however on the top of my list it would have to be meeting the people that I will be helping and being helped by. The different personalities and the forg community that wil evolve for years.

• 221 posts
    March 2, 2019 7:58 AM PST

The noob deaths! ;-) 

• 26 posts
    March 2, 2019 1:57 PM PST

What am I looking forward to the most? the Alpha announcement. I feel like it's been pretty silent as of late and I would love an update.

But really, I look forward to that lost and new feeling I get when I play a new MMO, hopefully it's not too overwhelming and alien though, that sometimes turns me off to games if I feel like it will be a second job to learn the interface :P

This post was edited by Yaz87x at March 2, 2019 1:58 PM PST
    • 9 posts
    March 3, 2019 8:46 PM PST

Frankly, a game that's challenging all the way through. I havnt seen one since vanilla wow.  Also getting lost and being afraid of my surroundings.  Havn't felt that since EQ back in the day.  Penalties for death will be a GREAT addition. who cares if you jus have to run back?

• 52 posts
    March 4, 2019 12:28 PM PST

THE WAY THE CLASSES ACTUALLY MEAN SOMETHING.  I HATE THE DUMB DOWN TANK, HEAL, DPS.  I LIKE TANK, HEAL, DPS, PULL, CROWD CONTROL, OFF TANK, DEBUFF, BUFF, SYSTEM WAY BETTER.  PEOPLE HAVE TO KNOW AND LOVE THEIR CLASS AND LEARNING HOW TO COMBINE THEM AS IN THE CHANTER AND MAGE CLASSES IS BADASS.  

• 68 posts
    March 4, 2019 4:18 PM PST

What I am looking forward to is the Perception System. It should hold your intrerest and hopefully make the choises you make mean something.

• 168 posts
    March 4, 2019 4:26 PM PST

Kilsin said:

It is very hard to answer this honestly when there is so little details out there to make a choice. I will pretend a lot of crafting has been revealed and go with the in-depth, challenging, and hard to master crafting. Even if its a system that completely removes all hope of feeding my completionist desires.

• 4 posts
    March 4, 2019 4:46 PM PST

I am just hoping for a return to simpler times. No in-game maps... I think that is brilliant. It encourages you pay attention to your surroundings a LOT more as well as drives you to explore more thoroughly.

I also like having to work for things and not have everything handed to me on a silver platter. This drives a much deeper sense of accomplishment and satisfaction (for me at least). Things like having to search for less common spells or abilities (whether it's drops ala the EQ spell page fragments or mentors and faction barriers etc).

A much slower leveling rate hopefully. I always found it frustrating that other MMOs leveled so fast that there was little value in crafting for those early levels as you outgrew gear within a few hours of obtaining it making the first 50 levels of crafted gear not worth the time to create it.

Ringer Fluxmaster,

Enchanter

• 668 posts
    March 4, 2019 7:16 PM PST
    I am looking most forward to a game that challenges me, but one that will take me awhile to level and journey thru. It is exciting to think I can get lost in a whole new huge world, and be drawn into another game world that is addictive and gets the imagination going.
    • 193 posts
    March 13, 2019 10:09 AM PDT

Story, perception and the possibility of diplomacy to hopefully impact the game world, even if just in a small way.

Edit: Puzzles and thinking our way through things!

This post was edited by Percipiens at March 13, 2019 10:42 AM PDT
    • 28 posts
    April 2, 2019 12:15 PM PDT
    4-boxing

Mal
    • 46 posts
    April 3, 2019 12:32 PM PDT

I am most looking forward to an immersive experience that draws me into the world and makes me want to stay. The opportunity cost of my time has grown since I played my last serious MMO (quit EQ around Gayes of Discord). I have spouse/kids, a fair amount of disposable income, 2 jobs, community service activities I'm heavily involved in, etc. The time I have to play a game like Pantheon will be minimal and so when I have time, I want it to be remarkable. Knowing that such value is largely in the eye of the beholder, what I value:

- Challenge: Risks should be rewarded and mistakes should be punished.

- Interdependence: Most things should require a diverse group to achieve.

- Measurable Progress: Some way to bechmark myself against a goal

But most of all, I am hoping to draw my two daughters and spouse into the world with me. Our schedules are not such that we will be able to play together often, but when we can, I am hoping this game can be a shared experience that we value as a way to spend quality time together.

Put me among the crowd that cannon speak to what I am looking forward to without commenting on what I am not:

- I am not looking for a reboot of EQ

- Difficulty finding groups with whom I can adventure

- Time sinks that reward low opportunity cost of time over achieving anything substantive

- Mass destruction and quick combat. I want to work for the kill