Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

How are you staying busy until release?

• 6 posts
    January 30, 2019 6:34 AM PST

As we all anxiously wait for release of Alpha/Beta/Release, how do you keep yourself busy! I recently built a new computer that is gathering dust until Alpha. Though I might break into EQ2 again with the release of some new servers, an event PvP, and another progression server. Anyone checking those out? It is mostly console for me, playing through the Final Fantasy's, Resident Evils, Kingdom Hearts, Diablos, Command and Conquer's and some others. How do you keep sane while we all wait?!

• 76 posts
    January 30, 2019 6:41 AM PST

World of Warcraft classic server and The Division 2.

Btw nice pic, I love FF 9 : )

This post was edited by Ayren at January 30, 2019 6:43 AM PST
    • 6 posts
    January 30, 2019 6:47 AM PST
    Thanks :) I'm replacing them in order now, on 6. Is the classic WoW an official server or still the emulators?
    • 76 posts
    January 30, 2019 6:58 AM PST

Official from blizzard.

• 90 posts
    January 30, 2019 8:00 AM PST

Making videos, entertaining my kids and spending time with my wife.

Because I know once release happens, I'll be ignoring everyone for at least a few weeks.

As for playing other MMO's? I can't. There is just no magic left in those titles any longer for me. I anxiously await Alpha release so I can actually play something I enjoy that isn't a decade or more out of date....

• 334 posts
    January 30, 2019 10:40 AM PST

Currently trying to catch up on some reading. Also revisiting Counter Strike: Source and some other older games (Morrowind). Will wait for more info on the upcoming fresh-start TLE for EQ2 releasing in March, and might look into WoW Classic when it releases. Looking forward to The Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk 2077, too. Ace Combat 7 releases on PC tomorrow (huge fan of Shattered Skies), so I'll probably jump into that as well.

• 438 posts
    January 30, 2019 12:17 PM PST
    RDR2 and hunting
    • 8 posts
    January 30, 2019 1:44 PM PST

I started playing EQ Classic on Project 1999 server.

• 9 posts
    January 30, 2019 1:53 PM PST

nothing MMO related to be honest, Heroes of The Storm from Blizzard.  I also started up on P99 which is pretty cool so far.  Kinda lonely but if anyone wants to level up together I'd be down.

This post was edited by Drizzlin at January 30, 2019 1:54 PM PST
    • 8 posts
    January 30, 2019 2:02 PM PST

Drizzlin said:

nothing MMO related to be honest, Heroes of The Storm from Blizzard.  I also started up on P99 which is pretty cool so far.  Kinda lonely but if anyone wants to level up together I'd be down.

Kind of lonely?   Which server are you on?  I find the P99: Blue just the opposite, at least in lower levels.  Trying to do Crushbone is a challenge because it is always camped, at least during prime time when there is always > 1500 on the server.   

• 26 posts
    January 30, 2019 3:40 PM PST

EQ Live, mostly raiding (3 days a week) and a little grouping. I've been playing a TON of Battlefield V as well.

• 206 posts
    January 30, 2019 7:43 PM PST

Drizzlin said:

Kinda lonely but if anyone wants to level up together I'd be down.

I have a lvl 10 Necro, and a lvl 21 Bard. add me Drantus or Kavothe

• 124 posts
    January 31, 2019 12:12 AM PST

Since the older / previous MMO's have lost their charm to me and became either too easy or too much of a grind combined with pay to win, i've started to enjoy survival games. Been playing ARK, Conan Exiles, Outpost Zero and most recent addition is Empyrion - Galactic Survival. Always hosting my own servers as i don't like to be dependant on others for this specifically and generally these kind of games have lots of them people that spoil it for those who play the game its ment to be.

Have been tempted to play the project's, but have refrained too as it will take too much time i do not have currently.