Forums » Support

Do Upgrades Add Up?

• 9 posts
    January 21, 2019 7:47 AM PST

Ok, so let's say I'm in the $250 / Pathfinder range, and I decide to toss a one time $100 pledge at the game. I do that a few more times until I've added $550 to the game (initial $250 plus 3 X $100 one time pledges..) Does that automatically give me the titles / benefits as if I had outright purchased / upgraded to the Perceiver's Pledge?

• 53 posts
    January 21, 2019 8:45 AM PST

Hello, 

Yes, rewards and pledges are cummlative and can be upgraded over time. Just keep in mind that you will need to upgrade fully from one pledge to the other before the rewards increase (example - someone at the $100.00 level pledges an additional $100.00, they would then be entitled to the $150.00 level rewards, but would need an additional $50.00 to secure the $250.00 Pledge level) 

Thank you for your support of Pantheon. 

• 9 posts
    January 21, 2019 9:27 AM PST

Thanks for the reply - related question:

If I get a subscription, do those monthly installments ($14.95, or whatever..) go towards those pledge levels when the total money pledged reaches those pledge levels?  Say I pledge $250, get a subscription...4 monthly later I have put just shy of $60 more dollars into the game.  Would I then have the Adviser Title / Benefits?

This post was edited by lothraem at January 21, 2019 9:34 AM PST
    • 157 posts
    January 22, 2019 9:35 AM PST

lothraem said:

If I get a subscription, do those monthly installments ($14.95, or whatever..) go towards those pledge levels when the total money pledged reaches those pledge levels?  Say I pledge $250, get a subscription...4 monthly later I have put just shy of $60 more dollars into the game.  Would I then have the Adviser Title / Benefits?

I also have this question.

• 8694 posts
    January 22, 2019 4:08 PM PST

lothraem said:

Hi Lothraem,

No, they do not mate, subscriptions are for forum access to have read/write permissions, they are not connected to pledges at all and do not accumulate.

They used to a long time ago when we had no way to let users upgrade but it was a temporary bandaid solution that we have now fixed by implementing an upgrade system for our pledges.

• 157 posts
    January 22, 2019 9:20 PM PST

@Kilsin If there is a good reason for this I respect that choice. But I figured I would point out that I am pledged now and if a monthly sub slowly upped my pledge I would likely start a monthly pledge.

• 9 posts
    January 23, 2019 4:41 PM PST

Agreed.

• 8694 posts
    January 24, 2019 3:39 PM PST

starblight said:

@Kilsin If there is a good reason for this I respect that choice. But I figured I would point out that I am pledged now and if a monthly sub slowly upped my pledge I would likely start a monthly pledge.

Hi Starblight,

We had payment plans so people could pay pledges off overtime/per month but the logistics, management and system that we use are not compatible, the backend admin was getting out of hand and our poor CS team were being run into the ground with tickets to help correct payment plans because at the end of a payment plan, the system would consider it like a sub and once the last payment was made, it would cancel the payment plan, remove access/all pledge rewards and they would have to be manually put back on for every single community member, which was a time intensive task for our lean and mean CS team!

So, unfortunately, we are unable to deal with payment plans until we can change the backend system we use, which is a big job, and allowing forum subscriptions to count towards in-game pledges also comes with its own hurdles and obstacles, so basically, we now offer one time payments until we can change our entire backend system, something we will look at before the game launches.

Sorry mate, but I hope that helps explain it a bit better.

• 495 posts
    January 25, 2019 6:21 AM PST

lothraem said: Say I pledge $250, get a subscription...4 monthly later I have put just shy of $60 more dollars into the game.  Would I then have the Adviser Title / Benefits?

On top of Kilsin's answer... It should be noted that all Pledges from $50 and up come with automatic unlimited Forum access at various tiers. Currently the $50, $100, and $150 pledges get unlimited 'Supporter' forum access. The $250, $300, and $500 pledges get unlimited 'Champion' forum access. The $1,000, 3,000, and $10,000 pledges all come with unlimited 'VIP' forum access.

So if you pledged $250 as you suggested, you would not also need a subscription since you already have the forum access (Champion) that the $15 subscription would give.

• 9 posts
    January 25, 2019 9:12 AM PST

I think Starblight and I were both thinking that it was a convenient, relatively painless way to support the game and gradually gain those benefits with increased support.  I am already a $300 supporter, and if tossing $15 a month gets me more benefits in time I'd consider it.  With that initial pledge I already have forum access.  But if it is a pain to fix that's fine.  I just wanted to know how that all worked, and got a clear answer.

This post was edited by lothraem at January 25, 2019 3:50 PM PST
    • 157 posts
    January 25, 2019 10:01 AM PST

@Kilsin Thanks for the clear explanation and reasoning behind the decision. 

@lothraem Well said I am in a similar situation and feel that same.

• 162 posts
    January 29, 2019 2:59 AM PST

It is a shame that it isn't supported, but can understand it just the same.

For me personally i wouldn't mind doing a monthly sub to increase my pledge 'level'. Kind of getting XP like the game itsself. For newer pledgers and people with smaller pockets it has benefits, but for VR it also has benefits in terms of a monthly income. Obviously they have said that the game is already paid for so technically they don't need any monthly incomes or more pledges at all (which isn't a very smart statement in my opinion), which in turn result into not having this feature high on the agenda. As it comes with additional expenses which then take away budget from the game itsself, and that is the focus obviously.